Airline refunded me to much for unused ticket!

Hummin

On 12/10/2022 at 10:40 PM, Hummin said:

Im positive I had rights to refund regards my extras I pre-ordered. Even got it on black and white from chat with one of their agents I would get 100% refund. What would Uk law say about that when I had full flex tickets? 

Many airlines state that extras bought and paid for are non refundable. The only times they do refund the extras (at least special seats) is if they change the aircraft and can no longer give a seat as paid for, and even that is not automatically done but have to be argued for.

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

Tell the airline to call you and then put them on indefinite hold until they give up, just as they do to you when it suits.

If I charged them the time spent with them on wait, they own me big time. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Many airlines state that extras bought and paid for are non refundable. The only times they do refund the extras (at least special seats) is if they change the aircraft and can no longer give a seat as paid for, and even that is not automatically done but have to be argued for.

I specific asked for my rights before canceling my round trip tickets because I had refundable economic flex tickets, and also my extras with an live chat person with a name and documented on file where I have a copy that my extras would be refunded. 

So no mistake from me before manually myself cancel my trip. Three times and number of complaints and waiting in line for nothing. 

On 12/10/2022 at 9:35 PM, Hummin said:

The first agent I talked to confirmed I would get complete refund, but later I found out I did not. Made a new complaint tree times, but was denied. 

Well now that's the stupid agents fault to say that ,He should fix that Not you . 

The too much refunds is a completely different case. Pay them back .

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I specific asked for my rights before canceling my round trip tickets because I had refundable economic flex tickets, and also my extras with an live chat person with a name and documented on file where I have a copy that my extras would be refunded. 

So no mistake from me before manually myself cancel my trip. Three times and number of complaints and waiting in line for nothing. 

Then you just ignore them. Just like they do to you when you are 100% right!  I bet if you use a different credit card next time you may be ok even. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

About 12 500,-, and for me to change dates of the ticket I had, it would cost me almost a roundtrip with Emirates due to start of high season. 
The whole roundtrip with economy flex both flights was total 32 500

I see now the very same roundtrip I booked for same dates next year cost now 59 359,-

My emirates  roundtrip cost me 28k 

That's 12500 baht?

They are not going to do much about it.

It sounds like you have had some frustrating experiences with this airline in the past. If you have received a refund for more than you were entitled to, it is important to contact the airline and explain the situation. They may request that you return the excess amount, but if you do not agree with their request, you can try to negotiate a resolution. It is also worth considering reaching out to a consumer protection agency or a legal professional for advice on how to handle the situation. It is unlikely that the airline will put you on a black list for not paying the excess amount, but it is always best to handle the situation in a professional and respectful manner.

• Thanks 1

Don't know how close you are to "Swampy" (the airport) but you might take a ride out there, go to the Emerites desk and ask for a supervisor. Take copies of everything from the beginning and see what they say. Could be she/he'll just cancel it in the computer right then and there. Heck, you might even end up with a voucher towards your next flight. ????

Had a similar experience with United being operated by JAL, went to the JAL desk and got an upgrade with lounge access and a free hotel with food vouchers from United. ????

Sometimes the employees are on your side.

• Thanks 1