Old men drinking a beer at breakfast time in bars along beach road pattaya.

jack71

23 minutes ago, PeachCH said:

I don't drink alcohol, except a glass of wine for dinner. But when other people are choosing to drink heavily, it's not my business, up to them. 

I don't drink alcohol too, except some beers in the evening ???????????? And I drink it pretty quickly because the taste of beer here is unbearable. I'm always glad when none of that nasty beer sits in the fridge overnight so I can start a clean new day the next morning.

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

Going travelling, is something different than on your way to work ???? 

I used to do some work in a Bavarian factory in the late '80s.  They had beer with breakfast in their cafeteria, liquid brot I was told.   So, not on the way to but at work.

2 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:
11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Worry about yourself, geezer, not them, their condition is none of your business.

Much like what other people worry about is none of your business.

...unless your view is posted on a public forum, as yours was, then it is everyone's business!   The drinkers were minding their own business having a beer.

10 hours ago, NickyLouie said:
11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Worry about yourself, geezer, not them, their condition is none of your business.

It's appalling to see these old geezers who are so bent out of shape from their lack of basic self respect. 

What's even more "appalling" is that you seem to think that it is somehow your business what an old man's condition, about whom you know bu_gger-all, appears to be.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

21 minutes ago, persimmon said:

A sad spectacle indeed , these old blokes look like their only interest is drinking themselves to death . Well , each to their own , but doing it in public creates a bad impression for all us foreigners .

In Soi Buakhao you can see many sitting there and drinking very early. Often the same faces every day. Then I always ask myself what they do in the evening. Sleeping because they are already drunk or starting a new drinking session?!

3 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:
13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...unless your view is posted on a public forum, as yours was, then it is everyone's business!   The drinkers were minding their own business having a beer.

I think you're confused. I'm not the OP.

I'm not confused, I didn't say that you were the OP, I was replying to your post in which you said that something posted on a public forum, i.e. this thread, was none of my business...

"Much like what other people worry about is none of your business".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

12 hours ago, jack71 said:

What time do you have your first one. Are you in control of your habit?

Firstly, how old are you? I'd bet my bottom baht you are over 50. 

I haven't drank for 20 years but when I was young used to drink 2 large bottles of Thai whisky a day. 

Live and Let Live

41 minutes ago, persimmon said:

A sad spectacle indeed , these old blokes look like their only interest is drinking themselves to death . Well , each to their own , but doing it in public creates a bad impression for all us foreigners .

If they are in that area, obviously they are sex pests. They could drink in much cheaper areas. 

44 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Much like what other people worry about is none of your business.

Wait, what?

So what he worries about, about what other people worry about, shouldn't worrying about what he worries about what other people worry about be none of your business as well?

Edited by cdemundo

25 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Only alcoholic alternative at breakfast time = Champagne.

I remember a hotel in Germany where they acutally offered it as part of the buffet.

Lots of hotel Sunday breakfast buffets offer alcoholic refreshments.

It's what separates us from the animals.

11 hours ago, NickyLouie said:

Smoking cigarettes also, the condition some of these old geezers are in is appalling. 

I doubt they are complaining about your condition and person habits so why belittle them? Geezer sounds a tad rude. Just call them elderly gentlemen and be more respectful.

13 hours ago, jack71 said:

He ordered a full English breakfast but didnt drink the hot tea included. 

Back in the UK before I retired here I would wake at 2am.. go out with friends deer culling.

Come back at dawn, gut & skin them out then cook a huge full English breakfast [including black pudding] washed down with lashings of Cider to cut through the grease.. that would set you up for the day ahead.

Still going strong now

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Frühschoppen (pronounced [fʁyːʃɔpən], meaning: an alcoholic drink before midday in company) is the German and Austrian tradition of meeting up at a pub, inn or tavern in the late morning, usually on Sundays. The specific customs vary from region to region. Frühschoppen is often a kind of brunch, but does not necessarily involve food. Frühschoppen is also often held at fun fairs, the most famous being Oktoberfest or Cannstatter Volksfest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frühschoppen

photo-17.jpg

Used to be a panel discussion show on German TV and radio years ago called Frühschoppen. A group of journalists would discuss issues of the day. I think they were served drinks during the discussion.