Savanakhet Non O report

15 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Incorrect, a KR2 is proof from the amphur that the marraige is still valid, nothing to do with a name change.

Also been to get Non O at Savankhet many times, not once asked for KR2, but for marriage extension it was one of the 100,000,000,000,001 documents they demanded.

They only open 1500-1600 ish, so from when you wake up until then what would you suggest?

The kr2 is only proven to be valid if you obtain a letter on the day of your marriage extension from a local Amphur office confirming it is still valid and no divorce has occurred.

And is required for in country extensions, wether Savannakhet is now including this is uncertain as the OP still got his visa.

7 hours ago, bobandyson said:

What would be the point in that anyway.

It proves you've entered the country legally.

Normally the an behind the window gives back the forms he does not want, he kept the copy of entry visa so i assume he wanted it.

10 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Most of the foreigners i have seen at Thai consulates in asia have been other asians.

over the years i'd guess out of the people i've seen it's been max 5% farangs.

I would say 5 % is a little bit low. Maybe 10 - 15 % but still low. However, I was never talking about the difference in any percentage. You know what foreigners I mean in my post. Therefore, no need to complicate with irrelevant info to avoid the subject.