Patpong

JimTripper

Is Patpong nightlife still open for classic older western tourists, or is most of it shut down or catering to Japanese?

Last time I was there Japanese St (not very welcoming at all to non Asians) was busy but the rest seemed like it was dying. Just wondered how it has evolved over the past 5 years.

Are there any expats here in the forum that like Patpong regularly for nightlife?

Edited by JimTripper

Ive never been there 10 yrs living in Thailand. Only thing about Patpong I ever read where ping pong shows and people going in for one or two drinks and getting stitched up for several hundred dollars. Maybe not like that anymore

• Like 2

Here is Silom in a nutshell

Thaniya (japanese PP) seems to be thriving although I see a lot of closed businesses and not sure all the clubs are open.

PP2 with the grocery store is open and doing as well as it used to. However it is starting to have a very Ladyboy feel

Patpong 1 as it was is dead.  Safari is dead.  I have a few friends there and go for a beer because it is quiet. (not a good sign for the street) 

The bars that are open are not doing well, and the street is dark.  The Ladyboy clubs are starting to try to edge their way

in. 

The market I have heard is going to start next month, but then again it may only be wishful thinking.

If you want a quiet beer and to play a little pool then tip top is great location girls are friendly and the beer is reasonable.

If you are looking for entertainment on a stage, then I would suggest NANA.

Will Patpong 1 come back to what is what I do not know and at this point think it will not.

The owners have no incentive to upgrade and there is the catch 22

Tourists used to go for the market

BUT

for the market to be there had to be tourists.

Even before covid there were a lot of empty stalls.

• Like 1

I vaguely remember sitting on the corner of Patpong street long ago on a then vacant lot (before the BTS was conceived and built) smoking a doobie with a Yank pal. Ancient memories. Now, I think to myself why would, I or any other, critically thinking horny man go there. It's populated by sharks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimTripper said:

See the guy in the shadows on the right at the beginning of the vid who yells “SM Show!”? That’s an S&M club. Has anyone been in there or know the name of that club?

BarBar. Went there once. Expensive. 

1,000 baht cover charge which includes 1 drink. 300 baht lady drinks. Mistresses were ladies but the subs were kathoeys. Didn't worry me because I'm easy but if it's not your thing then no point going.

I'll spare you the gory details but I had a great time despite the drastic effect on my wallet 

PS. that was 6 months ago and I haven't been back since so they may have changed their lineup since then.

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

PP2 with the grocery store is open and doing as well as it used to. However it is starting to have a very Ladyboy feel

When where you there last? I've not been in a few months but last time I saw only a few LB bars. Pinocchio Club and "Tony's bar" (forget the name, it's to the right of Top Light).

Looks like I'll have to get out tonight and have a squizz ????

7 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Are there any expats here in the forum that like Patpong regularly for nightlife?

I used to but then I got sweet on a coyote dancer at the Panther so I stopped going before I did anything silly like ask her out ????????????

I might go there tonight to see what's up, it's Saturday night so hopefully not as dead as before.

Just now, alex8912 said:

What do you consider soi 2 and 4? Straight lol 

You're talking about Silom sois. Sparktrader was referring to Patpong which I assumed meant PP1 AND PP2.

I'm on PP2 now. Send me ten grand and I'll visit every bar to make sure that they're not all gay ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just go to a dark seedy club upstairs and when you refuse to pay the extortionate bar bill , you will witness and participate in some real life sadism and masochism 

Right now there is possibly only 1 bar on pp1 like that.  If they adverty pingpong they are 3000 baht beers 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Safari was the only bar I would frequent when in BKK for business. It was a nice quiet bar with some nice girls and they weren't pushy. I found that bar from a friend who first took me there back in the late 90s.

That's why I go to tip top. Buy a few lady drinks and talk to the girls untitthey get a customer 

22 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I did go to an seedy upstairs live sex show bar about 15 years ago and literally had to fight my way out after the door was locked .

I ended up being chased down the stairs by a ladyboy waving a razor blade about 

You watch too many movies

• Haha 1