DeSantis calls for Florida grand jury to investigate coronavirus vaccine 'wrongdoing'

Scott

28 minutes ago, candide said:

Come on! This is completely biased! Ivermectin is actually a very efficient treatment!

"Remove worms and bots with a single dose of IverCare (ivermectin paste) 1.87%. This convenient paste offers broad-spectrum parasite control and comes in the extended Sure-Grip syringe. Proudly made in the U.S.A., it's the only ivermectin product that treats horses up to 1,500 pounds in a single dose." ????????????????

https://www.farnam.com/all-products/deworming/ivercare

Still wobbling on about that years after, I see. I guess you just can't stop thinking about him.

• Love It 1

On 12/15/2022 at 9:03 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Report: COVID-19 vaccines saved US $1.15 trillion, 3 million lives

A Commonwealth Fund study estimates that, through November 2022, COVID-19 vaccines prevented more than 18.5 million US hospitalizations and 3.2 million deaths and saved the country $1.15 trillion.

The modeling study estimated hospitalizations and deaths averted through the end of November 2022, at a time when 80% of the US population had received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine.

"Without vaccination the U.S. would have experienced 1.5 times more infections, 3.8 times more hospitalizations, and 4.1 times more deaths," the authors wrote.

(more)

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/report-covid-19-vaccines-saved-us-115-trillion-3-million-lives

Two Years of U.S. COVID-19 Vaccines Have Prevented Millions of Hospitalizations and Deaths

It has been two years since the first COVID-19 vaccine was given to a patient in the United States. Since then, the U.S. has administered more than 655 million doses — 80 percent of the population has received at least one dose — with the cumulative effect of preventing more than 18 million additional hospitalizations and more than 3 million additional deaths. The swift development of the vaccine, emergency authorization to distribute widely, and rapid rollout have been instrumental in curbing hospitalization and death, while mitigating socioeconomic repercussions of the pandemic.

(more)

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/blog/2022/two-years-covid-vaccines-prevented-millions-deaths-hospitalizations

Significant words being "The modeling study"

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 9:03 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The swift development of the vaccine, emergency authorization to distribute widely, and rapid rollout have been instrumental in curbing hospitalization and death, while mitigating socioeconomic repercussions of the pandemic.

LOL, LOL, LOL.

Anyone think the current economic and societal disasters were "mitigated"?

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Significant words being "The modeling study"

What's significant is that you think that "modeling study" invalidates the findings. Modeling has long since proved it's worth in epidemiological analyses. It's a shame that schools teach algebra instead of statistics and probability. There would so much less denialism of science were this the case.

https://www.news-medical.net/health/What-is-Epidemiologic-Modeling.aspx#:~:text=Using Mathematical Modeling in Epidemiology&text=Models of how they progress,social distancing or mass vaccination.)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What's significant is that you think that "modeling study" invalidates the findings. Modeling has long since proved it's worth in epidemiological analyses. It's a shame that schools teach algebra instead of statistics and probability. There would so much less denialism of science were this the case.

https://www.news-medical.net/health/What-is-Epidemiologic-Modeling.aspx#:~:text=Using Mathematical Modeling in Epidemiology&text=Models of how they progress,social distancing or mass vaccination.)

I went to high school in the 60's and both algebra and statistics were separate units within the double math subject.

In the earlier days of computing, everyone was familiar with the term; 'garbage in garbage out'.

Mathematical modelling is only of use when the input data is accurate. A few extra here, or miss a few there, gives wildly inaccurate results. Only have to look at the nonsense being spouted by the Imperial College, in the early days of c-19, to see that.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

In the earlier days of computing, everyone was familiar with the term; 'garbage in garbage out'.

Mathematical modelling is only of use when the input data is accurate. A few extra here, or miss a few there, gives wildly inaccurate results. Only have to look at the nonsense being spouted by the Imperial College, in the early days of c-19, to see that.

There has since been a huge amount of data. So whatever the validity of the Imperial College projections, it has no relevance to the modeling that followed once the pandemic was widely underway.

2 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

No, my point was that African countries have low vaccination rates and low covid mortality rates. That's all. And it's untrue that African countries have non-existent healthcare systems. It's just that healthcare is provided at by local grassroots providers rather than by big corporations.

The low reported mortality rates are the result of poor data collection.  Tell us more about these "local grassroots providers".  Are they the sort of people you would go to for health care?  Do you think they may have something to do with the low life expectancy in Africa?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_life_expectancy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Your point has been refuted by links provided in this thread.

Here's a NY Times link:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/23/health/covid-africa-deaths.html

What's amazing to me is that the experts on the ground studying this phenomenon can't agree on the causes. But the geniuses on this forum with no expertise at all somehow have all the answers and are completely certain that they are right. It's laughable.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jaywalker2 said:

Here's a NY Times link:

What's amazing to me is that the experts on the ground studying this phenomenon can't agree on the causes. But the geniuses on this forum with no expertise at all somehow have all the answers and are completely certain that they are right. It's laughable.

I made no opinion. I never do on matters that I am not qualified to judge. I just quote the sources I do think are the best qualified and make the most sense. Try playing the ball, not the man. That means addressing the subject matter in the links although I do understand that's anathema in the echo chamber.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

Still not reading the discussions in the thread! ????

It's a MAGA poster who introduced the Ivermectin subject in the tread!

Having said that, I understand you don't want Trump to be evoked. What an embarrassment!or Trump

You didn't have to reply to him.

As for Trump, if the Trump haters didn't keep bringing him up we could all move on, IMO he's yesterdays news.

57 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

Here's a NY Times link:

You manage to completely ignore the new evidence of the study I cited above. Clearly, covid was being massively underreported. And while it is true that many African nations do have a good preventative system of health care due to experiences with Ebola among others, the reporting systems are mostly poor to nonexistent.

From the article:

"Published in the journal BMJ Open, the study found that nearly 90 percent of deceased individuals at a crowded morgue in Lusaka, Zambia were infected with COVID-19 during peak transmission periods between July 2020-June 2021—and only 10 percent of these individuals tested positive for COVID while alive...

“It is always challenging to know whether someone died with COVID or died from COVID,” says Dr. Gill, who has studied a wide range of infectious diseases, particularly pediatric illnesses, and vaccines in the US and abroad. “What we can say is that a majority of the deceased presented with some constellation of respiratory symptoms on top of the positive PCR test.”"

https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/974330

• Like 2

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

There has since been a huge amount of data. So whatever the validity of the Imperial College projections, it has no relevance to the modeling that followed once the pandemic was widely underway.

Can't agree there.

The Imperial College forecasting was enormously influential in England's early response. Should add that c-19 was originally given the grade of mild flu status at the beginning of March 2020.

There was also the insistence that even if someone was run over and killed, it was still put down as a c-19 death, If that person had tested positive in the previous 28 days.

As I say poor data in, rubbish projection out.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Can't agree there.

The Imperial College forecasting was enormously influential in England's early response. Should add that c-19 was originally given the grade of mild flu status at the beginning of March 2020.

There was also the insistence that even if someone was run over and killed, it was still put down as a c-19 death, If that person had tested positive in the previous 28 days.

As I say poor data in, rubbish projection out.

Got a link for that?

Not that it's actually relevant to the current situation where there is now plenty of data.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

LOL, LOL, LOL, yes. Just ask anyone who e'g. worked in the emergency rooms around the world.

Not counting the NZ nurses and doctors that refused to have the jab and got sacked for it.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/456395/over-100-nurses-sacked-after-refusing-vaccine

Just over 100 nurses, 14 midwives and 10 doctors have been sacked from District Health Boards for refusing to be vaccinated against Covid-19.

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I made no opinion. I never do on matters that I am not qualified to judge. I just quote the sources I do think are the best qualified and make the most sense. Try playing the ball, not the man. That means addressing the subject matter in the links although I do understand that's anathema in the echo chamber.

Now this is the funniest thing you've said so far.

• Thanks 1