Word of caution !

CharlieH

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

"The driver was looking for 390 baht."

I don't order on COD; however, I am curious as to how that situation would be handled.

Had this at our house. Son spoke to driver who did have small package. Son says driver seeemed to be quite innocent, just doing his assigned task. Driver did mention he had previously woked for another tpt outfit but just changed because of promise of better  payment. 

Son then told driver 'did not order / will not accept', and closed the door.

Driver called his supervisor then disappeared, never seen again. 

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I guess the drivers don't really care, they get paid by the sender anyway.

But perhaps they get paid after they have indicated (online) that the parcel has been received and in some cases drivers still ask for a signature.

Edited by scorecard

A bit further. I ordered through AliExpress. Item was for 2 pieces at 600bht. Received and paid, opened the package only 1 item. Tried contacting the seller, no response, tried Ali, they said send it back. Yeh sure, send the one back to a company that does not respond, I will settle for the one I have in hand. Ali don't want to know. Useless pieces of dirt.

Ordered from Ali again, different item, ordered in September, had to pay first, no COD available. Item never received, Tracking showed delivered. Asked for POD, they do not respond. Told Ali, they say item already delivered, nothing they can do. Contacted the seller, item delivered, not interested, still no reply from shipper (YOUSUN) still an on going thing. Going nowhere. Never will pay for anything in advance again and will always check delivery before paying. Bunch of thieves who don't care about the buyer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, remobb said:

A bit further. I ordered through AliExpress. Item was for 2 pieces at 600bht. Received and paid, opened the package only 1 item. Tried contacting the seller, no response, tried Ali, they said send it back. Yeh sure, send the one back to a company that does not respond, I will settle for the one I have in hand. Ali don't want to know. Useless pieces of dirt.

Ordered from Ali again, different item, ordered in September, had to pay first, no COD available. Item never received, Tracking showed delivered. Asked for POD, they do not respond. Told Ali, they say item already delivered, nothing they can do. Contacted the seller, item delivered, not interested, still no reply from shipper (YOUSUN) still an on going thing. Going nowhere. Never will pay for anything in advance again and will always check delivery before paying. Bunch of thieves who don't care about the buyer.

Actually suspect the sellers say the same about us customers - there are many who make untrue claims - so it is a two way street.  Another big factor is that many items are drop shipped so seller has no control on what is actually sent so they are subject to double whammy of customers trying to get free items and shippers either not caring or also ripping off.  That said the selling platforms should indeed be more customer orientated.  But they often only see the direct money coming from sellers rather than source being buyers.   As for the platform mentioned I ceased using years ago as just too unreliable delivery times - although got most items at some point (often too late to be used).

Just noted this thread was about fake COD deliveries to obtain cash - so above seems to be off-topic.  ????

49 minutes ago, remobb said:

Also ordered with L & paid by cc then driver arrives with parcel asks my DIL for cash, she pays. Multiple messages about refund ignored. Plus the item turns up second time, driver asks for cash. Call L they insist I pay driver. I repeat 'already delivered early this morning'. L 'must pay'.  Sent driver away. With ALibarba or alipay never ever had a problem in several countries. 

Never order COD it's wide open to scams.

For example, you order an expensive item COD on Lazada, it arrives and it's a housebrick, you complain to Lazada and they tell you that you didn't order it on their platform so get lost.

And Lazada are correct, you didn't complete the sale on Lazada.

Can you work out what happened?  and btw, it happens all the time.

If you can't work out what happened, ask me and I will tell you.

1 hour ago, remobb said:

That happened to me too, also through Shopee, order 4 (legs) and get 1 sent, with exact the same experience, after complaining they promised to send the other 3 but never get.

18 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Never order COD it's wide open to scams.

For example, you order an expensive item COD on Lazada, it arrives and it's a housebrick, you complain to Lazada and they tell you that you didn't order it on their platform so get lost.

And Lazada are correct, you didn't complete the sale on Lazada.

Can you work out what happened?  and btw, it happens all the time.

If you can't work out what happened, ask me and I will tell you.

I used Lazada COD for years and never had any issues at all.  I use CC now and still no issues - any item not sent is quickly credited back to CC.  This thread was about items having your name/address that were not ordered - scam COD which is common these days and probably nothing to do with selling platforms or members but just someone using system delivery systems to scam and change name before doing next time.

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I used Lazada COD for years and never had any issues at all.  I use CC now and still no issues - any item not sent is quickly credited back to CC.  This thread was about items having your name/address that were not ordered - scam COD which is common these days and probably nothing to do with selling platforms or members but just someone using system delivery systems to scam and change name before doing next time.

And the scam I posted was exactly that.  Item's arriving COD that Lazada tell you that you didn't order (the difference with this scam, is you think you did)

On 12/14/2022 at 12:19 PM, CharlieH said:

Easy really, just refuse the delivery. ???? the parcel is then returned to sender.

But unfortunately the driver/rider has used his/her time, gasoline, vehicle wear and tear, perhaps it's even a rented vehicle, etc., and no compensation/income. 

I have opposite experience.

We have received package (2 hoodies) that we did not order. It was in a name of a family member, that no longer live with us . And he did not order it either. It was for free. We were told that it is some kind of scam, once you receive it, next time you will get paid package .... 6 months later no problems, 2 free cool hoodies for free. ????

Wonder how many more COD scam threads will be needed before people move to pay via card.

@remobb have you opened a dispute with your bank? Just get your money back if the seller plays funny games. This not just returns the money to you but also makes the card processor punish the merchant which can really hurt.