Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

Good to see there are still some out there that still bow down and doff their caps to the "palace" and rely on their superior royal bloodlines rather than attempting to form an opinion of their own.    I'd rather just use one of those old fangled dictionaries to understand the meaning of words then checking to see what the palace thinks, but each to their own.  

Did you somehow imagine that I didn't form my own opinion? The conversation was clearly racist, I'm just pointing out that the palace confirmed it.

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually, I can think of quite a lot that would have been WORSE than "no, where are you really from?"

Agree completely that the UK is multicultural. So why is a person who is clearly proud of their cultural heritage, to the point of dressing in cultural garb, going so far out of her way to ignore it?  Had Fulani been dressed in standard 'western style' formal attire (skirt, black jacket over white blouse, etc) then I could see some logic in being taken aback by Hussey's questions. But she wasn't. She was inviting curiosity and then playing dumb. 

She said she was British, that should have ended that line of questioning. To continue to press the issue shows hussey did not accept the answer. That is offensive to many people and the question I referred to earlier was a racist one.

If hussey had accepted the fact the charity worker was British and asked specifically about the cultural roots of her dress style, that might have been a different issue.

She didn't though and here we are..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, the race baiters and agitators are attempting to turn the story into a racist abuse story , like Lady Hussey questioned a Black persons origins for no reason at all .

It was a meeting with various people from different parts of the World and it would be quite a normal thing to ask where people are from .

The question was asked numerous times because Ngozi didnt answer the first time 

The charity worker answered the question and then had doubt cast upon the answer. That is racism in action.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, James105 said:

There was no need for me to imagine that you didn't form your own opinion.   The conversion was not racist to anyone capable of reading the meaning of words in a dictionary, and just because an organisation bows down to those infected with the woke mind virus in a foolhardy attempt to appease the mob does not magically change the meaning of the word.  

Evidently, Prince William, through his spokesman, is illiterate according to you. Separate to that, the palace characterised her words as "unacceptable".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

There can be no debate or reasoning with those who seek validation through irascible, stunted, banal attrition. Race baiting, intellectual grifters who incessantly seek out protagonists and victims, to fuel their fire of blind partisanship and agenda based ideology. To bring forth no valid arguments other than visceral retort, yet convolute with feigned psuedo moralistic outrage, and brand any apposing or juxtaposed articulated viewpoint, no matter how reasonable, as rascist, aswell as the proponent by extension, becomes no more than a rather nauseating and dull merry-go-round, after a punch and judy show.

I find this anologous of the whole pertinence of the thread - an obviously contrived incident.

Honour, intellect and decorum are not to be bought - marionettes are.

To anally inculcate your unscrupulous group agenda based ideology to the Nth degree will be your nemesis.

aww, shucks...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pla Simon said:

There can be no debate or reasoning with those who seek validation through irascible, stunted, banal attrition. Race baiting, intellectual grifters who incessantly seek out protagonists and victims, to fuel their fire of blind partisanship and agenda based ideology. To bring forth no valid arguments other than visceral retort, yet convolute with feigned psuedo moralistic outrage, and brand any apposing or juxtaposed articulated viewpoint, no matter how reasonable, as rascist, aswell as the proponent by extension, becomes no more than a rather nauseating and dull merry-go-round, after a punch and judy show.

I find this anologous of the whole pertinence of the thread - an obviously contrived incident.

Honour, intellect and decorum are not to be bought - marionettes are.

To anally inculcate your unscrupulous group agenda based ideology to the Nth degree will be your nemesis.

I'd like to be able to say 'I couldn't have said it any better myself' but of course, I can't. It's all there and more - comprehensive and complete - an AN masterpiece, Bravo.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Older people tend to speak more directly and abruptly, especially to people from a lower social standing and young enough to be their daughter 

I mean to say, the temerity of these people! Oh for the good old days when the plebs knew their place.

8 minutes ago, RayC said:

I mean to say, the temerity of these people! Oh for the good old days when the plebs knew their place.

I would rather say, "oh for the good old days when we gave a little slack to people clearly in their dotage who inadvertently blurt out silly things".

The culture clearlly changed and left Lady H behind.  Strange example, but think about movies. Could "Blazing Saddles" or "Airplane" or "Slap Shot" possibly be made today?  I sometimes watch "reaction" videos on youtube and seeing younger people react to them is quite fascinating. The reviewers just can't get past the supposed racism or harsh language, just don't get the concept of absurd slapstick comedy at all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I would rather say, "oh for the good old days when we gave a little slack to people clearly in their dotage who inadvertently blurt out silly things".

The culture clearlly changed and left Lady H behind.  Strange example, but think about movies. Could "Blazing Saddles" or "Airplane" or "Slap Shot" possibly be made today?  I sometimes watch "reaction" videos on youtube and seeing younger people react to them is quite fascinating. The reviewers just can't get past the supposed racism or harsh language, just don't get the concept of absurd slapstick comedy at all. 

I can empathise with some of what you say, but my interpretation of this particular incident differs from yours.

Lady H is elderly but there is no indication that she has lost her faculties. Racist? Possibly. Aristocratic snob? Definitely, based on the published dialogue.

If this incident is anything to go by, she should have been removed from diplomatic circles long ago.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Good grief. 

Veteran Thai Visa  or BP readers might recall Dame Edith Compton, a lady from an era where we all knew our place. 

It appears she has had gender realignment surgery and re- emerged as a former professional wrestler, the esteemed Mick Macmanus.

• Haha 2

I am seeing Marlene (or Ngozi as she pretends to be called) is catching a lot of heat from the Black community as well now.

Given that she is from Barbados a lot of people don't like the fact she was dressed in African tribal gear. Cultural appropriation. Disowning her caribbean identity etc. 

It still makes me laugh she used a fake African name and 'proudly' dressed like someone from an African tribe (depsite being from the Caribbean), then got upset when someone thought she might originate from Africa ????

Still, she got what she wanted (destroying the career of a priviliged white woman) [insert golf clap].

• Like 1

Without prejudice, if one were to read through this thread, there is an obvious antagonistic clique, ostensibly for good, but hypocritacally directing incongruant vulgar demeanour, perjorative and supremacist mantra to ridiculous contradictive heights.

I'm trying to reconcile the proposition that given our locale, why those proponents projecting embodiment of a social justice ideologue, would choose to advocate vitriolic castigation of an 83 Year old Lady, thousands of miles away, in a situation unrelated to or witnessed by themselves, based on evidence no more substantive than pariah centric, politicised, spurious hearsay - rather than dealing with the blatant racism and flagrant social injustice on your doorstep ?

It seems untenable, and would rather serve to expose the character, agenda and affiliations af those perpetuating such a cowardly narrative.

If your heroic efforts were to prove fruitless here, then Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar are just a stones throw away.

If you want to stop racism, then it begins and ends with you, your proclivity and concession to slave nature, the resultant bias of which quantifies interaction with your own subjective reality, manifest.

26 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

Without prejudice, if one were to read through this thread, there is an obvious antagonistic clique, ostensibly for good, but hypocritacally directing incongruant vulgar demeanour, perjorative and supremacist mantra to ridiculous contradictive heights.

I'm trying to reconcile the proposition that given our locale, why those proponents projecting embodiment of a social justice ideologue, would choose to advocate vitriolic castigation of an 83 Year old Lady, thousands of miles away, in a situation unrelated to or witnessed by themselves, based on evidence no more substantive than pariah centric, politicised, spurious hearsay - rather than dealing with the blatant racism and flagrant social injustice on your doorstep ?

It seems untenable, and would rather serve to expose the character, agenda and affiliations af those perpetuating such a cowardly narrative.

If your heroic efforts were to prove fruitless here, then Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar are just a stones throw away.

If you want to stop racism, then it begins and ends with you, your proclivity and concession to slave nature, the resultant bias of which quantifies interaction with your own subjective reality, manifest.

Mmmm..."Much ado about nothing"..... 

Edited by couchpotato
  • Love It 2

41 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

Well living in Thailand I like having my slaves from Myanmar, Laos & Cambodia.

39 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If Marlene had told Lady Hussey her place  from the beginning , none of this would have happened 

The transcript suggests that Lady H was trying to put Marlene in what she perceived as her place!

What Lady H should have said/done.

Lady H: Where are you from?

Marlene: Hackney

Lady H: That's a very nice dress.

Alternatively, Lady H could have asked Marlene, any number of different questions e.g. How did you get here? What line of work are you in?

Or even: Lady H, sensing Marlene wasn't in a talkative mood, utilises her 60 years of diplomatic experience and moves on:

Lady H: Lovely to meet you. I hope that you enjoy the rest of the evening.

(Probably) none of this outcry would of then occurred.

Piece of p*"' this diplomacy lark.

Edited by RayC
Addition
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, RayC said:

The transcript suggests that Lady H was trying to put Marlene in what she perceived as her place!

What Lady H should have said/done.

Lady H: Where are you from?

Marlene: Hackney

Lady H: That's a very nice dress.

Alternatively, Lady H could have asked Marlene, any number of different questions e.g. How did you get here? What line of work are you in?

Or even: Lady H, sensing Marlene wasn't in a talkative mood, utilises her 60 years of diplomatic experience and moves on:

Lady H: Lovely to meet you. I hope that you enjoy the rest of the evening.

(Probably) none of this outcry would of then occurred.

Piece of p*"' this diplomacy lark.

You should join the UN?????

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, bannork said:

Veteran Thai Visa  or BP readers might recall Dame Edith Compton, a lady from an era where we all knew our place. 

It appears she has had gender realignment surgery and re- emerged as a former professional wrestler, the esteemed Mick Macmanus.

Just pointing out that its not acceptable these days to ridicule people over sex changes or gender reassignment and you really shouldn't be criticising Lady Hussey about what she said to Marlene if you are going to comment of other peoples gender reassignment surgery