Dreaded Cambodia visa run

pomchop

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

No.  Another member said, "Thailand is easier than most to stay in if you meet one of the many visa criteria." 

I just asked for his advice to those under 50 years of age who wish to reside in Thailand, Elite Visa aside. 

If one comprehends what is meant by "if you meet one of the many visa criteria." one would understand it's not normally possible if one does not meet such criteria.

My advice, for what it's worth is to wait till one is 50. There is a whole planet full of places to visit in the meantime.

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

Who said anything about working?

I will clarify, how does a wealthy individual, who is self funded, with an income stream, and does not have to work, live in Thailand, if under 50 years of age? 

IMO they can't legally, though a couple of exceptions have been mentioned by other posters. Illegally, Up to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The issue is how are you self funded.  If its being a digital nomad with contracts outside of the country then you might qualify for a Smart Visa, or a LTR Visa if you can meet the requirements as a working from Thailand professional.

https://ltr.boi.go.th/

By saying 'other than' means there is an easy option but he wants to exclude that to try and muddy the waters. Safe to say there is the Elite Visa, plus a Marriage Extension as options. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

By saying 'other than' means there is an easy option but he wants to exclude that to try and muddy the waters. Safe to say there is the Elite Visa, plus a Marriage Extension as options. 

In other words he/she/it/they, as I will refer to that certain poster as, were doing nothing but trolling and baiting with the posts made.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/7/2022 at 9:47 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes. Done it myself. Back in the good old days when I got 90 days visa exempt.

The train journey was a scenic delight.

Yes it was, I went 5th Feb 2020 just as the pandemic started, when got off at PB the station was full of what looked like aliens in hazmat suits.

Think it was about 950 each way then but up to 1100 each way now so not a great deal in it overall. 

Price may well rise again when Bang Sue gets going.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I looked online at London embassy and still available, didn't look further indepth

Just wondering as Visa details are not on the Embassy websites like they used to be, which I believed was because it has all been shipped to some online facility. In the past many folks would have left Thailand for Penang or Savannakhet to try and get another Tourist Visa there, and carry on living in Thailand... Things were tightening up pre Covid though. Wonder if that is available now. 

On 12/9/2022 at 7:17 PM, Leaver said:

I'm interested in what advice you would give to a self funded foreigner who is under 50 years of age for living in Thailand, other than Elite Visa? 

There might some VIP options and there's always an Ed visa, and I'm not sure why you're excluding the Elite Visa as it's perfect for someone who can afford it.  Otherwise you'll have to wait until you're 50, married to a Thai or get a job here.  No country in the world allows unrestricted immigration to everyone!  My point is that Thailand has a lot more opportunities for visas than most countries.  Good luck.

On 12/9/2022 at 7:17 PM, Leaver said:

I'm interested in what advice you would give to a self funded foreigner who is under 50 years of age for living in Thailand, other than Elite Visa? 

I wouldn't want to look stupid in their eyes advising anything other than the Elite Visa since it is specifically designed for their situation. What on earth would you advise ?

On 12/14/2022 at 11:08 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Sounds much like the ones I did from the  Queen Victoria on Soi 6. We got fed after got back at the hotel ( included ) and no one tipped anyone except the waitress.

Had movie on a tv screen during the trip if one didn't want to look at the scenery.

Sorry, but it might have been breakfast before the trip that was included. Memory not that great and not sure now. I just know we got an included feed.

4 hours ago, parafareno said:

can somebody send me google adress where champion visa run is? Soi 13, where is that? Sukhumvit? Beach road?

Soi 13 runs from 2nd to Beach Rd, AA Hotel at Beach end....Lek Hotel at the other, facing Avenue McD. Not much on the Rd, The Sportsman of course, and some closed hotels. 

There are a lot more Visa shops on 13/2, (Soi Post Office) a couple of streets to the South.

Edited by jacko45k

On 12/9/2022 at 9:07 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

If one comprehends what is meant by "if you meet one of the many visa criteria." one would understand it's not normally possible if one does not meet such criteria.

My advice, for what it's worth is to wait till one is 50. There is a whole planet full of places to visit in the meantime.

That's my point. 

If one is under 50 years of age, the legitimate visas available are limited.  

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 9:11 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO they can't legally, though a couple of exceptions have been mentioned by other posters. Illegally, Up to you.

Yes, it can be done, but in most cases, it's not legit.  Sure, TiT, but if under 50, the legal options are limited. 

On 12/13/2022 at 1:47 AM, kinyara said:

I wouldn't want to look stupid in their eyes advising anything other than the Elite Visa since it is specifically designed for their situation. What on earth would you advise ?

I didn't advise anything.  I simply asked another member who posted how easy it was to reside in Thailand because Thailand has a visa for everyone, what visa would he advise for a single person who is under 50 year of age. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/4/2022 at 11:28 AM, Phnom Penh Trader said:

Phnom Penh is a very up and coming place these days believe me I prefer it to Thailand for many reasons not least the lack of xenophobia,English spoken everywhere and better restaurants due to Europeans and everyone else being allowed to operate businesses there no problem?

10 times more xenophobic than Thailand. Double pricing for foreigners everywhere. 

Edited by Hellfire

On 12/13/2022 at 3:42 PM, pomchop said:

OK...i just got back from doing the cambodia visa run today.

I bought the ticket from champion travel on soi 13/2.  They were very efficient and helpful.  There is a young german guy there (owner?) who speaks fluent english and thai & German & ?.  He quickly answered all my questions made the res gave me a proper ticket that included the drivers tel number etc.  Total cost was 3500..I was told be ready at 5 M

Another post from a few months ago mentioning & promoting a company. You ARE NOT allowed to mention any names of any companies on this forum. You are only allowed to mention the street name. Mods will delete your post and give you a stern warning via PM, just like they did for me a week ago. You can only "Share information but NO NAMES"

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Another post from a few months ago mentioning & promoting a company. You ARE NOT allowed to mention any names of any companies on this forum. You are only allowed to mention the street name. Mods will delete your post and give you a stern warning via PM, just like they did for me a week ago. You can only "Share information but NO NAMES"

Various companies get mentioned and promoted here all the time, very much so where bars and visa companies are concerned. It really is a useful part of what the forum is about. Let the Mods and rules dictate this but it would be lacking if we could not come here and ask questions and be censored in such a way.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Various companies get mentioned and promoted here all the time, very much so where bars and visa companies are concerned. It really is a useful part of what the forum is about. Let the Mods and rules dictate this but it would be lacking if we could not come here and ask questions and be censored in such a way.

Well, my post asking questions mentioned a certain visa run company and it got censored (meaning deleted) by the Mods together with a warning email to  "Share information but NO NAMES"

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Well, my post asking questions mentioned a certain visa run company and it got censored (meaning deleted) by the Mods together with a warning email to  "Share information but NO NAMES"

This forum has become a pretty sad state, you can't mention any company names unless the company in question is paying to be promoted on this forum.

I asked about a specific travel company and office that appears to have closed. I was wondering about their whereabouts and if they still existed, as they  provided excellent service for visa runs to Cambodia, and I had used them several times in the past,  they used to be close to the beach entry in Soi Post Office, the post was deleted asserting it was "off topic".

Edited by Sid Bream
correction
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sid Bream said:

I asked about a specific travel company and office that appears to have closed. I was wondering about their whereabouts and if they still existed, as they  provided excellent service for visa runs to Cambodia, and I had used them several times in the past,  they used to be close to the beach entry in Soi Post Office, the post was deleted asserting it was "off topic".

The problem seems that you are mentioning the company name yet again, which is not allowed. As I commented previously, seems the mods only allow you to mention the soi it is in, as per the PM warning I got for mentioning a company name in another thread, we are only allowed to   "Share information but NO NAMES"

Edited by bbi1