Revolut, maybe potential for Wise issue

Indeed I am with Kasikorn here in Thailand, (Krungsri too) - but no free tractor servicing. They're both perfectly acceptable banks with good online banking. They're used for general living expenses and visa extension requirements. Otherwise money is held in Singapore and the UK.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Those land-based banks just love charging excessive fees and applying wide spreads on all currencies. WISE and XE would not exist if it was not for those facts.

Ok, but if everything works so good and is so safe, just use it. I just pay a couple of more for the best and the safest option. Laughing at everyone that tries to make a buck. If I needed to do that, I wouldn´t have moved to Thailand. 

6 hours ago, Stocky said:

You can also get defrauded from a 'landbased' bank too, always best to not to have all your eggs in one basket, I use both conventional and online banks.

Can´t recall I said that I use one bank. Did you read that somewhere? I use real banks, that are land based and offer services online.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2022 at 7:37 PM, KhunBENQ said:

How much more stupid can a person act and then expect that a bank or fintech to compensate.

Hmm. My US debit card is protected against fraud and twice they refunded my money immediately when the debit card was stolen and somebody charged my card buying gold in Thailand. That's the reason I only carry US credit cards and two debit cards. 

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Indeed I am with Kasikorn here in Thailand, (Krungsri too) - but no free tractor servicing. They're both perfectly acceptable banks with good online banking. They're used for general living expenses and visa extension requirements. Otherwise money is held in Singapore and the UK.

So what are the limits for their compensation scheme due to fraudulent activities,you seem to have missed out answering that part of my question for some strange and unknown reason? ????

14 hours ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

So what are the limits for their compensation scheme due to fraudulent activities,you seem to have missed out answering that part of my question for some strange and unknown reason? ????

The Thai government guarantee on bank deposits is up to Bht1m. Bank reimbursement for online fraud is on a case by case basis.