Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, she uses an African name , wears African clothes , has an African hairstyle , wears an African flag and gets offended when asked where about in Africa is she from and makes accusations of racism .

Yep.

The reason being she explained she was British and was not believed. 

That is racism. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have the feeling that we haven't heard the last of Ngozi .

But at least we have hopefully heard the last of your gross misrepresentations on how the charity she works with operates. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Typo
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

I mentioned it as you made the claim. I very much doubt there were lots of people listening in. People get offended at the slightest thing these days.

I said there were witnesses according the what I had read. The palace admitted that Hussey was racist and they and her have apologised. That's the end of the story.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Link that then please. I can't find it.

Reread the thread. I will never link twice because I know the right wing will never read a link posted which doesn't confirm their biases. Other than that,do a google search. There is a link in this topic.

Try the 5th sentence in the OP. That;s an indication of how disingenuous you are. I'd say you are trolling.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Reread the thread. I will never link twice because I know the right wing will never read a link posted which doesn't confirm their biases. Other than that,do a google search. There is a link in this topic.

Try the 5th sentence in the OP. That;s an indication of how disingenuous you are. I'd say you are trolling.

I just asked for a bit of help that's all - I'm not rereading 31  pages - the only direct quote from the palace I can see in the BBC report is "the palace described the remarks as "unacceptable and deeply regrettable". That agrees with what I could find.

Although your unfriendly accusation of trolling has made me less full of seasonal cheer.....

....Merry Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

I just asked for a bit of help that's all - I'm not rereading 31  pages - the only direct quote from the palace I can see in the BBC report is "the palace described the remarks as "unacceptable and deeply regrettable". That agrees with what I could find.

Although your unfriendly accusation of trolling has made me less full of seasonal cheer.....

....Merry Christmas.

You only had to read the link posted in the OP. That goes to my observation that those on the right never read links outside the echo chamber. You said you couldn't find it. That implies that you tried which is manifestly not the case. Man up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You only had to read the link posted in the OP. That goes to my observation that those on the right never read links outside the echo chamber. You said you couldn't find it. That implies that you tried which is manifestly not the case. Man up.

And you accused me of trolling! 

• Like 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Yes. You claimed you couldn't find the quote and asked me to post it. It was staring you in the face but you didn't look. How is that not trolling?

The OP has one link into the BBC report, which itself contains other links.

I had been searching externally to this AN site for any verification and a formal statement from Buckingham Palace. That's it,

• Like 1

Just now, nauseus said:

The OP has one link into the BBC report, which itself contains other links.

I had been searching externally to this AN site for any verification and a formal statement from Buckingham Palace. That's it,

You didn't need to follow other links. The link to the BBC article in the OP was sufficient. You didn't read it. Why not?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BobBKK said:

No they didn't you are making it up again - 5th sentence is a general comment on society which all of us agree with. Hussey was thrown to the wolves to satisfy a minority. And before you snap back I am not a Royalist or right wing. 

The palace explicitly condemned racism in a statement about Hussey's questions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

The palace explicitly condemned racism in a statement about Hussey's questions.

Of course but you are splitting hairs - they said "we condemn all racism"  they are not going to say "we like racism" are they? The woman was dressed in African costume and assumed an African name (not her real name) I think most people would say "where do you come from" obviously her family are not from England originally and she chose to make a political point and crucify the old lady who innocently asked. I have a foreign sounding name and get asked a lot about the same thing.  I do NOT take offence as I do not take offence when Thais call me Farang. The world is over sensitive anent a minority next thing you know they will be condemning Clarkson for making a joke using a Game of Thrones scene... oh wait.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

Of course but you are splitting hairs - they said "we condemn all racism"  they are not going to say "we like racism" are they? The woman was dressed in African costume and assumed an African name (not her real name) I think most people would say "where do you come from" obviously her family are not from England originally and she chose to make a political point and crucify the old lady who innocently asked. I have a foreign sounding name and get asked a lot about the same thing.  I do NOT take offence as I do not take offence when Thais call me Farang. The world is over sensitive anent a minority next thing you know they will be condemning Clarkson for making a joke using a Game of Thrones scene... oh wait.

Their apology was not general. They were not "shooting the breeze". They were discussing Hussey, not racism in general.

Dressing in African costume is not a hanging offence. Ngozi was representing her charity in her official capacity.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 1:46 PM, BobBKK said:

You are the one splitting hairs. You're torturing the English language pretending that an official palace statement about nothing other than Hussey's comments and condemning racism isn't about her. What a joke. Nobody will buy that.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You are the one splitting hairs. You're torturing the English language pretending that an official palace statement about nothing other than Hussey's comments and condemning racism isn't about her. What a joke. Nobody will buy that.

You are the joke. They were discussing the incident, yes, and condemned racism in broad terms. It's a rather clever press release the nuances of which have passed you by obviously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

You are the joke. They were discussing the incident, yes, and condemned racism in broad terms. It's a rather clever press release the nuances of which have passed you by obviously.

You have not posted a shred of evidence to indicate that the palace was doing anything other than responding to Hussey's questioning of Ngozi. They weren't rambling off topic. Again, the palace's statement was about nothing other than Hussey's statement.