Transfer Visa to new passport

I got my new UK passport last week.

How soon do I need to visit immigration to transfer my Visa details for the new passport?

My Visa extension is not due until early January. 

So I don't really want to go to immigration before that.

41 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Personally I would do it before your next extension ,no need to

complicate matters , on the day.

Do they require that the letter is issued within a certain number of days? I did mine last year and can't remember but this is often the case.....

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Just leave it until you apply for your new extension.

Depends which Immigration office....................Bumfuknowhere can multitask, but the processing plant that is Jomtien will send you to different windows. Maybe Jomtien when you back to collect your passport.....

17 hours ago, mrjohn said:

Is it feasible to do my Visa extension and transfer to new passport on the same day?

Grateful for any advice from those who've had experience of this.

Assuming it's your Extension of Stay stamp that needs transferring, you can wait until you do your Extension, at least if you use CW in Bangkok.  The only issue is that you need a queue ticket for N1 where they do the transfer and then a different queue ticket for the new Extension.  Last time I did this, the queue for the transfer took 2hours and we missed our appointment for the Extension.  Luckily, we were still able to do it, but it took pretty much all day.  There is no charge for transferring the Extension to your new passport.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just did a transfer of an extension of stay, which took 3+ hours. As others have posted, it may be done by different officers so you may need more than 1 queue ticket. I would do it earlier in order to not be stressed about trying to get both done in 1 day. However there is nothing wrong with waiting as long as you have all documents and copies prepared. 

• Like 1