Bank letter to be obtained from branch at Chaeng Wattana Immigration building, instead of branch where account originally opened?

I opened the Krungsri account at the Chid Lom branch, but it has been suggested that the branch in the Immigration building can issue the letter just as well, so there is no reason to stop on the way, but just go directly out there. Sound right? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

so there is no reason to stop on the way, but just go directly out there. Sound right?

Exactly.

I opened my Kasikorn at local mall and every year obtain the bank letter at CW. 

I give the lady 200 baht.

100 baht to deposit into the account and 100 baht for bank letter.

This covers "activity" in the account and bank letter matching balance on day of application. 

Be aware that you can make appointment for extension.

I like to have appointment about 10.30am and arriving at ~9am allows heaps of time for letter. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would recommend getting the letter the day before.

On the day:

Grab a number early

Go downside and deposit 100b into your account.

Update your book.

Around 720-740 copy centers open up. Make a copy of your updated book, first page.

Otherwise you'll wait until the banks open, wait for your queue #, wait for the letter to be created and stamped seven times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Posideon said:

On the day:

Grab a number early

Update your book.

Around 720-740 copy centers open up. Make a copy of your updated book, first page.

Otherwise you'll wait until the banks open, wait for your queue #, wait for the letter to be created and stamped seven times.

First up there is an appointment system and works a treat.

Secondly the bank will make a photocopy of you last page of bank book after you make the deposit. Just ask them. 

The letter takes virtually zero extra time. 

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

First up there is an appointment system and works a treat.

Secondly the bank will make a photocopy of you last page of bank book after you make the deposit. Just ask them. 

The letter takes virtually zero extra time. 

Oh, thanks. I've only been doing it ten years. My mistake.

Make a copy of the page. Great, that just leaves the other page in need of copying. How rude, every time I'm in the bank it's crazy busy. Sure, they will but just strikes me as a selfish farang request.

The letter absolutely does not take "zero time" it's probably 20 minutes start to finish and that's after they've called your number.

Appointment now for non O at CW. Great. Maybe next year. I saw no evidence of that days ago but whatever

You should change your username to oneupsman

What I'd described works perfectly, minimum amount of time. I think your advice extremely suspect just based on the fact the op might be stuck in an early morning queue of better part of a dozen people. The year before last the machine to update the book was broken. I waited fifteen minutes to get my book updated.

Then, after the update and letter you ask for a copy when must be half dozen copy centers. Just selfish, rude. Staff will do it but I know exactly what they'd be thinking.

Edited by Posideon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Posideon said:

Oh, thanks. I've only been doing it ten years. My mistake.

Make a copy of the page. Great, that just leaves the other page in need of copying. How rude, every time I'm in the bank it's crazy busy. Sure, they will but just strikes me as a selfish farang request.

The letter absolutely does not take "zero time" it's probably 20 minutes start to finish and that's after they've called your number.

You should change your username to oneupsman

What I'd described works perfectly, minimum amount of time. I think your advice extremely suspect just based on the fact the op might be stuck in an early morning queue of better part of a dozen people. The year before last the machine to update the book was broken. I waited fifteen minutes to get my book updated.

Then, after the update and letter you ask for a copy when must be half dozen copy centers. Just selfish, rude. Staff will do it but I know exactly what they'd be thinking.

I use Bangkok Bank for my marriage extension and proof of income.

They need working 3 days notice for 12 months statements and the guarantee letter as head office has to authorise it. The cost is 200 thb and I get 3 copies, one for the IO at Kamphaeng Phet, one for the region 5 office at Chiang Mai and one for me.

I generally give them a weeks notice and there is no problem.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Posideon said:

Staff will do it but I know exactly what they'd be thinking.

You are so wrong in every sentence

I make sure I photocopy all the pages of my bank book.

I need to point out to staff that only require updated page. 

Always done with good manners.

I also have done many extensions and have never had issue with long time required at the bank.

I never require machine to update bb 

You were not even aware of the appointment system and recommend obtaining que # early etc etc. 

Folk are welcome to use photocopy service located on same level as the banks. 

Pic attached. 

Screenshot_20221211-183406.jpg

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Be aware that you can make appointment for extension.

How is such an appointment made these days? Online or phone? I'm planning to go in Tuesday morning after the Monday holiday when they are closed, so am I too late to make an appointment? Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Enzian said:

How is such an appointment made these days?

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=20131

That's the link.

Normally you would do it in advance more than what you plan.

Be aware that you will receive an email to confirm your appointment and you need to have hard copy print out.

That can be done on lower level of CW.

I posted picture of photocopy place earlier in thread. 

If you use appointment note that you do  NOT attend que ticket desk. 

Walk past that into where all the io desks are.

There is a doc check at the start of the desks 

Be at least 20 mins early as the appointments run on time and often you are seen early. 

They do not call your name/number. 

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Your experience does not match the vast reports of getting to CW VERY early to que in long line for number. 

#8 ridiculous. 

Initially it was only retirement.

Now changed 

The photo was for readers information. Many are unaware of that it's available. 

In actually fact my last extension in November, I hardly said a word.

The bank clerk knew exactly what I required. The photo copier is just behind her and I could see she was about to photocopy all my bb pages. I had to ask her to only do the last page.

You joined 5 hours ago.

Now on ignore. 

You don't seem like a helpful person. You strike me as pedantic and passive aggressive.

You are so absolutely full of yourself. I was indeed #8 and never left CW after 10am that I can ever remember.

#55,6 in line and 8 in L queue. Now, you're calling me a liar.

Haha all those instructions about appointments. You can keep that.

Ah, she KNEW exactly what you wanted. Clever girl that one. How neocolonial of you ????

Edited by Posideon
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Enzian said:

I always thought it had to be the morning of the same day.

The bank letter is accepted if made days prior to application. 

However one big bonus of CW (where the OP is dealing with) is that most banks apart from SCB have a branch there and the letter and deposit/withdrawal to show activity and balance update can all be done at same time. 

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The bank letter is accepted if made days prior to application. 

The bank letter is accepted one day prior.

I have never nor have I ever known anyone to chance more than a day and two at most. Days...? Is that four or five? A week?

If you do the letter before the day I'd recommend you update your book. I was asked to do so once and therefore simply do it always to simply eliminate another thing to be hassled over.

But there's no way I'd do the letter in the morning that day. That's just bad advice

If you have an SCB account you may be able to update at Bangkok Bank (and perhaps others). I saw such an option

Edited by Posideon
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Posideon said:

The bank letter is accepted one day prior.

The letter is accepted up till 7 days prior as already pointed out by another poster.

All irrelevant as this thread the OP specifically asked about CW and I have outlined best process for that office.

Namely obtain letter and make deposit into account to show activity and update on day of application. 

Give it a rest. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, DrJack54 said:

The letter is accepted up till 7 days prior as already pointed out by another poster.

All irrelevant as this thread the OP specifically asked about CW and I have outlined best process for that office.

Namely obtain letter and make deposit into account to show activity and update on day of application. 

Give it a rest. 

Pointed out by another, not by you.

Personally, I still would not chance more than one day because why?

You have outlined lol ????????????????????????

Give yourself a rest big guy

5 minutes ago, Posideon said:

Pointed out by another, not by you.

Personally, I still would not chance more than one day because why?

You have outlined lol ????????????????????????

Give yourself a rest big guy

It's well know that up till 7 days is accepted. 

Granted most folk recommend obtaining the letter a day or two earlier if location of bank and immigration office warrants that. 

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

I always thought it had to be the morning of the same day.

I think that a lot depends on the office and how busy they are.

At the IO in Kamphaeng Phet they want it done the same day which isn't too hard as the office is about 5 km outside the city and it is easy to order from the bank in advance, pick it up and go out to the IO.

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Give it a rest. 

Not necessarily as it all depends on the IO in the province.

KPP want it dated the same day. If not they are within their rights to send you to get a new letter.

Not every IO office is the same.

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Not necessarily as it all depends on the IO in the province.

KPP want it dated the same day. If not they are within their rights to send you to get a new letter.

Not every IO office is the same.

The thread is about CW.

Yes you are correct all immigration offices are different. 

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Granted most folk recommend obtaining the letter a day or two earlier if location of bank and immigration office warrants that.

The rest of my post suggested day or two prior is best option if cannot be done on day of application. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The thread is about CW.

Yes you are correct all immigration offices are different. 

The rest of my post suggested day or two prior is best option if cannot be done on day of application. 

My apologies. I misread the thread and thought that it was a general IO thread.  :sorry:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Posideon said:

On the day:

Grab a number early

Update your book.

Are you sure about this? Immigration in 2 provinces (I moved house) have told me that the letter has to be issued the same day as the extension.

2 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I'd say so. Doing a bank letter a day before for 10 years is 10 days of your life you won't get back mate.

How is that? It's 20 minutes one day or the other. How did twenty minutes turn into a day?

Edited by Posideon
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, renaissanc said:

Are you sure about this? Immigration in 2 provinces (I moved house) have told me that the letter has to be issued the same day as the extension.

It varies for different offices.

The letter can be up to 7 days pre application but as this attached thread shows ....many offices require the letter to be on the same day as application,..

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, renaissanc said:

It varies by immigration office.  The CW/Bangkok office is up to 7 days.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Enzian said:

How is such an appointment made these days? Online or phone? I'm planning to go in Tuesday morning after the Monday holiday when they are closed, so am I too late to make an appointment? Thanks.

i don't know if you had any success with making an appt.  but be aware that going to CW the day after a holiday can be one of the worst days to go - w/o an appt.  if you don't have an appt, i'd wait until wed or thurs to go.

for what it's worth, i did my annual retirement extension in early october and arrived at about 9am (i always arrive around that time at CW).  i got a queue number in the 20's for the L desk and they were already past #10.  i was shocked, i think i'd had one in the 30's before but also 50's, 70's and once i was over 100 (that was the last year).  50-70 had been the norm.  i get my bank letter the day before, i use a foreign currency account.

• Like 1