Lockerbie bombing suspect is now in US custody

Scott

image.png

A Libyan man accused of being involved in making the bomb that destroyed Pan Am flight 103 over the town of Lockerbie in December 1988 is now in US custody, authorities in the United States and Scotland said Sunday.

The US charged Abu Agila Mohammad Mas’ud Kheir Al-Marimi for his alleged involvement in the bombing two years ago, a spokesman for the UK Crown Office and Prosecutor Fiscal Service told CNN.

The attack killed 270 people as the bomb detonated over the Scottish town as it flew from London to New York.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/11/uk/lockerbie-bombing-suspect-custody-intl/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Emdog said:
2 hours ago, Mad mick said:

Waste of time another prisoners swap likely & lucky  not in Russia definitely A Swap with demo elites drain the swamp deals of Washington. ????

Could you put those words/clauses/bits in some sort of order so as to convey meaning?

My best guess:

"It was a waste of time to arrest him as the US will probably only exchange him in another prisoner swap, as they did the Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout (except this time, fortunately, it is a prisoner from Libya rather than Russia).  There will definitely be a prisoner swap with some of the US Democratic Party Elites*, the kind that Trump wanted to get rid of when he planned to "drain the swamp"."

*I have no idea what "Democratic Elites" are currently imprisoned in Libya.  I assume that Mad Mick has some insider info that we don't.

54 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I drove through Lockerbie about a fortnight after the aircraft bombing.

The devastation was horrific.

Something I wish I had never seen.

I did the same while delivering a truck to Manchester just after the new year, the smell of aviation fuel was still very strong, and that was on the main Scotland to England road which passed by where the plane came down.

• Like 1

My past neighbors daughter was on that plane !

I read on the Boston local news the mother is  attending the court proceedings!

Hope the mom finds some resemblance of closure!

I-know she’s been active in grassroots Lockerbie movements.

• Thanks 1