Norwegian man arrested on Samui Island for 15 days of overstay

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Samui Island –A Norwegian man was arrested on Samui Island in Surat Thani for 15 days of overstaying his legal visa conditions.

Surat Thani Immigration officers told the Phuket Express that yesterday (December 10th) they have arrested Mr. Jan Banan Thalmann, 43, a Norwegian national at a house in the Mae Nam sub-district, Samui district.

He is now at 15 days of overstaying his visa according to police. He was taken to the Koh Samui Police Station to face overstaying charges. It was unclear why Mr. Thalmann had overstayed his visa.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/12/11/norwegian-man-arrested-on-samui-island-for-15-days-of-overstay/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-12-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

18 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Give it a few weeks and I'll bet they will be waiting outside hotels for tourists on a one day overstay before they get a chance to go to immigration and extend.

I know in some cases they (those who are on overstay) manage to attract police to do a investigation and they find they are on overstay. There is a reason why they are on overstay, so,,,,,,,,,,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

You know those little electronic buzzer units they use at Pizza Company, it flashes and makes a noise when your order is ready? They could put straps on them and tie them to foreigners ankles at the airport when they arrive. pre programmed to go off 24 hours before the visa expires. If they could rig them to give out an electric shock too, that would be just perfect. And if Immi doesn't enter the visa renewal code into the device or it is removed by them and deactivated, it self destructs and takes of the visitors leg, overstayers would be far easier to spot then. 

And they could offer discounts on pizza too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Next thing we'll read, is 10 years IDC detention for being 10 minutes late at the airport.

But I am thankful for Aseannow to advertise all these cases, which and hope will make their way into western media. It'll teach them

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stoner said:

you're really equating overstaying on a government issued visa and jaywalking ? totally see how you made that connection.

With 1.5 million posts what can you expect? Probably has an EXACT number of days that would be considered ok and I'm sure will let the forum know sometime. Ad nausea. 

Edited by alex8912

1 hour ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

They said the search was finished? they lied, it was a dirty trick?

Okay, search is over, back to normal ????

They should give amnesty to everyone who have overstayed and give them a chance to either leave or make legal stay. 

Anyway, I guess they check anyone who stands out for a reason. 

• Like 2