Dreaded Cambodia visa run

pomchop

Does anyone have any recent experience with the cambodia visa run trips from pattaya for usa citizen.  I see several companies with prices varying from around 2.5 k to 5.5 k baht but don't know why such price variance.

Do any of them use a big bus or all in minivans?

Any recent experiences or recommendations/details  of companies welcome.

thank you

Just now, pomchop said:

just need to extend another 45 days....have not done once since pre covid....not a big van of the van ride or wasted day.

yes already did 30 day extension at immigration...now have to leave country thus my question.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

Why don’t you just fly to Phnom Penh and stay for a night or two,make a nice holiday out of it I can give you great hotel and restaurant recommendations in BKK1 the best area?

been there done that before just want to get 45 days quickest way with least hassle...phnom penh not my favorite place....

33 minutes ago, pomchop said:

so back to the question...anyone done the pattaya to cambodia visa run lately and have any recommendations as to company/costs/etc...

i am not interested in going to cambodia for a holiday or a beer etc.

Lowest I've seen quoted is 4,500 baht to Ban Pakkad, up from 2,300 pre covid, some rip off going on, anyway, go to Maneerat on Soi post office 13\2 off 2nd road\beach road 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What did they say when you asked them?

said sometimes depend on numbers...couldn't get straight answer and some don't answer phones at all....which is why i asked on here if anyone had any recent first hand experience...

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Lowest I've seen quoted is 4,500 baht to Ban Pakkad, up from 2,300 pre covid, some rip off going on, anyway, go to Maneerat on Soi post office 13\2 off 2nd road\beach road 

Maneerat has a sign saying 2300 for Cambodia border run. Hope that's his current price and hasn't just left the old sign

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Maneerat has a sign saying 2300 for Cambodia border run. Hope that's his current price and hasn't just left the old sign

thanks i will go over and ask them ....the one that is near jomtiem immigration wants 5500 thb....one off of soi buahkhaow says 4100 thb....so 2300 would be a deal....

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I bet 10 baht they've just left the old sign up Thai style, reports that someone went in there a few weeks ago and it was 4,500

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pomchop said:

been there done that before just want to get 45 days quickest way with least hassle...phnom penh not my favorite place....

Cheapest flight to Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia, return. 

Free visa exemption stamp on arrival in Malaysia.  Have breakfast / lunch /dinner in the airport, and return. 

Probably your safest option also. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2022 at 1:19 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Maneerat says they no longer do cambodia visa runs at all.

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strange, someone on here or facebook reported it started again, maybe they meant somewhere else

thanks...here's what they sent me on FB   

do you run a cambodia visa trip from pattaya? if so what dates, cost and what is included...usa citizen

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strange, someone on here or facebook reported it started again, maybe they meant somewhere else

In Nov 2022   I asked Maneerat twice, by phone and also stopped by their office around SOi 13/2.   

Both times  they said no.   Don't have this service now. 

• Like 1

I went just days ago.   This was my first experience. 

Driver came to my residence at 5 am.   Back home at 5 pm.   One snack/toilet stop each way.   

It was on a 10-passenger mini-van,   not bad overall.   

Was taken to Ban Laem border.   Procedure at the border was rather smooth.  But there were a bit of line-up for the immigration-PP control windows. 

I think they insisted leaving early with good reason.   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, sscc said:

In Nov 2022   I asked Maneerat twice, by phone and also stopped by their office around SOi 13/2.   

Both times  they said no.   Don't have this service now. 

Shame, the guy who ran it had 4+ buses, very well organised, must have gone belly up during covid

Just now, sscc said:

Driver came to my residence at 5 am.   Back home at 5 pm.   One snack/toilet stop each way.   

Was taken to Ban Laem border.   Procedure at the border was rather smooth.  But there were a bit of line-up for the immigration-PP control windows. 

Total cost?

1 hour ago, sscc said:

name of company? cost?

On 12/4/2022 at 1:19 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I paid 1,900 for a cambodia visa run for many a year before I turned 50....The price stayed at 1,900 for the whole 10 years I was doing visa runs....