Patpong

JimTripper

8 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Why would none of the girls at barbar assume a submissive role?

I don't think that's the case...

"For those that arrive alone and would like a playmate, we host a wide selection of
in-house Mistresses and slaves ready for your seduction".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't think that's the case...

"For those that arrive alone and would like a playmate, we host a wide selection of
in-house Mistresses and slaves ready for your seduction".

Somebody said earlier that all the submissives were katoey’s, and the doms were natural females. I guess I would find that out after paying the 1000 baht door charge.

Also, if I’m picky about partners I need to pay the cover first before seeing anyone, that sucks.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Denim said:

That tip Top has a long history. Hope it survived Covid. Had many late night meals there and its other branch up on Sukhumvit. Did a very nice Geng Masaman.  

Oh it's still going but the last time I was in there, about 5 months ago, it was no longer a restaurant. It had morphed into a pool hall / staging area for the Kings Castle girls to pretty themselves for the night to come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Safari.  

no there was the bar across fromtip top not sure it ever had a name had tables on the inside and outside of the building.  It did not have any ladies looking for lady drinks.  Just good music and sold hard liquor.  

Screenshot 2022-11-23 134349.png

Edited by kingstonkid
add pic

50 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Probably another one who's never been there.   Can't imagine 'kin LBs being subs!  

I made that assertion based on my one and only visit about six months ago. But it was kind of fake anyway, i think they're just doing a job and not really into the actual BDSM thing.

I'm not a fetish expert, I just went there because why not? So don't get all technical on me please.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Denim said:

That tip Top has a long history. Hope it survived Covid. Had many late night meals there and its other branch up on Sukhumvit. Did a very nice Geng Masaman.  

Sorry to say that NONE of the restaurants on Patpong survived.  Tip Top is now a place where you can play pool, have a beer talk to the ladies and order food form outside.

9 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I made that assertion based on my one and only visit about six months ago. But it was kind of fake anyway, i think they're just doing a job and not really into the actual BDSM thing.

I'm not a fetish expert, I just went there because why not? So don't get all technical on me please.

Only went 1 time lilke you just to see what the noise about it was all 3 girls were real.

3 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Sorry to say that NONE of the restaurants on Patpong survived.  Tip Top is now a place where you can play pool, have a beer talk to the ladies and order food form outside.

Last time I was there (admittedly a few months ago) Madrid was still open.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Sad.

As Randy Crawford sang :

Everything Must Change

Everything must change
Nothing stays the same
Everyone will change
No one stays the same
The young become the old
Mysteries do unfold
For that's the way of time
Nothing and no one goes unchanged
There are not many things in life
You can be sure of...
Except, rain comes from the clouds
Sun light up the sky
Hummingbirds do fly

9 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Everything in Patpong kind of has that amusement park vibe like it’s trying too hard to put on a good show or is a surface act. It’s hard to describe.

I think Devil’s Den of Sukhumvit is the real deal. Like everything else it depends on who you meet there, not just the decor.

On 11/19/2022 at 5:22 AM, dingdongrb said:

Safari was the only bar I would frequent when in BKK for business. It was a nice quiet bar with some nice girls and they weren't pushy. I found that bar from a friend who first took me there back in the late 90s.

Safari was hot. They used to lock the front door so the girls could tune up rude, abusive and drunken customers before they were dumped outside.

Patpong went downhill when it was turned into a street market.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 2:23 PM, South said:

Didn't really go to the bars on the 4 Sois, not my thing but there was a at the time, a great farang bar in the underground car park .... can't remember the name of it. Anybody remember it? The rest of Patpong before the market was just a cesspit. The only other good bar was Nariagos or however you spell it on Soi 4, had to run the gauntlet of gay bars first but great live music in there. Was a while ago now.

Noriega's Bar was run by the Burmese guy who worked at Superstar Bar with Superstar Disco. Frank or?

26 minutes ago, d4dang said:

Safari was hot. They used to lock the front door so the girls could tune up rude, abusive and drunken customers before they were dumped outside.

Spot on - the tipping point as they say.

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Everything in Patpong kind of has that amusement park vibe like it’s trying too hard to put on a good show or is a surface act. It’s hard to describe.

I think Devil’s Den of Sukhumvit is the real deal. Like everything else it depends on who you meet there, not just the decor.

Patpong feels old and worn out to me now, like an abandoned amusement park. It could really do with a makeover of both the infrastructure and the staff but I doubt that will happen any time soon. Where would the money come from?

I don't go there much anymore and probably won't go again until January when a friend is in town. It'll be interesting to see if the night market magically transforms the place into a tourist mecca but I'm not holding my breath.

6 hours ago, d4dang said:

When was that if you can remember? Also why do you think it has such a big impact?

Was it because the market attracted civilians? I know I don't like it when the looky-loos turn up, especially young white couples. It's kinda difficult to get handsy with the girls when some judgey backpackers are sitting next to you ????

44 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Patpong feels old and worn out to me now, like an abandoned amusement park. It could really do with a makeover of both the infrastructure and the staff but I doubt that will happen any time soon. Where would the money come from?

I don't go there much anymore and probably won't go again until January when a friend is in town. It'll be interesting to see if the night market magically transforms the place into a tourist mecca but I'm not holding my breath.

I think the Patpongpanich family still owns the land and could afford improvements, however I never hear much about them. I think they are just an absentee landlord that sits back and collects rent.

All I hear is about some distant relative that bought the land for peanuts eons ago. I think they just own the land and don’t get involved with the structures that are owned by others.

Edited by JimTripper

4 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I think the Patpongpanich family still owns the land and could afford improvements, however I never hear much about them. I think they are just an absentee landlord that sits back and collects rent.

All I hear is about some distant relative that bought the land for peanuts eons ago.

I haven't been to the Museum yet, I don't like the French guy that hangs around outside the front LOL. Apparently the full history is available there, at least according to a YouTube video I watched. That video was quite interesting, it mentioned that IBM and the CIA used to have offices down on Patpong. 

Bar stool talk says it was a Chinese guy named Fat Fong who bought the land many moons ago and made it what it is now. But for the life of me I don't understand why the family haven't razed it to the ground and put up an office building or condos or something. That's prime real estate isn't it, it's got be worth heaps (billions? I'm not sure about Silom land values).

A Thaniya-style revamp would be nice but as you said, seems like the landlord is absent and is happy with the rental income so we're stuck with the dilapidated bars and the stench of stray cats for now ????

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I haven't been to the Museum yet, I don't like the French guy that hangs around outside the front LOL. Apparently the full history is available there, at least according to a YouTube video I watched. That video was quite interesting, it mentioned that IBM and the CIA used to have offices down on Patpong. 

Bar stool talk says it was a Chinese guy named Fat Fong who bought the land many moons ago and made it what it is now. But for the life of me I don't understand why the family haven't razed it to the ground and put up an office building or condos or something. That's prime real estate isn't it, it's got be worth heaps (billions? I'm not sure about Silom land values).

A Thaniya-style revamp would be nice but as you said, seems like the landlord is absent and is happy with the rental income so we're stuck with the dilapidated bars and the stench of stray cats for now ????

I’m pretty sure that French guy from the museum owns BarBar also.

There is that huge mall complex right across the street. The land owners could make a fortune if they rented out the land for brand stores.

The Patpong land owners are probably politically connected and this have reason to keep the area as it is. Maybe because it’s important for tourism image or has an established history that would ding the city if it were just turned into another mall.

• Thanks 1

I couldn't, maybe you meant that you could.

I couldn't use an LB for anything.

If you are a true sub you could. It does not sound like you are. A true sub would not indicate a preference, but would prefer something they did not like.

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I couldn't, maybe you meant that you could.

I couldn't use an LB for anything.

If you are a true sub you could. It does not sound like you are. A true sub would not indicate a preference, but would prefer something they did not like.

"If you are a true sub you could. It does not sound like you are".

I'm not a sub freak of any type, I'm normal, why do you keep suggesting that I am by using the word "you"?!