Old men drinking a beer at breakfast time in bars along beach road pattaya.

jack71

15 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I don't concern myself with what other people do. Their life, their decisions.

I am now down to one glass of wine and one Sangsom and diet Coke once a week. My life, my decision.

I've seen a couple of alcoholics die when I lived in Chiang Mai, and it was far from peaceful.

why was it not peaceful. Please share this experience with us

1 minute ago, jack71 said:

why was it not peaceful. Please share this experience with us

One fell down stairs in the condo and broke his hip. Carted off to hospital, had the DT's drying out, died in hospital in a lot of pain because the painkillers for the broken hip were ineffective.

The other guy had been such a heavy drinker when he was younger he was told one more drink would kill him. Had chronic fatigue syndrome for years, the last three months he was defecating blood. Finished up committing suicide after going back to New Zealand.

Alcohol destroys the liver, portal shunts are usually the last resort. 20% of patients die within 90 days of having the operation, which is not a great testament to its effectiveness.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sezze said:

Why do you bother ? Is it your business ? I do not live there but i know a person back here also saying the same and i told him before why ? But it is morning ... i say morning for you perhaps (i work shifts) . Prob the old man isn't working nightshiftrs but again , who are you to decide on others peoples lives. If he gives troubles and comes in drunk everyday , ok . If that isn't the case , and he is just enjoying a drink in the (your) morning , why do you bother ? People always assume their daily routine is like others ... but it isn't and i can tell after 32y of full continuous shift work that it certainly isn't . Some people are night people , others are morning ( most and that is how all society works but it aint the thing for everybody) , others switch from day to day . That is just talking daily routine / sleeping patterns not even talking about drinking , which can even be much more different . Maybe that old person just enjoys 1 drink in morning breakfast and after he doesn't drink alcohol for all day . So many people , so many options , you are not the reference .

Spot on. I'm a night owl myself and drink coffee in the early morning hours before bed. We all have our own schedules.

It's a good thing Jack didn't spot me drinking coffee at 2 am - he might have freaked out LOL. I do online trading till about 5 am, so that's a good time for coffee, but poor Jack thinks that everyone wakes up at 6 am and goes to bed at 10 pm.

You can drink beer any time of the day or night. Those old guys he spotted along the beach are cool. Young guys waking up at 6 am and going for early morning jogs - now that's weird in Pattaya. You can do that sh*t back at home.,

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That's a great joke , I even recall first hearing it about 30 years ago on television .

I think it was the late,great Bob Monkhouse a very funny man :

”They all laughed at me when I said I was going to be a comedian,well they’re not laughing now!”

Edited by Khmer Surin
Damn Apple self-punctuation!
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 12/6/2022 at 11:06 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Worry about yourself, geezer, not them, their condition is none of your business.

There is nothing in itself unusual about an alcoholic drink in the morning.French workmen traditionally enjoyed a small glass of red wine in the morning.

The depressing aspect about Pattaya (I dare say the scene is repeated in other parts of Thailand where tedious old farang gather) is the combination of inane conversation, obesity, smoking, repulsive tattoos, ugly "girlfriends", horrible accents, limited education and racist invective.It makes the task of those trying to project Pattaya as an upmarket destination (often burdened with gor blimey vowel sounds themselves) as rather challenging

31 minutes ago, jayboy said:

There is nothing in itself unusual about an alcoholic drink in the morning.French workmen traditionally enjoyed a small glass of red wine in the morning.

The depressing aspect about Pattaya (I dare say the scene is repeated in other parts of Thailand where tedious old farang gather) is the combination of inane conversation, obesity, smoking, repulsive tattoos, ugly "girlfriends", horrible accents, limited education and racist invective.It makes the task of those trying to project Pattaya as an upmarket destination (often burdened with gor blimey vowel sounds themselves) as rather challenging

You are not prone to stereotyping are you?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jayboy said:

Why are you addressing that dreary, condescending, haughty garbage to me?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Up to you.

I was retired and had plenty to do, even when living in an hotel. Certainly never thought spending my time getting boozed was good thing to do.

16 hours of every day 24/7/365 is a helluva lot of time to find 'things to do'. Things worth watching on the TV are very hard to come by. It's very easy for a few drinks a few days a week to turn into going down the bar every day and getting sloshed, it can be like a 'slippery-slope'.

That was my experience in Thailand. I now live and work back in the UK. I wasn't old enough or had enough money/pension to remain in Thailand indefinitely when I was 53 y o. That was just my experience of it.

Shocked by geezers drinking in the morning in PATTAYA. Any idea what they may have been getting up to all night? Go check a business class lounge in any international airport in the region you will see many successful looking business travelers applying themselves quite energetically to the free-flow booze without any concern for what random people think of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Shocked by geezers drinking in the morning in PATTAYA. Any idea what they may have been getting up to all night? Go check a business class lounge in any international airport in the region you will see many successful looking business travelers applying themselves quite energetically to the free-flow booze without any concern for what random people think of them.

So - these guys are waiting for their flight? :drunk:---????????????

• Haha 1

There are a lot of alcoholics in Pattaya. Also, sex addicts and people who spend uncontrollably. Self-control and health is not high on the list of priorities.

It can look and feel weird if you used to being in a normal city where people are working and raising families.

Edited by JimTripper

2 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

So - these guys are waiting for their flight? :drunk:---????????????

Yep, rather similar, just the minor difference is that the guys at the airport are waiting a few hours for their flight to depart and the guys in Pattaya bars are waiting a few years for their flights departure .

Airport departure time : 20 30 PM

Pattaya bar departure year : 2027

• Like 1