90 day visa (from U.K.).

Evening all.

I just last week. came back (to the U.K.) from an eight weeks holiday in Thailand. using the 60 day tourist visa.

Im going back next month, for just under 90 days...Ive just been on the Thai e visa website. but Im unable to find such  a visa?!! I will refresh my browser and look again, is it possible to still get a 90 day tourist visa? Or do I just get a 60 day visa and either extend it in Thailand or else just leave before my 60 days and come back in to get another visa?  Im pretty sure I can get a 90 day tourist visa?  Damned if I can find it on the website though?!

There  is no  90-day tourist visa. A TR visa is for 60-day stay which you can extend for another 30-day. For more than that, there are various options but visa wise, there is multiple entry TR visa. But it will also let you stay only for 60-day and then you can extend it again for another 30-day. After 90-day, you must leave the country and enter again to get another 60-day to stay which you could extend for an additional 30-day.

Edited by Onerak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Onerak said:

There  is no  90-day tourist visa. A TR visa is for 60-day stay which you can extend for another 30-day. For more than that, there are various options but visa wise, there is multiple entry TR visa. But it will also let you stay only for 60-day and then you can extend it again for another 30-day. After 90-day, you must leave the country and enter again to get another 60-day to stay which you could extend for an additional 30-day.

How many times can you keep doing that ? 

3 minutes ago, superal said:

With the Multi Entry tourist visa you can enter the country any time within the 6 month period for which it is valid.

If you time your last entry just before the visa expires, you get a 60 day entry on arrival, which can be extended for 30 days.

So you basically have the 6 months of your visa validity plus an extra 3 months from your final entry.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JayClay said:

With the Multi Entry tourist visa you can enter the country any time within the 6 month period for which it is valid.

If you time your last entry just before the visa expires, you get a 60 day entry on arrival, which can be extended for 30 days.

So you basically have the 6 months of your visa validity plus an extra 3 months from your final entry.

Many thanks for the info which it seems to be an alternative option if wanting to stay for 9 months . So when the final 30 day extension comes to an end and you must leave Thailand , can you then apply for another m/e/t/v ? Also what are the visa fees and is the application straight forward , done on line and any uploads to send with the application ? When you leave the country , can it be done at a land border and return the same day or do you have to fly in and out ?  Interesting info

4 minutes ago, superal said:

Many thanks for the info which it seems to be an alternative option if wanting to stay for 9 months . So when the final 30 day extension comes to an end and you must leave Thailand , can you then apply for another m/e/t/v ? Also what are the visa fees and is the application straight forward , done on line and any uploads to send with the application ? When you leave the country , can it be done at a land border and return the same day or do you have to fly in and out ?  Interesting info

Usually you can only apply for a METV from the consulate in your home country. As you're from the UK you could possibly apply online from anywhere in the world; though I don't know if your visa would be accepted in that case.

I don't know the fee, I think around £100. You also need to show at least £5000 of funds in your bak account (I think it needs to have been there for the last 6 months).

No the application isn't straightforward.

Yes there will be uploads, but I don't know what the comprehensive list is (it should be available on the website).

Once you have the visa, you should be able to enter by land. Unless they don't have the facilities to deal with e-Visas. Maybe @ubonjoe will know more about that. If they are able to process them then the 1 day in-out situation would be the same as when they deal with any other type of visa. As somebody with no experience of a zero-day bounce, I'll again need to defer to somebody more knowledgeable to fill in the blanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, superal said:

As long as the visa is valid. It is multiple entry visa that means not restricted to the number of entries. It's the same through out the world for any visa. You are allowed to enter as many times as you wish with a multiple entry visa as long as the visa is valid. For each entry, you will get to stay for 60-day only (can extend by 30-day also). The visa is good for 6 months. After 6-month, the visa expires. In contrast a single entry TR visa is good for three months (or 90-days) after that it expires but you can only use it once to enter the country. I assume you know the difference between a visa and "permission-to-stay". The concept is the same for visas from any country in the World. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, welshguy said:

Thanks for the replies........Looks like I will be applying for a 60 day visa then!

You could just enter Visa Exempt for 45 days then extend in Thailand for a further 30 days giving a total of 75 days if sufficient enough.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Onerak said:

As long as the visa is valid. It is multiple entry visa that means not restricted to the number of entries. It's the same through out the world for any visa. You are allowed to enter as many times as you wish with a multiple entry visa as long as the visa is valid. For each entry, you will get to stay for 60-day only (can extend by 30-day also). The visa is good for 6 months. After 6-month, the visa expires. In contrast a single entry TR visa is good for three months (or 90-days) after that it expires but you can only use it once to enter the country. I assume you know the difference between a visa and "permission-to-stay". The concept is the same for visas from any country in the World. 

What I wanted to know was , when the 6 months is up and the visa expires can another metv visa be applied for to follow on ? 

15 hours ago, RedArmy said:

You could just enter Visa Exempt for 45 days then extend in Thailand for a further 30 days giving a total of 75 days if sufficient enough.

I'm there for 80 odd says, so unfortunately that wouldn't be enough.

I "could" just get a 45 day visa exempt, then fly out somewhere for a day or two, and get another 45 day visa exempt. Of course that's a pain as it involves the cost of traveling etc...plus knowing my luck, they would rescind the 45 day visa and replace it with the 30 day one! Which wouldn't be long enough!

I think I will apply online for the 60 day visa today, then try extending it for another 30 days in Thailand.

Last question..................honest!!

When Im in Thailand. "when" can I apply for the additional 30 days extension please?   ( I mean is there a time frame to do it, eg. when the visa is almost up etc?) or can I apply for the additional 30 days extension at any time after I arrive there?  

( I assume I apply to Immigration in soi 5 Jomtien?)!

Edited by welshguy
spelling

1 minute ago, welshguy said:

Last question..................honest!!

When Im in Thailand. "when" can I apply for the additional 30 days extension please? I mean is there a time frame to do it, eg. when the visa is almost up etc?) or can I apply for the additional 30 days extension at any time after I arrive there?  

( I assume I apply to Immigration in soi 5 Jomtien?)!

Normally folk apply with couple of weeks remaining on the permission of stay.

You could try say 30 days early.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, superal said:

What I wanted to know was , when the 6 months is up and the visa expires can another metv visa be applied for to follow on ? 

METVs are issued in the home country. You need to go back to the country to apply for another METV.

• Thanks 1

I applied for a ME Tourist Visa and received a ME O visa.
The process is straightforward enough if you are organised and have a scanner/printer.
Most of the uploads are self explanatory but a couple of points are confusing;

1   You're only allowed one page to upload six months bank statements so you need to compress the documents, also the bank statement needs to show your address and be stamped by your branch
2   They ask for your ID card. I used my Driving License
As a precaution I also emailed the Thai Embassy referencing my application with attachments of my bank statements.

Edited by Alidiver
Uploaded before I finished