Red Bull case: Former senior prosecutor discharged from service

webfact

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Absolutely. I wonder how many of the 'anti-corruption' brigade use visa agents to bypass immigration requirements. Yet, they deny they are illegal immigrants, and go on about not wanting to leave money in the bank getting no interest, and have the nerve to criticize the country they are guests. 

How many of them moan about illegal immigrants in their countries?

I wonder how many have given money to a road cop.

I have one friend who is the ultimate Thai basher and pays immigration police directly, to save him a trip to Bangkok to get a letter for his visa extension. Total hypocrisy -  "corruption is the root of all evil, except when it benefits me". 

Are people really comparing 'killing someone while drunk, on cocaine and speeding’ to someone ‘using a visa agent’ ??? - thats some grade A1 apologist s#!t right there !!!... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are people really comparing 'killing someone while drunk, on cocaine and speeding’ to someone ‘using a visa agent’ ??? - thats some grade A1 apologist s#!t right there !!!... 

The point the person was making was that corruption is corruption, no matter the level. 

If you use an agent, of course you are going say that bypassing immigration requirements by paying $600 to a bent policeman is acceptable. In my opinion, this is just as bad as driving while drunk. Actually it a worse crime as it is premeditated. 

20 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

If not paying money up front, there must be Cronyism or Nepotism at play.

Not always, but many are corrupt. Those that are not have a slow road for advancement. Personal knowledge in this field I do have.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Because his family are one of the most influential in the land.

Some people can't grasp, or accept this. 

Grasped a long time ago. But without Dietrich Mateschitz, it would still be being sold as Kratin Deng in little brown bottles out of corner shops in, and consumed nowhere outside, Thailand. Sure, old Chaleo first concocted it, but the money only started rolling in when it was launched as Red Bull, an entirely Austrian rebranding and marketing undertaking. That family owes its wealth to that. They enjoy the fruits of it. But they live by their own laws,  unconcerned by the disgraceful behaviour of the scion of the family. They'll laugh in your face. What Russian oligarch could boast of such power? Yet this Thai family walk around without a care. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, that's why I asked, many here seem content that a billionaire should pay more compensation(millions of baht here) and get unfair treatment due to their wealth.

Are you actually trying to say he paid his way out so all should be forgiven?

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

The point the person was making was that corruption is corruption, no matter the level.

Yes of course but there are in fact levels & that is why a true justice system has levels of punishment

Some get a slap on the wrist/warning some get the death penalty

Look it is obvious you bought the T-shirt & your all in for Thailand great enjoy but

To try &  justify this kind of corruption is just a perfect example of how you yourself have been assimilated into accepting hit and run such as this

It is also why even the religion of Thailand has had such a upswing in bad deeds. Whether it be monks raping or taking drugs or worse. Recently a whole Wat has has no monks or abbot as all were arrested for failing drug tests.

Worse yet they were tested when snared in a drug trafficking ring. That likely meant they were also selling drugs

But hey TIT right?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-63792923

Not wrong? Why? because it is taught in the same way you have been now taught...This is Asia...yada yada yada

Sorry that is just BS  wrong is wrong

And the sad part is the moral fabric or what is left of it is now deteriorating faster than ever

Edited by mania

4 hours ago, smutcakes said:

He has certainly not been seen at F1 events for a few years since it last kicked off.

Its possible he has no interest at all in such events and possible his family would prefer that he's not spotted, especially at high profile events. 

It's also possible he comes into and out of Thailand regualarly by private jet and keeps a very low profile at the family house in Bkk.

And keep in mind there's 2 private airstrips just over the border in Cambodia where there's no documentation needed to land/take off, no passport checks etc., and I wouldn't be surprised if the cops pick him up and take him to his home in Bkk and reverse. Cost would not be a problem.

Bottom line - I believe he'll never be arrested. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If he had hit almost anyone other than a policeman his accident would have been discreetly taken care of. Somehow the "family" failed to influence officials before word got out to the press otherwise few people would know of it. The family got him out of the mess and country. 

I arrived in BKK on a flight from KTM and one of the Chalerm brothers was on the flight. He was wanted for an offense in Thailand at the time. The Immi boys gave him the VIP treatment. He was going to a hi-sco wedding.

Between now and the end of the Thai statutes of limitations, many Thais will be actively prosecuted - just not Vorayuth Yoovidhya who will have the red-carpet rolled out for him then day the the Thai statutes of limitations ends. 

22 minutes ago, d4dang said:

If he had hit almost anyone other than a policeman his accident would have been discreetly taken care of. Somehow the "family" failed to influence officials before word got out to the press otherwise few people would know of it. The family got him out of the mess and country. 

I arrived in BKK on a flight from KTM and one of the Chalerm brothers was on the flight. He was wanted for an offense in Thailand at the time. The Immi boys gave him the VIP treatment. He was going to a hi-sco wedding.

My Thai son worked as a barman at the very popular disco/club/pub strip near RAMA 9 (can't think of the name).

The owner of the venue where my son worked regularly briefed all staff to never go near any of the chalerm bothers or their minders, all of whom often flashed handguns and shoys had been fired. He told staff to isten to what they say and react quickly, never ask for money. If there's any confusion or displeasure or anger from the chalerms just all disappear out of the building as fast as you can. Don't worry about cash in the drawer, locking things, just run and someone call me (the owner) and I will call a sentior cop I know well.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/3/2022 at 1:41 PM, wombat said:

I love Thailand.

Because money, a willingness to do as requested plus connections makes you pretty much untouchable. This guy had already resigned, gets to keep his pension, just a formal rap across the knuckles and in to a comfortable retirement. Whilst Boss continues to be the playboy, regularly seen at high profile events around the world but never arrested. He can't return to Thailand until all the charges become statute barred. Is he bothered? Seems not.

• Like 1

They try to make it sound like he is being punished by being sacked with full pension after he had already resigned.  He got a big pay off and doesn't care. So did the people above him responsible for this fiasco. Thailand corruption - the fish has rotted from the head down. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 2:09 PM, scorecard said:

Its possible he has no interest at all in such events and possible his family would prefer that he's not spotted, especially at high profile events. 

It's also possible he comes into and out of Thailand regualarly by private jet and keeps a very low profile at the family house in Bkk.

And keep in mind there's 2 private airstrips just over the border in Cambodia where there's no documentation needed to land/take off, no passport checks etc., and I wouldn't be surprised if the cops pick him up and take him to his home in Bkk and reverse. Cost would not be a problem.

Bottom line - I believe he'll never be arrested. 

Previously yes i believe he has come back in and out but suspect given how sensitive it is now i think even the family would think its just not worth the potential heat. Sure he is holed up somewhere nice near a quiet town he can have friends come and go. 

In a country where the average salary is a fraction of that in the EU and USA, part of me understands the need by people to ensure their old age is comfortable. 

Corruption is a result of people feeling that they can get away with it. This guy was probably forced into assisting as the result of a refusal might have buggered up his retirement.

The country needs leaders who are willing to take difficult decisions without concern for their retirement. I don't see that anyone will say, "Damn the pension, i am going to jail this guy."