Elon Musk booed off stage at a Dave Chappelle show

Scott

52 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

At one point, when Musk attempted to speak, Chappelle interrupted, saying, “Don’t say nothing. You hear that sound, Elon? That’s the sound of pending civil unrest.

After more jeers, Chappelle ended his show with a reprimand and a prayer.

Booing is not the best thing you can do,” he said. “I wish everybody in this auditorium the joy of feeling free and may your pursuit of happiness set you free. Amen.”

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/12/business/elon-musk-booed-dave-chappelle/index.html

And, of course, Chappelle's comment about the booing shows it's false that  90% were cheering Musk according to himself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course Musk is too busy, to busy claiming it was technically only 10% of the crowd who booed.............lol 

"Technically, it was 90% cheers & 10% boos (except during quiet periods), but, still, that’s a lot of boos, which is a first for me in real life (frequent on Twitter).
It’s almost as if I’ve offended SF’s unhinged leftists … but nahhh."

https://news.sky.com/story/elon-musk-booed-on-stage-at-dave-chappelle-gig-12766825

Although I can't find that on his feed now, perhaps he's deleted it as he does so many of his own tweets?

I've seen the video and it's difficult to tell how much of the crowd is booing.

A small minority are capable of making a lot of noise, as this forum shows daily. Similarly, empty vessels make the most noise.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't have booed him but I wouldn't have been that impressed to see him on the stage if I had paid to see Dave Chappelle. It was a bad move IMO. Obviously if I'd been a typical Californian (SF) lefty Dem I'd have booed him and then rejoiced and claimed that everyone was booing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

I've seen the video and it's difficult to tell how much of the crowd is booing.

A small minority are capable of making a lot of noise, as this forum shows daily. Similarly, empty vessels make the most noise.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't have booed him but I wouldn't have been that impressed to see him on the stage if I had paid to see Dave Chappelle. It was a bad move IMO. Obviously if I'd been a typical Californian (SF) lefty Dem I'd have booed him and then rejoiced and claimed that everyone was booing.

Anybody who can't distinguish booing from cheering needs to get their hearing checked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I've seen the vids too and I would not have front to claim........."Technically, it was 90% cheers & 10% boos (except during quiet periods),

Probably a tongue in cheek comment.

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

At least he admits in quiet periods it was more than that................lol

Which it clearly was, especially when he shouted out "I'm a rich bitch"

Yes it was a stupid comment when he shouldn't have even been on the stage. A poor decision with a predictable outcome, especially in CA.

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Just another in a long line of dubious explanations of Musk's conduct. I remember when his fanboys were claiming he was playing 4 dimensional chess when he made the offer to buy Twitter. And that it was really his way of exposing the bot problem there. And that he would never have to go through with it because of the false claims made by Twitter. As it turned out, despite his frantic attempts to get out of the deal, Musk had to pay the full price he offered. Twitter didn't back down one bit.

Not only that, but he's actually stealing from Tesla by taking its software engineers and using them at Twitter. Tesla is a public company. Clearly he's hurting it and its other shareholders in order to bail himself out.

I presume you have links to back up all those accusations?

I mean links with real evidence? Not just links to more unsubstantiated gossip...

• Love It 2

Just now, JonnyF said:

I presume you have links to back up all those accusations?

I mean links with real evidence? Not just links to more unsubstantiated gossip...

You mean links that show he's using Tesla engineers at Twitter?

Links that show he's been defended by fanboys on the grounds that he was just using his buyout offer to expose twitter?

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You mean links that show he's using Tesla engineers at Twitter?

Yes. Evidence.

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Links that show he's been defended by fanboys on the grounds that he was just using his buyout offer to expose twitter?

I have no interest in Musk fanboys, but thanks for the offer.

16 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes. Evidence.

I thought that was well known

New Twitter owner Elon Musk has pulled more than 50 of his trusted Tesla employees, mostly software engineers from the Autopilot team, into his Twitter takeover

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/31/elon-musk-has-pulled-more-than-50-tesla-engineers-into-twitter.html

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

"According to internal records viewed by CNBC."

Sorry, but that doesn't constitute real evidence. The equivalent of "unnamed sources told us". 

What about when Elon says it himself?

When questioned whether it was a good idea to use Tesla resources at Twitter, Musk said he "didn't think of this as using Tesla assets." 

"There's 120,000 people at the company. This is de minimis," 

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-says-50-tesla-engineers-twitter-worked-after-hours-2022-11

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

"According to internal records viewed by CNBC."

Sorry, but that doesn't constitute real evidence. The equivalent of "unnamed sources told us". 

https://www.firstpost.com/tech/news-analysis/how-tesla-engineers-running-twitter-made-an-error-revealed-how-they-fired-50-per-cent-of-twitters-employees-11586151.html

Oh and by the way, musk himself has admitted there are tesla engineers working at tw*tter...

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-says-50-tesla-engineers-twitter-worked-after-hours-2022-11#:~:text=Elon Musk told a court,billion pay package was excessive.

Edited by Bluespunk
their changed to there...duh and 2nd link added
  • Like 1

Musk himself has admitted (in court) that Tesla engineers were used but theres a spin, apparantly not as paid staff ....

The 50 Tesla engineers who worked for Elon Musk at Twitter weren't "Tesla assets" because they volunteered to work at the company after hours, the billionaire told a Delaware courtroom Wednesday, according to CNBC

When questioned whether it was a good idea to use Tesla resources at Twitter, Musk said he "didn't think of this as using Tesla assets." 

"There's 120,000 people at the company. This is de minimis," he added, using a Latin term meaning something so minor it should be disregarded. He added that the engineers worked at Twitter "for a few days, and then it was over."

56 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Musk himself has admitted (in court) that Tesla engineers were used but theres a spin, apparantly not as paid staff ....

The 50 Tesla engineers who worked for Elon Musk at Twitter weren't "Tesla assets" because they volunteered to work at the company after hours, the billionaire told a Delaware courtroom Wednesday, according to CNBC

"There's 120,000 people at the company. This is de minimis," he added, using a Latin term meaning something so minor it should be disregarded. He added that the engineers worked at Twitter "for a few days, and then it was over."

Whether paid or not, it's undeniable that this hurt TSLA shareholders. The company constitution says the board can't do anything to harm their share prices. They clearly have done so. TSLA stock price reflects this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Volunteering after hours.

The Musk haters are getting desperate ????

Because you believe everything Musk says right? Even when it may have serious legal repercussions. Did they just volunteer out of the blue? 

Did you also believe it when he said there was going to be zero covid cases in the US by April 2020?

Or perhaps you really did believe his now deleted tweet about 90% cheering.......lol

image.png.3c8ec5d01e2e16690c3e4598851bd4ae.png

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1602305628734599168

• Like 1

What makes Musk's claim about "volunteers" even more unbelievable is that this is the guy who demands hardcore dedication to the job. He has no use for timeservers. Yet somehow, it's okay with him for his employees to spend time at Twitter. Are they doing this instead of sleeping?

Edited by placeholder