Thailand to turn chilly for seven days from Tuesday

webfact

image.jpeg

Warmer clothing may be needed for at least a week as most of Thailand will see the weather turn noticeably cooler from tomorrow (Tuesday).

A strong cold front from China will cover the northern part of Thailand from tomorrow until Saturday and this will cause temperatures to fall 3-6oC in most of Thailand, except in the southern region which will face heavy rain, according to the Meteorological Department.

The mercury in the north-eastern region is forecast to drop by 4-6oC, while the temperature in the northern, eastern and central regions, including Bangkok, is expected to fall by 3-5oC.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-to-turn-chilly-for-seven-days-from-tuesday/

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-12-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 1

Chilly is relative.     Now it’s 32.   Down to 29 isn’t chilly. Between 9 pm and 8 am I might, might have to wear a shirt.  Not pants.    No socks.  No boots.  No wool cap.   No scarf.   Pleasant is my word.  

I will put on my 800 fill jacket and likely take it off after 15 minutes, but I have it to act like I’m in Alaska during a blizzard. 

Talk to me when we see single digits…..it happens, not usually in December.   

• Thumbs Up 1

Last week daughter #1 went up to Rayong to see an indoor tulip growing facility.

Temperature maintained at a chilly 14.8C - not exactly life-threatening but she was prepared with additional clothing, however as she says, believes it's the first time in her life she's experienced sub-20C temperatures apart from opening the refrigerator.

Back to normal - forecast 34C at 3pm today, 23C overnight.

Edited by gomangosteen

25 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Last week daughter #1 went up to Rayong to see an indoor tulip growing facility.

Tried to send you a PM but I believe you turned that receiving PM's off.

Care to share the location of this place. Wifey has seen Tulips in Europe, Singapore so it would be awesome for her to seen them in her home country.

Thx!

Edited by MJCM
SpElLiNg
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Tried to send you a PM but I believe you turned that receiving PM's off.

Care to share the location of this place. Wifey has seen Tulips in Europe, Singapore so it would be awesome for her to seen them in her home country.

Thx!

I'll get the details when she's home from work tonight

Meantime, a couple of the pics she sent me:

spacer.png spacer.png

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

^ looking at the framework behind, appears this is the place

FLORA EXHIBITION HALL, Phanprueksa Building, PTTLNG, Map Ta Phut Subdistrict, Muang Rayong District, Rayong Province

● GPS : https://goo.gl/maps/osFqPAw44QiJZmr78

spacer.png

Wow thx a lot.

I have Doc appointment in BKK and Pattaya next month so will most certainly visit.

Good surprise for the wife

Thx again, really appreciated

:wai:

• Like 1

We had the annual "Overcoat" concert last night where Bangkok people pay through the nose to listen to "music" through to 4am and be cold. Unfortunately for them the temperature did not go below 20C.

They have yet to explain why we can have loud music 5km from the speakers. Those close must have ear plugs.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Resident Alien said:

"Thailand to turn chilly"

and at the same time pm 2.5 will increase to unhealthy.

It might do in some parts of the country, but up in our little corner of the rice paddy I've never seen it go higher than 'satisfactory'. 

Screenshot (7).png

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Warmer clothing may be needed for at least a week as most of Thailand will see the weather turn noticeably cooler from tomorrow (Tuesday).

A friend in south/central UK sent me a video yesterday, snow falling in Bournemouth.

Temp -2C

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

^ looking at the framework behind, appears this is the place

FLORA EXHIBITION HALL, Phanprueksa Building, PTTLNG, Map Ta Phut Subdistrict, Muang Rayong District, Rayong Province

● GPS : https://goo.gl/maps/osFqPAw44QiJZmr78

spacer.png

Must have just opened within the last couple months.  I work about 5km from here and drive by the area often, was wondering what they were building behind the construction fencing, thought it was just a new factory.

For those unfamiliar, this is a VERY densely developed industrial area.  It is not beautiful.  However, some very nice 'Thai' style beaches just a couple minutes drive to the West of this.  Phala, Nam Rin etc.  Worth a journey over if you don't live far and are bored.  Particularly nice in NE monsoon, offshore winds allow for clear water and very calm seas.  Romson Restaurant for a great Thai meal sitting on the beach in the natural shade of the pine trees.

Can't imagine the energy required to keep something this size at 14C!   Suppose Thai government/PTT doesn't really care, heaps of co-gen electricity from burned-off excess chemicals at Map-Ta-Phut anyways.

Wonder what family member of an influential person made a boat-load of cash for this pet project?