Russia has plans to annex Belarus, says former Ukrainian foreign minister Klimkin

Scott

Lukashenko understands that at some point Putin will carry out an operation to join Belarus into Russia, Pavlo Klimkin believes

Lukashenko understands that at some point Putin will carry out an operation to join Belarus into Russia, Pavlo Klimkin believes

At the same time, the diplomat noted that Belarusian dictator Alexander Lukashenko had not yet "granted" the Russian dictator a final union of Belarus with Russia – "which would make Putin say: ‘Well, we are finally getting our Belarus back’.”

Klimkin also stated that Putin does not trust Lukashenko, and understands that the Belarusian dictator "draws money from him" to keep the Belarusian economy afloat.

"And under the current sanctions, what can Belarus do economically?” the former Ukrainian minister asked.

https://news.yahoo.com/russia-plans-annex-belarus-says-095700490.html

YahooNews.jpg

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Who said what. 

Do you mean this. 

I just mentioned there another missile strike.

You said "they keep saying Russia has no weapons" to which I asked "who said".

Nice swerve there, try to address the actual words in the posts themselves,

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You said "they keep saying Russia has no weapons" to which I asked "who said".

Nice swerve there, try to address the actual words in the posts themselves,

Not swerving anything, news reports past and present keep saying lack of weapons in Russia  when listening TV and radio. 

Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

The Ukrainian authorities have also told porkies about Russian missiles hitting Poland...I wouldn't put much stock in anything coming out of Kiev. 

They actually admitted the missile could have come from anywhere.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The Ukrainian authorities have also told porkies about Russian missiles hitting Poland...I wouldn't put much stock in anything coming out of Kiev. 

Ukraine says missile parts that landed in Poland may have been Ukrainian

In an interview Friday, he described an intense battle during which at least 50 missiles were flying through the air within a matter of minutes near the Polish border in western Ukraine, with at least 20 fired by Russia and 30 fired by Ukrainian air defenses as Russia launched its biggest attack yet on Ukraine’s energy infrastructure. They were among a total of 96 missiles fired by Russia that day, 77 of which were shot down, he said.

“Anything could be the result of this air defense battle,” he said, acknowledging that at least some of the missile parts could have been Ukrainian.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/11/18/ukraine-missile-poland-nato-russia/

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ukraine says missile parts that landed in Poland may have been Ukrainian

In an interview Friday, he described an intense battle during which at least 50 missiles were flying through the air within a matter of minutes near the Polish border in western Ukraine, with at least 20 fired by Russia and 30 fired by Ukrainian air defenses as Russia launched its biggest attack yet on Ukraine’s energy infrastructure. They were among a total of 96 missiles fired by Russia that day, 77 of which were shot down, he said.

“Anything could be the result of this air defense battle,” he said, acknowledging that at least some of the missile parts could have been Ukrainian.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/11/18/ukraine-missile-poland-nato-russia/

Yes, after the world called them out for their lies, The Ukrainian admitted the obvious.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

With the battering he's taking in Ukraine, I really doubt putin has any inclination to invade any country again.

They're talking about the president of Belarus allowing it.  It isn't about Putin invading anywhere else.

20 hours ago, Scott said:

Belarusian dictator Alexander Lukashenko had not yet "granted" the Russian dictator a final union of Belarus with Russia

• Like 1

That article is a re-print from an ukrainian publication New Voice, based on a short interview to a radio podcast. 
that guy is a former foreign minister, but out of office for over 3 years. 
Thus his opinions are low value, they are not based on anything real. 
In those desperate times for ukraine, there might be a lot of misinformation

But also publications with click bait titles, as in that very case

Edited by internationalism

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well Russia doesn't have to invade to do it, how does that suit you. 

Oh yes of course, all those annexations over history that didn't involve invasions...how could I forget them.

LOL

"Under international law, annexation is when one country forcibly asserts control and sovereignty over another country's territory. This usually follows military occupation. Annexation is unilateral''

https://www.economist.com/the-economist-explains/2022/09/30/what-is-annexation

Edited by Bluespunk

2 minutes ago, internationalism said:

That article is a re-print from an ukrainian publication New Voice, based on a short interview to a radio podcast. 
that guy is a former foreign minister, but out of office for over 3 years. 
Thus his opinions are low value, they are not based on anything real. 
In those desperate times for ukraine, there might be a lot of misinformation 

Sadly your right but moral has to be kept up at all kinds of costs. 

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Yes, the story is about Russia annexing Belarus, but not through invasion like you suggested. 

What's your point?

My point is that annexation over time and history involves invasion.

Please let me know of an annexation that didn't involve invasion and occupation by troops. 

''Under international law, annexation is when one country forcibly asserts control and sovereignty over another country's territory. This usually follows military occupation. Annexation is unilateral''

'Tis to laugh

Edited by Bluespunk

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

''Under international law, annexation is when one country forcibly asserts control and sovereignty over another country's territory. This usually follows military occupation. Annexation is unilateral''

'Tis to laugh

Yes it is to mention Law when it comes to war.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Yes it is to mention Law when it comes to war.

I never said war was legal and given my views on the use of war as a political tool, seriously doubt I ever will. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I don't put any stock in any of your posts.

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

It's the Vikings fault I reckon. ????

Or the Danegeld as a tribute.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

'Tis to laugh

And you know that this is the definition that Ukrainian former Foreign Minster was using how?