When to call Ambulance in Pattaya

aussiexpat

The staff should have handled the situation by calling for medical aid if necessary.  Especially if he lost consciousness at some point.  I commend the OP for stepping in.  And if a person is in serious medical distress.  You call for help.  Not think if you have to pay for an ambulance or if the person has medical insurance or not. 
The priority is getting help for the person. 

• Like 2

It sounds like the man had an epileptic fit. It depends on the precise circumstances of the case here, but from experience of a man who worked in my office, his fits looked quite distressing and serious but he always recovered after a few minutes and continued on "back to normal". 

By the time an ambulance arrived, they would be asking, "what's wrong with him?" 

OP, you seem to be worried about him, so I'll put in my 2 cents.

I agree with the two who suggested epileptic fit, the main clue would be the violent shaking.

Also, epilepsy is triggered by many causes, but the main ones I think are loud music, flashing lights, and so on, so you could ask yourself if anything like that was present in the bar at the time.

Anyway, you two guys (and bar staff) were concerned, while the other 50 or so people were not, so I would relax a bit, because you did whatever you could do.

Finally, both the 1669 number poster is to be thanked, as well as the guy who mentioned Government Emergency Number.

Relax, it's over.  Good on you for trying to help!

If he is conscious I would ask him if he needed an ambulance or ride to the hospital. If he refuses or walks off, it’s a no-go. If he accepts I would drive him myself or call the ambulance. His decision. ????

If he is lying there unconscious or unable to respond on the floor (and not just drunk) I would call an ambulance. You could look in his wallet for medical insurance emergency number in that situation.

Doing nothing is a lame move and not the man you want to be. ????????‍♂️

Edited by JimTripper

OP good job at least you tried.

In US father in law was terminally sick … called police and ambulance …police said they can’t force him to go in the ambulance…. Long story short police asked him questions..he was incoherent and couldn’t correctly answer and forced him to take ambulance… 

11 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

So please elaborate, enlighten us on what you would have done.

I'm sure you have scores of stories you tell by the campsite to the boys how you saved/save Thailand  on a daily basis ... 

Don´t need any stories nor campfire to use common sense. If the guy is still there and are constantly falling down as well as not contactable. Then you call the ambulance or tell people working to call. Then your job is done. 

If he walks away, why feel a need to call? Most people that walk away can handle the situation or help themself.

See, no need to save Thailand. Just use common sense and you will be fine. ???? 

18 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

A minute later he collapsed again and I had to hold him up from falling off his stool.

Why put him back on the bar stool he just fell-off?

Should have sat him on the floor.

Monitored his breathing and pulse, if he's alive wait for signs of recovery..

I was once at the side of the pool in a USA Holiday Inn and an Indian in the water got out of his depth and started to panic... fortunately someone dived in and helped him and made me take my foot off his head..... (For all you woke types, this is a joke.. although I did see the guy struggle). 

On 11/27/2022 at 10:28 AM, aussiexpat said:

I'm thinking if I did call an Ambulance without his consent I should have to pay for it?

He was out of it not answering questions. If that was me I hope someone called an Ambulance instead of just giving me water 

If I was dying of thirst, I hope someone gave me some water, rather than calling me an ambulance.  ???? 

Edited by Leaver