Data from Hunter Biden's laptop is real and was not planted by Russians looking to frame the Biden family: CBS News

Scott

On 11/22/2022 at 7:59 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

And in the months this laptop was allegedly abandoned?

Which part of the experts at least so far have said that the information on the laptop was not planted or altered.  Perhaps you are no computer expert but the fact is there are forensic experts that can tell if any data on a computer was altered or manipulated.  

Using your logic a murder weapon with DNA on it could not be turned in as evidence because you could not prove the chain of custody from the time it was used in the murder to when it was turned in.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2022 at 10:44 AM, ozimoron said:

At best it might lead to an IRS charge for dodging taxes but that's not really the hill the GOP should choose to die on.

Its so good you know so much about what is on that laptop to make that assertion.  Now let me point out that if Hunter Biden received money that was not declared that would be tax evasion.  If Joe Biden is the "big guy" and he also is found to have taken the money, he is guilty of both tax evasion, extortion, money laundering, and taking a bribe.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Which part of the experts at least so far have said that the information on the laptop was not planted or altered.  Perhaps you are no computer expert but the fact is there are forensic experts that can tell if any data on a computer was altered or manipulated.  

Using your logic a murder weapon with DNA on it could not be turned in as evidence because you could not prove the chain of custody from the time it was used in the murder to when it was turned in.  

There’s a marked difference between DNA evidence that is categorically link d to the identity of individuals and computer data files which may be added by anyone holding possession of the computer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suggest you go read up on Chain of Custody and what particular problems it is intended to address.

Oh, so according to you, if the FBI came into Trumps Mar Largo estate and took information from boxes that it could not be used against him because they could not prove chain of custody from the time the documents left the government

• Love It 2

3 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

It’s so good you know so much about what is on that laptop to make that assertion.  Now let me point out that if Hunter Biden received money that was not declared that would be tax evasion.  If Joe Biden is the "big guy" and he also is found to have taken the money, he is guilty of both tax evasion, extortion, money laundering, and taking a bribe.  

If + If + If + If

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s a marked difference between DNA evidence that is categorically link d to the identity of individuals and computer data files which may be added by anyone holding possession of the computer.

Since you are a legal expert on chain of custody, perhaps you should study up on computer forensics

image.png.10f89f920ab572fa867c0a80933b9c4b.png

• Thanks 1

Just now, Longwood50 said:

Oh, so according to you, if the FBI came into Trumps Mar Largo estate and took information from boxes that it could not be used against him because they could not prove chain of custody from the time the documents left the government

That might be the case if the documents were not recovered from ‘Boxes’ ’ in ‘Trump’s Mar a Largo’ estate and if the FBI had no evidence of Trump instructing that those documents be retained, moved or hidden.

And even if you managed to clutch all those straws there’s another problem.

Trump has admitted to having the documents.

It gets better.

Trump asked for the documents to be returned to him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Yes, and if my uncle had had a penis he'd be my aunt.

Edited 4 minutes ago by Phoenix Rising

I was replying to the comment that only Hunter would be in legal trouble and his trouble is limited to only tax evasion.  First off we don't have complete knowledge of what is on that computer.  Secondly, if any of the money went to Joe Biden his troubles exceed just not paying taxes because he would be receiving those monies because of his political position.  There are a myriad of charges that could arise from that. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

You obviously did not pay attention to the content of the emails found. It was not about spitting money to be received, it was about becoming a shareholder of the JV. When you create a JV as shareholder, you INVEST money, not receive money. On top of it, the JV has been effectively created and officially registered. Joe Biden was not a shareholder of this JV.

So all your "if" are pointless.

I didn't realize that you had such inside information on the entirety of what is on the computer.  

I suggest we know only a smattering of what is or is not on that computer. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I didn't realize that you had such inside information on the entirety of what is on the computer.  

Hunter Biden certainly can’t.

He doesn’t even know who has has access to this computer since he allegedly last saw it.

What is indisputable is, lots of people had access to this computer before it was taken under the custody of the FBI.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And you are right, you don’t have complete knowledge of what is on Hunter Biden’s computer.

Hunter Biden himself cannot swear under oath that he has complete knowledge of what is on this computer given it has been out of his possession for so long and I’m the hands of multiple people before being placed into the custody of the FBI.

So perhaps instead of making wild assertions as to what might or might not be on the computer and what charges might stem from it until after it has been fully vetted by those with the ability to determine if it is both genuine and there is no evidence of tampering before making the statement that only Hunter would be involved and it would only involve tax evasion.  

I have heard over the years so many times over both accusations about Democrats and Republicans that they had a smoking gun, for it turn out to be nothing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Since you are a legal expert on chain of custody, perhaps you should study up on computer forensics

image.png.10f89f920ab572fa867c0a80933b9c4b.png

Computer forensics may or may not be an issue here. Chain of custody is a major concern and one way a piece of evidence (The Laptop) can be thrown out as far as any evidentiary/exculpatory evidence located on it no matter what any forensic evidence says...  So go ahead and once agsin ask me about my 30+ years in law enforcement and as a District Attorney investigator where many cases have been lost, or thrown out by the lack of a clear and concise chain of custody to prove no one has tampered with anything regardless of what the forensics say. Forensics are only used to determine who may have placed what on the hard drive, where the computers trail shows it has been, which internet connections were used, whether access was done surreptitiously and when it was accessed or added to, nothing else.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

(The Laptop) can be thrown out as far as any evidentiary/exculpatory evidence located on it no matter what any forensic evidence says

No that is "if or buts" also.  The plain fact is WE DON'T KNOW 

We don't know what is on the computer
We don't know what can or can not be determined as authentic on the computer. 
We don't know that even if the evidence on the computer is completed damning that a judge would not throw it out because of some of the issues you mentioned. 

I was replying to many who were making blanket statements as if somehow they had all the answers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

So perhaps instead of making wild assertions as to what might or might not be on the computer and what charges might stem from it until after it has been fully vetted by those with the ability to determine if it is both genuine and there is no evidence of tampering before making the statement that only Hunter would be involved and it would only involve tax evasion.  

I have heard over the years so many times over both accusations about Democrats and Republicans that they had a smoking gun, for it turn out to be nothing. 

I’m not making wild assertions, you are.

I’m referring to that centuries old judicial maxim (brace yourself)….

‘Reasonable Doubt’.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

There's already evidence of tampering:

Among the reasons for the inconclusive findings was sloppy handling of the data, which damaged some records. The experts found the data had been repeatedly accessed and copied by people other than Hunter Biden over nearly three years, the MacBook itself is now in the hands of the FBI, which is investigating whether Hunter Biden properly reported income from business dealings.

Most of the data obtained by The Post lacks cryptographic features that would help experts make a reliable determination of authenticity, especially in a case where the original computer and its hard drive are not available for forensic examination, other factors, such as emails that were only partially downloaded, also stymied the security experts’ efforts to verify content.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/03/30/hunter-biden-laptop-data-examined/

And that’s all that is needed for ‘Reasonable Doubt’.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

There's already evidence of tampering:

I can't read the article since it is for subscribers only.  Again to beat a dead horse WE DON'T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS

So for those who are either dismissing it as evidence and claiming they can predict what charges may or may not result of themselves are making conjecture that just can't be substantiated. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I am talking about what is known and reported about the TEXT of the emails, I.e.

"The second involved a business venture that Hunter tried to set up with a Chinese energy tycoon in 2017 (after Joe Biden was no longer vice president). One email mentions that the equity split would include “10 held by H for the big guy"

Do you understand what venture and equity means?

https://www.vox.com/22992772/hunter-biden-laptop

• Like 2

I’m not making wild assertions, you are.

You should really look into some memory excercises. 

You were the one who stated that only Hunter was in legal troubles and his troubles would be limited to tax evasion. 

I am pointing out, you have no idea what is on that computer or what the legal ramifications might be nor who it might implicate. 

1 minute ago, candide said:

"The second involved a business venture that Hunter tried to set up with a Chinese energy tycoon in 2017 (after Joe Biden was no longer vice president).

Yes, and even if Joe was no longer VP does his influence within the government stop the day he left office. 

Hint: Many from congress go to be lobbyists for companies.  Why? Because though they are no longer in office they have access and influence.  

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

If you arrived the US and your laptop went missing at the airport but turn d up months later with evidence of having been accessed by multiple people since you last saw it.

What I would say is that computer experts would be able to determine when the data on that computer was added, and if there was any alteration of the data on that computer. 

Need I remind you that Hillary Clinton used a computer expert to delete 33,000 emails and used a military grade software package called bleach bit to erase the data multiple time, and yet computer experts were able to retrieve it.  

There is a huge difference between what a computer expert can determine and what a judge might allow as evidence in court.  

• Love It 1