Is it necessary to get a 5th covid-19 vaccine dose ?

bondjames007

I believe the microRNA boosters have been shown to have most of their efficacy reduced after about 4 months. So, yes, get the 5th shot , particularly if the bivalent Moderna booster is available as it targets the omicron variants. 

• Haha 2

Next versions are targeting areas of the virus that do not change as rapidly as the spike and are common across all of the variants. This should allow for an annual approach or longer.

Researchers are looking at a similar approach for the influenza virus family. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wait until the new updated m-rna against Omikron is in Thailand. Bkk hospital has no arrival date so far. I guess next year.

For all other vaccines:

No 5th shot recommended according to Lancet.

Cant find the link, sorry.

T- cells protect you or might protect you longer than 6 months.

Antibodies in nose only max. 6 months but thats not so dangerous in case you catch it.

Severe complications very limited.

I protect myself with a mask when needed and wait for the new updated m-rna. 

I strech also to 10-12 months even I have  some risk factors.

• Like 1

I’m not getting anymore after 3x. I think I was exposed during the time I had the vaccine active in my system and my body had a chance to make its own defense while I was supported by the vaccine, so I don’t feel as vulnerable as when it first spread.

I got a flu shot though just to help with not possibly getting both Covid and flu at the same time.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I’m not getting anymore after 3x. I think I was exposed during the time I had the vaccine active in my system and my body had a chance to make its own defense while I was supported by the vaccine, so I don’t feel as vulnerable as when it first spread.

I am taking the same view and I believe my system's defences were strengthened by contracting the virus.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Just look up the stats for the thousands of excess deaths of young men who have been "vaccinated".

Why don't you just post them up here.

Thank goodness most of us are old men...........

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

No evidence of that.

But I appreciate your concern.

There’s no real evidence either way until studies are done.

There is some evidence of increasing death rates in multiple countries but nobody knows why. Some think it’s vaccine related, but it could be long Covid, or some other weird unknown factor we don’t know about.

China is locking the country down and nobody knows why. The policy is too extreme for the current situation. They may be privy to info that has not been released but was known through their lab research, like future mutations.

Edited by JimTripper

58 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

China is locking the country down and nobody knows why. The policy is too extreme for the current situation. They may be privy to info that has not been released but was known through their lab research, like future mutations.

It may be due to what they know is low level of immunity in their population. The vaccines they used are of (to be charitable) limited benefit even for the early strains and none of the current strains, and their tight control measures meant that not many people have had COVID itself yet.

By contrast in most of the world, the combination of (more effective) vaccination and natural infection has led to majority of the population having at least some cellular immunity.

Or perhaps it is just some bizarre political reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've had 4 jabs, the last in August. However, two weeks ago after a trip to Malaysia, my first trip outside of Thailand in almost 3 years, I tested positive for Covid, I assume one on the new variants prevalent in Singapore & Malaysia. It was over in a week but unpleasant for a couple of days. I assume I'm now pretty bullet proof for a while, though for how long?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stocky said:

I've had 4 jabs, the last in August. However, two weeks ago after a trip to Malaysia, my first trip outside of Thailand in almost 3 years, I tested positive for Covid, I assume one on the new variants prevalent in Singapore & Malaysia. It was over in a week but unpleasant for a couple of days. I assume I'm now pretty bullet proof for a while, though for how long?

We're in an identical situation so will be keen to understand also.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

You have no idea whether it will do any harm or not. I know people who have been seriously harmed.

Perhaps you would kindly post your medical qualifications, Sheryl has helped many members on this forum. OTOH, I can't recall any useful advice from you.

Having had 3 jabs, plus COVID, my thinking is to treat COVID like flu from now on. Yearly shots, and maintain physical fitness to give my immune system its best chance.

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

Just look up the stats for the thousands of excess deaths of young men who have been "vaccinated".

You have a credible link for that statement, or is it the usual social media BS posted by demented anti-vaxxers?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, papa al said:

I'm fat.

I'm old.

I had covid 2x.

Delta & omicron.

Not bad.  Mild & fleeting.

Should I rely on natural immunity,

or should I now risk the provisional vaccine.?

You can get tested for COVID antibodies at a pathology laboratory. IIRC, it cost me 500 baht.

I can't remember the unit of measure. I was told by a staff member if I had a count above 2500, I might be asked to donate blood to assist seriously ill COVID patients.

Perhaps Sheryl can comment on what antibody level would make further jabs unnecessary.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, garrya said:

What is an anti-vaxxer?

A person who doesn't want unreliable chemicals that were sourced without transparency? 

Excess death rate is crazy high and have never been seen like this before. 

Social media is exactly the opposite of what you say, such as allowing all kinds of claims in favour of these chemicals regardless of what "science" is behind it. 

An anti-vaxxer is a person who cherry-picks data, and is in denial of the facts, such as an unvaccinated person contracting COVID is 5 or 10 times more likely to occupy an ICU, or suffer the effects of long COVID.

Anti-vaxxers recoil from explaining why the multiple jabs they have had for polio, tetanus, Hep A etc. have not harmed them.

Social media is a haven for nut-jobs who can shriek their beliefs at maximum volume, and support the confirmation biases of one another, while calling sensible people sheeple. O the irony.

Vaccines work, gravity is real, global warming and climate change are facts. Fluoride prevents dental caries. Get used to it.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You can get tested for COVID antibodies at a pathology laboratory. IIRC, it cost me 500 baht.

I can't remember the unit of measure. I was told by a staff member if I had a count above 2500, I might be asked to donate blood to assist seriously ill COVID patients.

Perhaps Sheryl can comment on what antibody level would make further jabs unnecessary.

Found this one in Bangkok, could not find anywhere doing it in Pattaya cheaper

https://www.vejthani.com/packages-and-programs/2-in-1-covid-19-antibody-level-test/

Degruber - you refer to 2nd generation vaxes but although many are being researched, none are available yet.

I know of Scancell's 'Covidity' which has been trialed in RSA and results expected within a month. This is a DNA based vaccine with needless dosing (Pharmajet) the point being it addresses the nucleosid of the protein and mutates rarely but slowly - use as an annual booster is likely if it is approved.

Returning to topic, myself I've had 4, Pfizer3 and 50% Moderna. I'm not really thinking of a 5th BUT will assess it when I am next in the UK in May next.

I have been concerned in reading about excess deaths particularly in the under 40's. It looks worrying but I've made no conclusions.

So no 5th for me atm but that may change with circumstances, or the arrival of a 2nd Generation vax.

I was a provax n° one. Untill recently less than 2 months after a fourth dosis I got the disease. IMO they are ineffectieve. They were quickly put together by big Pharma serving them as cashcows. I'm sorry I am not sponsoring any longer big Pharma for their placebo's.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

An anti-vaxxer is a person who cherry-picks data, and is in denial of the facts, such as an unvaccinated person contracting COVID is 5 or 10 times more likely to occupy an ICU, or suffer the effects of long COVID.

Anti-vaxxers recoil from explaining why the multiple jabs they have had for polio, tetanus, Hep A etc. have not harmed them.

Social media is a haven for nut-jobs who can shriek their beliefs at maximum volume, and support the confirmation biases of one another, while calling sensible people sheeple. O the irony.

Vaccines work, gravity is real, global warming and climate change are facts. Fluoride prevents dental caries. Get used to it.

????

Sheep is sheep can't embellish it anyhow.

People believing in weird chemicals that aren't actually disclosed to the public transparently and sourced in a funny way is strange.

Gravity can't move clouds and apparently bends water. Fluoride does what? Hilarious claims. 

Social media has been brutally censored and if you don't see it, it's weird. 

Cherry pick data? That's exactly the non-peer reviewed convid facts that governments use to enforce ridiculous policies. 

Ask doctors how it all started. 

I'll help you, with an email telling them what their procedure is. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1