Thailand Immigration

Hello To All  ,    I have Been Married to an Thai National for some  10 years  now  and Living and working in the still in the USA .

We own  Small date palm farm and  land to build future House on in the next year  in Thailand .  Our plan is to relocate to Thailand and   build our house and continue running the date palm farm .  I will come to Thailand on an   Muti -Entry   Non - Immigrant  O

Marriage Visa  .  I know I will need to Renew Every 1 Year and  make  90  day  reporting to  Immigration .  My Question is  ?  

after a few years  my Thai Wife  would be considering coming back to Good ole U.S.A  for work  and I  wish to stay in Thailand 

Maintaining the Date Palm farm and our new House .  My question again is How do I stay in Thailand if she is away  , what are the 

requirements  ?      Regards  KDD

2 hours ago, KayDeeDee said:

Maintaining the Date Palm farm and our new House .  My question again is How do I stay in Thailand if she is away  , what are the 

requirements  ? 

2 million THB capitalization and a Business Visa - and not performing a business that is not allowed for foreigners - like agriculture.  Learn to code.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, connda said:

2 million THB capitalization and a Business Visa - and not performing a business that is not allowed for foreigners - like agriculture.  Learn to code.

Your wife would have to have a 10 year green card to work in the U.S. It took me 4 months to get one for her at the U.S. Embasy in bangkok. USCIS would not give her an initial two year card because we have not been married for two years before going to the U.S.

12 hours ago, connda said:

Sounds easy like that, but where would a beginner programmer find a job from Thailand? Remote IT work is only feasible for experienced engineer who bring their jobs with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, KayDeeDee said:

Thanks for the advice ,   Retirement Visa is too Expensive for me , I will stick with 

Marriage Visa 

I'm on marriage extension. 

My Thai wife is away working as a chef 9/10ths of the year....  B100,000 per month. 

She does NOT have to be living with you.

Just comes back to do the annual extension and home visit (mandatory in Pathum Thani).

Of course I do the 2hr flight to visit her on a regular basis. 

She has permanent Residence there so no financial requirements, medical virtually free, polite English speaking people,  no Immigration bs (I'm PR there too,) trains buses ferries etc run exactly on time, traffic obeys all the road rules etc etc .

As she says, "why would I work in crazy Bangkok for?)