Border runs with Bangkok Buddy

Not recommended for sure.

Many issues expierienced. Can write over private messages if needed. 3 times failures etc. but maybe sometimes you lucky and wont have an issue. 

Point is: I not look for luck I look for professional services with no issues caused by agency. 

Edited by Tom H
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, 3421abc said:

I also used this company 2 months ago. Very professional and honest. As I got in the van the gentlemen said if my visa run fails he would return my money. Everything went smoothly and I will use them again for sure.
Their website is a bit outdated. The photo is no longer required.

Thank you for your reply. Did you get a full-page Cambodian visa sticker in your passport?

and if you are on Non Immigrant extension have it cancelled before the trip. 

(above quote from ThaiVisaService)

Why is it necessary to cancel an extension before crossing a border?

I would have thought it would be cancelled automatically when you get stamped out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

You can prevent that by getting an e-visa, allow 4 business days from memory.

You cannot use an eVisa for Cambodia at the border crossing that those companies use. Only a few select few land borders allow these. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Why is it necessary to cancel an extension before crossing a border?

I would have thought it would be cancelled automatically when you get stamped out.

You are allowed to exit by air with a non cancelled extension. With an extension based on working or study, land borders will not let you exit (unless you have a re-entry permit). I believe exiting with an uncancelled extension based on marriage to a Thai or retirement is permitted.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Knorozov said:

Is it possible to cross the border at Ban Pakkad (บ้านผักกาด) and re-enter on the same day without the aid of an agency like Bangkok Buddy or Thai Visa Service?

You might need to pay a "fee" for not staying in Cambodia overnight.

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Knorozov said:

Is it possible to cross the border at Ban Pakkad (บ้านผักกาด) and re-enter on the same day without the aid of an agency like Bangkok Buddy or Thai Visa Service?

I have done it twice, but not recently. It is definitely possible, but you need to know how to avoid the scams in a quiet, friendly manner. Do not let avaricious officials upset you. As noted above, a present to Cambodian immigration for the same day return is not a scam. There is a stupid Cambodian law that you must stay at least one night.. While you might be able to dodge this present, expect to pay about 200 to 300 baht. On the other hand, as long as you have clean, undamaged US$ banknotes, there should be no need to pay more than the official price of US$30 for the Cambodian visa on arrival. There should be no scams by the Thai officials, but times have changed, and you may need to exercise patience and understanding with them also these days.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Are you sure there is a LAW preventing you from leaving the country the same day? I thought they made it up to get money from tourists.

Yes, it is an actual Cambodian law. There are a couple of exceptions. You are allowed to leave the same day if you arrive by air at Phnom Penh airport (specifically, only that airport). Also, the restriction does not apply if you have a multiple entry business visa.

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2022 at 9:38 AM, brianthainess said:

You can prevent that by getting an e-visa, allow 4 business days from memory.

IF you use a border bounce service you CANNOT get an eVisa for Cambodia because the borders they use do NOT accept eVisa for entry. You can't use an eVisa at Ban Laem OR Ban Pakard to enter cambodia

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 12/10/2022 at 11:45 AM, Tom H said:

Not recommended for sure.

Many issues expierienced. Can write over private messages if needed. 3 times failures etc. but maybe sometimes you lucky and wont have an issue. 

Point is: I not look for luck I look for professional services with no issues caused by agency. 

Tom H, she scammed me too. I tried to send you a message, but I wasn't able to for some reason. If she scammed any of you, please PM me.