Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

11 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I am not sure that anyone is vilifying her, however the transcription of the conversation is pretty shocking - by the sounds of it, this woman reeks of entitlement and privilege. I would imagine her feelings towards you and I are not significantly different to her feelings towards Ms Fulani. 

But as you say, she is 83; age doesn't prevent her from being an unpleasant person but it does make her increasingly irrelevant. 

Got to agree. She was hounding the poor woman for totally irrelevant information. You can add ignorance to the stench of "entitlement and privilege" but what on earth is an 83 year-old biddy supposed to be doing at these things anyway?

Oh...hold on. Is that me being ageist?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From a different angle 

The Palace has treated Lady Hussey cruelly

On the Lady Susan Hussey affair – is anyone else more horrified by the Palace’s behaviour than Lady Hussey’s?

Yes, it seems Lady Hussey was a tad blunt in her interaction with charity boss Ngozi Fulani.

But for the Palace to banish Lady Hussey almost instantly, despite the fact that she devoted her entire adult life to the institution, is far more callous. It’s cruel, in fact  Lady Hussey might have been clumsy in her chat with Ms Fulani, but give me clumsiness over cruelty any day

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-palace-has-treated-lady-hussey-cruelly/

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

From a different angle 

On the Lady Susan Hussey affair – is anyone else more horrified by the Palace’s behaviour than Lady Hussey’s?

Yes, it seems Lady Hussey was a tad blunt in her interaction with charity boss Ngozi Fulani.

But for the Palace to banish Lady Hussey almost instantly, despite the fact that she devoted her entire adult life to the institution, is far more callous. It’s cruel, in fact  Lady Hussey might have been clumsy in her chat with Ms Fulani, but give me clumsiness over cruelty any day

I guess being sequestered away from the real world for 60-od years does make one a bit "blunt" and "clumsy."

We need more cruelty. Henry VIII sort of cruelty. That'll get their attention.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I guess being sequestered away from the real world for 60-od years does make one a bit "blunt" and "clumsy."

Are you suggesting that Lady Hussey should have been beheaded ?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

From a different angle 

Written by Brendan O’Neil, his past comments on racism are worth revisiting in order to put this offering of his into context.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I am of the opinion that people should talk about their differences and discuss them , rather than firing people , banning them and deleting them and punishing them . 

Speak with Lady Hussey and point out that her comments appear to have been rude and abrupt and insensitive and that maybe in future  she could be a bit more understanding , rather than getting the pitchforks out and removing her from her position 

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am of the opinion that people should talk about their differences and discuss them , rather than firing people , banning them and deleting them and punishing them . 

Speak with Lady Hussey and point out that her comments appear to have been rude and abrupt and insensitive and that maybe in future  she could be a bit more understanding , rather than getting the pitchforks out and removing her from her position 

Who fired her?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

To be fair to Lady ..., she was in her 30s in the 70s, where this kind of thing was like it is today in Thailand with whities. 

Although I haven't heard of any "Whities" moving to Thailand permanently .

Are you aware of any..............................

23 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Ngozi is getting as much mileage out of this as She can , using words such as "interrogation" "Trapped" "Abused" "Violence" and that the whole of the UK in institionally racist and so is the Royal Family and everything needs to change 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63819482

Must be a terrible experience for you to have to listen to someone not prepared to be treated in such a manner. How dare she speak out on her experience of having her nationality questioned because of her ethnicity. 

58 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

To be fair to Lady ..., she was in her 30s in the 70s, where this kind of thing was like it is today in Thailand with whities. 

You can still get the CDs, brilliant. Always made Eddie look like a <deleted>.

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Not quite sure I read that conversation the same way you do.

I'm an American Hispanic man, and over the years I've been asked similar questions, but in a different way.

Q. You're hispanic?

A. Yep

Q. Where you from?

A. California

Q. Family from there?

A. Well parents Yes, Grandparents from Guadalajara.

Q. Oh cool, still got family there?

A. Yep

Thats how what I would consider a normal conversation inquiring about origins.

I work with a native American, and we had a similar conversation with a former co-worker, where she asked us both the straight out question, 'what are you'

My answer was "in your head your worst nightmare"

That’s because Latinos have a fantastic sense of humour my buddies in the Philippines were all from South/Central America,teaching Spanish to the locals at CIS/Cebu International School we used to have an absolute blast partying all over Cebu and Manila!

Incidentally first generation Africans also have a great sense of humour as I happen to be living with a bunch of them now,long story but they are all care workers from Nigeria and Zimbabwe.

Second or third generation,British born ones however are a very difficult kettle of fish as this whole sordid story of woke,political point-scoring has proven to be? ????

• Like 1

When two bad attitudes from two diametrically opposed cultures meet then this is the result?

The old biddy decided to try and bully the young,feisty woman who was having none of it and turned it to her advantage being more street smart and politically aware?

In short she went ghetto on Miss Daisy’s ass and this is the fallout we’re witnessing now!

There are many British citizens who face this type of racist behaviour on a regular basis because they do not conform to a preconceived perception of what a British citizen should look like. 

Preconceptions rooted in nothing but racism. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Written by Brendan O’Neil, his past comments on racism are worth revisiting in order to put this offering of his into context.

Brendan O’Neil?

And where the Hell is he from while we’re at it?

Sounds like the Ra to me?

Edited by Phnom Penh Trader

20 minutes ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

That’s because Latinos have a fantastic sense of humour my buddies in the Philippines were all from South/Central America,teaching Spanish to the locals at CIS/Cebu International School we used to have an absolute blast partying all over Cebu and Manila!

Incidentally first generation Africans also have a great sense of humour as I happen to be living with a bunch of them now,long story but they are all care workers from Nigeria and Zimbabwe.

Second or third generation,British born ones however are a very difficult kettle of fish as this whole sordid story of woke,political point-scoring has proven to be? ????

You forgot the Germans. They have no sense of humour. And while we're at it, the Dutch: each and every one of them is tight. The French? All arrogant. Italians? All lazy except my mate, Mario; he's alright.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RayC said:

You forgot the Germans. They have no sense of humour. And while we're at it, the Dutch: each and every one of them is tight. The French? All arrogant. Italians? All lazy except my mate, Mario; he's alright.

Are you sure that your Mate Mario is from Italy ?

He's probably from Albania 

Have you seen his passport ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RayC said:

You missed out the pot-smoking and Sangria-swilling (porro y porron) Spaniards btw?

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Did you read his article ? he mentions that himself in the article

I didn’t but I had obviously pre-empted him in my attempt at satire?

Upon reading the article it just makes me feel all the more sad,knowing that if Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II was still around she would have handled the whole thing impeccably?

A donation to the charity,an MBE from the honours list and an invitation to Buckingham Palace for tea and cakes to talk the matter through,with a suitably chastised Lady Hussey and Bob’s your mother’s brother!

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

British people don't tend to  have strong accents these days and people from the Caribbean often keep their local accents and EastEnders don't speak with a Cockney/London accent these days .

Actually , younger EastEnders/Londoners tend to have Caribbean accents , its the cool way to speak .

You're kidding, right?

Scousers, Geordies, Londoners, West Country, East England, Northern Ireland, Black Country, Yorkies, different types of Scottish brogue, Mancs to name a few. 

In London, I heard all of those accents and more in the past month or so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

You're kidding, right?

Scousers, Geordies, Londoners, West Country, East England, Northern Ireland, Black Country, Yorkies, different types of Scottish brogue, Mancs to name a few. 

In London, I heard all of those accents and more in the past month or so.

Cannot say I have heard those accents , although I have heard Persian, Polish, Romanian, Irish , Dubaian , Urdu, Punjabi , Nigerian  and Hindi accents recently  . 

12 minutes ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

You missed out the pot-smoking and Sangria-swilling (porro y porron) Spaniards btw?

Silly me

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Are you sure that your Mate Mario is from Italy ?

He's probably from Albania 

Have you seen his passport ?

Hadn't thought of that? Doesn't make any odds though, does it? They're all foreigners. Must be something wrong with them, eh?

• Thumbs Up 1