Was refused to leave Thailand

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You try doing what the suggested at border crossing.

Stay in hotel for one night in Bangkok and ask for a screen shot of the TM30 report they will do online.

Then go to to get the 7 day stamp to leave the country after your current extension stamp is transferred to your passport.

It appears you will need to go the Laksi Square office to get it done. Info is at the bottom of this page.

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/courses/muangthongthani-will_be-closed/

Doesn't his current Covid exemption stamp expire on 22-Nov ??

What would be transferred into his new passport ? - the same stamp expiring on 22nd Nov and a 7 day extensions on top of that ?

And then fly out to either his home country or a neighbouring country and secure a ‘real’ visa on which to enter Thailand ? (i.e. A Tourist Visa) 

Edited by richard_smith237

3 hours ago, Hellfire said:

Yes

I had the same problem there (almost 3 years on covid extensions), but with persistence and determination managed to cross the border. They have no legal rights to refuse you exit.

I didn't need to transfer stamps to another passport though.

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Like 2

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I hated going to immigration, and ended up using agent so as not have to.

Just as well there were other things to want to go through the hassle for.

Only hassel if you can not meet the requirements set for visa or reenter the country. 

You guys continue the false truths about complicated immigration based on false information. 

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps you didn't have to use the Chiang Mai office. Every year they invented stupid new rules, or changed the size or colour of photo, or changed colour of pen.

I had a few f ups with them had to get new pics of home and us, and tried to deliver one day to early, and we living 86 km away. I can understand your frustration when <deleted> like that happens to many times. Except from that they have been great to me and very helpful. 

11 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Was it at the Ban Laem border crossing?

That is surprising. Usually, that kind of issue arises at Aranyaprathet/Poipet.

Easiest, frankly, would have been to leave by air if you were unable to transfer stamps where you last did an extension of your permission to stay. There is no difficulty getting an exit stamp in the new passport when leaving via Suvarnabhumi as long as you allow extra time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

I'm still confused.  They wouldn't let the OP out of Thailand because of what specifically?   

A few years ago I was able to change to my new passport at Aranya Pratet.  Paid the 500 Baht.  Took almost an hour, though.  

It confused me also, and in stark contrast to my own experiences.

I can only assume Hellfire was at the wrong border point at the wrong time.

Over the Years, I have transferred stamps here 3 times over 4 passports - twice at Laotian border points - once at my local office. The only sticking point I have ever encountered was the last time - it was a weekend - the senior i/o was playing football, so I had to wait for him to be contacted, to make a phonecall to a subordinate, to sort it out.

I must point out, I can't recall ever being charged for the service.

I'm sure once Hellfire jumps through the appropriate hoops, he'll get sorted - I would perhaps avoid such a checkpoint in the future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

I'm still confused.  They wouldn't let the OP out of Thailand because of what specifically?   

Apparently to prevent him from being stuck in Cambodia since they would of denied him entry to here.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

I had the same problem there (almost 3 years on covid extensions), but with persistence and determination managed to cross the border. They have no legal rights to refuse you exit.

I didn't need to transfer stamps to another passport though.

Yes, they cannot refuse you to exit. But if one intends to cross the border back in a matter of 1-2 hours  - do they have a right to refuse him the entrance then? I think they do.  
 I try to solve my problem the way ubonjoe has offered (although I figured it out myself before he posted). What I need is to request a 7 days extension from the immigration (this one they cannot refuse). And that new 7 days stamp can only be issued to the new passport. Next time at the border, I will only show my new “clean” passport and not the one with 15 covid stamps in it. Hope this should work.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Apparently to prevent him from being stuck in Cambodia since they would of denied him entry to here.

Exactly. If my intention was to leave Thailand for Cambodia and not to come back the same day - I would, of course, insist on letting me out.

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks for the explanation, it's starting to make more sense now. Usually people who intend to do out/in border bounces don't plan for contingencies like getting denied re-entry to Thailand and may not have the resources to make it from the border to Phnom Penh for a tourist visa etc

They don't want to strand the guy in rural Cambodia with no chance of getting back in so refusing exit is the order of two evils.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Every single Covid stamp that I got - was issued by the same Thai immigration which then accuses me of “too many stamps” on the border. And every single stamp was paid for. So, where exactly I violated the law? And how can I know if  I violated anything if one and the same instance has different opinion about its own actions? Are they allowed be so inconsistent ? 

I see this one, and understand your frustrations, my reply was more of a general observation based on those I know who have been stopped in immigration.

At least he stopped you from exit, with no return.

• Like 2