Tesla Aims for December Launch in Thailand

snoop1130

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Performance wise they are sub par.

Tesla Model 3 0-60 3.1 seconds.

Good Cat Ora around 9 seconds.

What a ridiculous comparison.  The Good Cat is a city run around and is half the price of the Tesla.  And anyway, the base Model 3 does 0-60 in 6.1 seconds.

If you want 3.3 seconds you need the Performance model which is 2.3m baht, or three times the price of the Good Cat.

Seriously, how can you make such a ridiculous comparison???

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

3.1 Sec is performance M3.

Why pay that premium price when you can get the BYD Atto 3 to get 0-100 in 7.3s.

9 hours ago, clokwise said:

If I could drive off the lot in a new Ora Cat today, I'd have bought one already. But since it's still a 4~6 month wait, I'll just sit tight and see what 2023 delivers. There definitely won't ever be a new Tesla in my driveway though.

Go with the BYD Atto 3. It is a close competitor to Tesla Model 3 and much cheaper.

Wrap.jpg

15 hours ago, Puccini said:

What we need now is a dense net of fast-charging EV chargers. I thought PTT was getting into that business, but other than one news article some months ago I have read nothing more about it. Recently, I read that the electricity company had some plans, but the information was rather vague.

Most EV owners charge at home and only use public charger on long trips.

10 hours ago, clokwise said:

I was a fan of Tesla up until Elon recently went off the rails. Now I can't wait to see him, and Tesla, fail. Teslas certainly have some impressive technology, but their assembly process is still pretty shabby, with endless complaints online about panel gaps etc.

Regardless, the Chinese are gearing up to not only destroy Tesla, but also the Korean and Japanese automakers, in nearly all non-US markets. Chinese cars have made tremendous strides in the past 10 years, from literal death traps, to world-class EVs. Toyota and Mazda are still stuck in the past with petrol and hybrid cars that almost no one will want in just a few short years.

If I could drive off the lot in a new Ora Cat today, I'd have bought one already. But since it's still a 4~6 month wait, I'll just sit tight and see what 2023 delivers. There definitely won't ever be a new Tesla in my driveway though.

It's an american car. Nuf said. next.

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:
9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What makes you say that comparable Chinese-made EVs are "sub par"?  Anything empirical?

Ah, that's all?  For a moment I thought that you were implying that the quality was sub par.

One car being slower then another doesn't make it "sub par" when they're not comparable vehicles and not being aimed at the same demographics.  

• Like 1