Red Bull case: Former senior prosecutor discharged from service

webfact

22 hours ago, webfact said:

A disciplinary probe was launched into the irregularities of the speed of the car and found there were grounds for a charge of tampering with evidence. 

So no jail time for those at the top, makes one feel like puking. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Initial reports showed that Boss had driven his luxury car at 177 kmph.

However, this was later revised to below 80 kmph. Because of this lower speed rating Nate Naksuk, former OAG director, dropped charges and then became the latest fall guy.

This is why Thailand cannot escape the inherent corruption that permeates Thailand

You put this case in front of grade school kids in any other country & ask if this minutia matters in light of their reluctance to just grab this POS Vorayuth

It would be so easy to bring him to justice. Don't believe it? Put a bounty on his head. He will be returned this week to Thailand by one of many capable bounty hunters

But no instead all this BS posturing use a scapegoat & yet not really as even he will not be prosecuted for his part in this cover up. Instead he will likely retire with a fat envelope for his willingness to take one for the team

This in general is a big reason many no longer live full time in this corrupt hole. Yes it was always bad but even worse/more blatant since last coup. We all (hopefully) grow up get wiser & take off the rose colored glasses

Edited by mania

36 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

So no jail time for those at the top, makes one feel like puking. 

I wonder whether any senior police or prosecutors feel any shame about this whole case/mess.

I doubt it, they probably see just lots of cash and nothing more.

At the other end of the chain I wonder if this puts off any wanna be cops (don't want to join a scaly corrupt force) or perhaps it makes it more attractive to join for many.

And that brings up the candidate test, I wonder if the well khown games to corrupt the test are still happening. But silly question, of course it still happens.

I wonder what Big Joke thinks about this?

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Spock said:

Perhaps you don't care about the innocent policeman dragged hundreds of meters to his death under the car. Having had a Thai mate recently serve 9 years in jail for a far lesser crime than this animal committed, I tend to react somewhat unfavourably to cases such as this in which the criminal escapes punishment due to systemic corruption that goes right to the top in Thai politics and judicial system. 'Judging it by Western standards is a non starter' ignores the fact that this is not about West versus East but rather morality and giving a damn about the plight of the little man versus the rich who never have to face the consequences of their actions. Some foreigners just throw away their moral compass once they have spent a few years living in Thailand. 

Hear Hear! ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, bradiston said:

I've never seen evidence of these "sightings".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4375556/Wanted-Red-Bull-heir-pictured-partying-hit-run.html

Below is one example that article shows even more F1 appearances

Vorayuth 'Boss' Yoovidhya, second left, whose grandfather co-founded energy drink company Red Bull, walks with his mother Daranee, second right, at the Formula 1 Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi on November 26, 2016

3EB0756600000578-4375556-Vorayuth_Boss_Yoovidhya_second_left_whose_grandfather_co_founded-a-11_1491237053803.jpg

Edited by mania
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He's been spotted at several F1 races, there are many photos of him at various races round the World.

He was also proven to be living openly in Bangkok and in and out of the country up until 2017 when they said they couldn't locate him since 2012.

Don't be a mug and don't believe a word they say mate. 

Ok, checked the link posted by another poster. Daily Mail. 18 photos, not all of him. 2 or 3 F1 appearances 6+ years ago and partying. Since when, seems he's gone to ground. I don't know what the Thai government's position is on this, or the RTP. Have they made any statements about why he's not been brought back to Thailand?

Edited by bradiston
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, JimGant said:

In fact, that corruption is so naked, as this episode represents, actually shows the other side of the coin, namely, a bribe can smooth over some bureaucratic road bumps, like certain Immigration requirements. And everyone can end happily: You get the extension you need; the agent gets a fat fee; and the Imm officer gets part of that fee, so that he's now getting paid what he should be -- and the Thai taxpayer is NOT funding that pay raise. What's so bad about this form of corruption......

Absolutely. I wonder how many of the 'anti-corruption' brigade use visa agents to bypass immigration requirements. Yet, they deny they are illegal immigrants, and go on about not wanting to leave money in the bank getting no interest, and have the nerve to criticize the country they are guests. 

How many of them moan about illegal immigrants in their countries?

I wonder how many have given money to a road cop.

I have one friend who is the ultimate Thai basher and pays immigration police directly, to save him a trip to Bangkok to get a letter for his visa extension. Total hypocrisy -  "corruption is the root of all evil, except when it benefits me". 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

Cannot beat a deal like this guy got.. Able to get millions ( I assume ) from Red Bull in the last 10 years.. And now gets to enjoy full retirement benefits.  Sign me up!

You do know that he would have had to pay a lot of money to secure his position in the first place?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

And that brings up the candidate test, I wonder if the well khown games to corrupt the test are still happening. But silly question, of course it still happens.

Of course they are, police pay for their positions. 

I'm surprised how many foreigners don't know that immigration police pay 1-5 million baht to secure their positions. Obviously a lot more for the top ones. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Denim said:

The frightening thing to consider is that everyone involved has had the best possible education , probably studied abroad ,  and has a university degree. Yet instead of being the top cream of society they are just a bunch of money grubbing scumbags. And they have the effrontary to look down their noses at an honest farmer from the Northeast.

Do you think a billionaire should be treated the same as a farmer?

I know of two cases -  one in Mahasarakham and one in Khon Kaen. Drunk farmers killed motorcyclists and both were ordered to give 50k baht compensation to avoid jail. 

Ever hear of Isarn farmer hounded by the foreign press?

13 hours ago, bradiston said:

"He is regularly seen around the world especially at Formula 1 events but appears untouchable and out of reach of the Thai police."

I've never seen evidence of these "sightings". And given the enormous publicity F1 attracts at every race, it would not seem an ideal place to show one's spotty mug. Maybe there should be a proper attempt at locating it. Private dicks might get the job done. Who's going to hire the shamus?

"He is regularly seen around the world especially at Formula 1 events........."

Yes, we keep hearing this, but where are the pics to prove it? Maybe Thai censorship at work here, but other countries should be exempt from that. But no pics - anywhere?

"Private dicks might get the job done. Who's going to hire the shamus?"

Now you should know that the RTP aren't going to allow that! That would be tantamount to them admitting they can't do their job and hence become "faceless"!!!

Edited by sambum

19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Absolutely. I wonder how many of the 'anti-corruption' brigade use visa agents to bypass immigration requirements. Yet, they deny they are illegal immigrants, and go on about not wanting to leave money in the bank getting no interest, and have the nerve to criticize the country they are guests. 

I have one friend who is the ultimate Thai basher and pays immigration police directly, to save him a trip to Bangkok to get a letter for his visa extension. Total hypocrisy -  "corruption is the root of all evil, except when it benefits me". 

So if nobody's fit to judge because of some degree of shared moral culpability in committing the same "crime", although "corruption" in itself I don't think is listed as a crime, anywhere in the world, then how are we to denounce it? Because we bend the rules, or you may say, break the law, in order to remain here, for the most part, peacefully and living in accordance with the law, hopefully of some benefit to those in whose country we have asked to stay, are we thereby prevented from commenting on a case such as this? But I agree, it is morally dubious. I don't usually turn to the Bible, but this came to mind:

Matthew 7, verse 1. One of the greatest speeches He ever made.

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=4407881#:~:text=7,be measured to you again.

" Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, sambum said:

"He is regularly seen around the world especially at Formula 1 events........."

Yes, we keep hearing this, but where are the pics to prove it? Maybe Thai censorship at work here, but other countries should be exempt from that. But no pics - anywhere?

"Private dicks might get the job done. Who's going to hire the shamus?"

Now you should know that the RTP aren't going to allow that! That would be tantamount to them admitting they can't do their job and hence become "faceless"!!!

I don't see how they could prevent it. A private prosecution? Why not, but who will take it up? A bounty hunter, where there's no bounty?

34 minutes ago, sambum said:

Possibly as outside Thailand nobody cares about him. Actually, inside Thailand not many care.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bradiston said:

So if nobody's fit to judge because of some degree of shared moral culpability in committing the same "crime", although "corruption" in itself I don't think is listed as a crime, anywhere in the world, then how are we to denounce it? Because we bend the rules, or you may say, break the law, in order to remain here, for the most part, peacefully and living in accordance with the law, hopefully of some benefit to those in whose country we have asked to stay, are we thereby prevented from commenting on a case such as this? But I agree, it is morally dubious. I don't usually turn to the Bible, but this came to mind:

Matthew 7, verse 1. One of the greatest speeches He ever made.

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=4407881#:~:text=7,be measured to you again.

" Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone......THUD.....555

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Ah yes, the moral maze so many of us foreigners find ourselves stumbling around in in Thailand. Which way to turn? Where's the exit? Times running out! Best pay up and have done. Moral?

• Like 1

Of course they are, police pay for their positions. 

I'm surprised how many foreigners don't know that immigration police pay 1-5 million baht to secure their positions. Obviously a lot more for the top ones. 

Not all do.....

ergo why I have an LTRWP 10 year Visa now...

I hate corruption regardless what country it is.

Murder is murder and it does not matter how much you pay to make it go away....it's still murder and you should do the time for your crime.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thumbs Up 1

Do you think a billionaire should be treated the same as a farmer?

Of course . Do you think a billionaire should be treated the same as a farmer ?

The law is the law and should be applied to everyone regardless of wealth. Sadly not the case here.

Ever hear of Isarn farmer hounded by the foreign press?

The foreign press is not doing the  hounding here. It is the Thai press.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Denim said:

Of course . Do you think a billionaire should be treated the same as a farmer ?

Yes, that's why I asked, many here seem content that a billionaire should pay more compensation(millions of baht here) and get unfair treatment due to their wealth.

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, that's why I asked, many here seem content that a billionaire should pay more compensation(millions of baht here) and get unfair treatment due to their wealth.

What I actually think is that for all their wealth , Boss and his family are none too bright.

Had he not made himself a fugitive from the law and faced the music he would likely have received a suspended sentence and had to pay a large amount of compensation to the victims family. Finished.

The road he has taken has surely been more expensive and has not kept the monkey off his back.

• Like 1