Old men drinking a beer at breakfast time in bars along beach road pattaya.

jack71

49 minutes ago, bendejo said:

There are guys in the US who put a shot of brandy in their morning coffee.

Thai wagon drivers often stop at a roadside Mom and Pop shop for a slug of white whisky in the early mornings and they are driving 16 wheeled, 15 tonne vehicles and above!

What about all  those drinking in airport lounges at all times of the day or on the planes, with the excuse being ' My holiday has begun '  or it's ' 5.30pm somewhere in the world '

There are others that prefer the mornings and early afternoon drinking as they don't like or feel afraid of being out at night time when they are getting older, you can't blame them, with some of the horror stories we hear and see in Thailand and what happens in the small hours.

You can go in Wetherspoons pub any day of the week in the UK, and see plenty of tables full with older guys drinking beer at 9am. Some are retirees, some are bums, some are alcoholics.

In Germany and Austria and the Netherlands etc, its also a common sight.

To the OP, you shouldn't be so judgemental, the old guy might be lonely, bored in his room or condo or may just like morning drinking.

Either way, he's not hurting you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jack71 said:

What time do you have your first one. Are you in control of your habit?

My book says that time is only important when you also consider the time you have your last one.  The first 3 weeks I was 12 hours off with my biological body clock, a beer tasted pretty good at 8AM and not good at all around 8PM.

I don't concern myself with what other people do. Their life, their decisions.

I am now down to one glass of wine and one Sangsom and diet Coke once a week. My life, my decision.

I've seen a couple of alcoholics die when I lived in Chiang Mai, and it was far from peaceful.

• Like 1

We are back to routines, self-respect, discipline and motivation for a healthy and happy life. The way I see it, alchohol is one of the things in life I restrict on same level as nicotine, sugar, candy, chocolate and junk food.

However if he drink his weekly 8 o'clock beer and happy, it is different than if he start his day with a beer every day. I believe most see the difference. 

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't concern myself with what other people do. Their life, their decisions.

I am now down to one glass of wine and one Sangsom and diet Coke once a week. My life, my decision.

I've seen a couple of alcoholics die when I lived in Chiang Mai, and it was far from peaceful.

Try a dolce gusto toffee nut latte with a large sangson in it like a angel crying on your tongue, 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I have always wanted to have a beer at breakfast. Will try that one day, but not every day. ????

I tried it once. Absolutely ruined my day, never did it again. You can take my word for it or try it yourself, maybe it will work for you.

Read my reply OP. Let it sink in.

• Confused 1

It is by no means unusual for people from some European countries to have a beer at breakfast time. I've often seen it at German train stations when travelling, for example. And in London there are pubs open in the City for those on their way to the office. Not my thing, but ......

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It is by no means unusual for people from some European countries to have a beer at breakfast time. I've often seen it at German train stations when travelling, for example. And in London there are pubs open in the City for those on their way to the office. Not my thing, but ......

Going travelling, is something different than on your way to work ???? 

• Like 1

I don't begrudge anybody having a beer at any time of the day or night. 

But what is it with the dudes who buy a beer at 6am from the 7/11 and drink it sitting on the steps, wearing short-shorts with no underwear, and their tackle poking out?

Side Note - who's responsible for the Scandinavians and Russians not getting the memo circa 1985 that short-shorts and budgie smugglers (Speedos) ceased to be de riguer unless you were running a marathon or swimming in the Olympics?

• Haha 2

Maybe you need to change your habit of using the word pom . Your not in Australia now .

I remember there was a bar in the city of Melbourne that opened at 6.30 am , so what is your surprise at seeing people drinking in the early morning in Thailand .

• Like 2

This is quite interesting.  Beer for breakfast!!  It seems a bit strange to me..  I guess I was raised in a very old fashioned manner.  I've always thought that tequila or mescal were the only acceptable "breakfast alternatives"

????

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor!

• Haha 1