Russia warns of ‘unpredictable consequences’ if US sends Patriot missiles to Ukraine

Scott

55 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

I am not sure I agree.

Neither the US, nor Russia has won a war since WW2. I don't think the US have the teeth for anything other than a prolonged conflict with no actual result - which is what we saw in the middle east and Afghanistan.

I think the only way this ends is with Putin dead or Ukraine acquiescing. I don't see US/EU or Russia winning in any conventional sense. 

It's NATO vs Russia so your analogy makes little sense.

Ever thought of it, that it might not only be Russia?

Ok, maybe the Putin gang then as opposition to the west gang.

Or was Putin manipulated by the west? How to trigger a dangerous man to games.

Red this morning, Russian "soldiers" found with wikipedia print explaining, how a Kalashnikov works! Guns of 50 years old with even no bullets. The guys werent even soldiers.

Yes, I can imagine why all the Russian men were/are fleeing from Russia. Why wouldnt you when your government wants you dead.

Afghanistan just past after 20 years and what is the outcome, nothing! We delayed on what is now, with high costs on money and lives. Great.

Yemen is already at war for 9 years, no one goes there.

USA, sorry, but it is as bad as any other country. They only want world domination to their point of view. They trade one mans life for oil.

The past 22 years of the new age, i see so many negative changes and it is the question where to it leads, 10 billion movie of National Geographics?

I sure have no faith in any group are government or their actions.

A new thread is coming up, you being digitised and governments in power to block at any time your earned money. They will be in control

what you can or might spend of it. Great.

Every where cams, where they can record your face and with facial recognition, can see what your mood and plans are.

An algorithm decide if you are taken from street then.

Like in China already. 

Walking red light? Auto fine and after 3 times, you are blocked from your money and or other services.

I sure hope reincarnation doesnt exist, as I wouldnt like to be back on this planet ever. Me being pessimistic? yup.

Humans are clever but sadly we are on a road to nowhere.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

USA, sorry, but it is as bad as any other country. They only want world domination to their point of view. They trade one mans life for oil.

Something like this was said once by JFK:

– We are only 6% of the world's population

– We cannot force our will on other 94% 

– The American solution cannot be applied to every world problem

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Something like this was said once by JFK:

– We are only 6% of the world's population

– We cannot force our will on other 94% 

– The American solution cannot be applied to every world problem

I guess when the specifics of a case are against you, one way to wriggle out of it is to cite generalities.

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Did somebody twist your arm to make you cite it on these pages? Is it just a comment that you randomly decided to post?

Nobody twisted my arm.  Is it how you understand the famous advice of one big man that's the only way how people are allowed to speak? 

My comment was to a previous post, seems that you do not read properly. 

2 hours ago, rabas said:

The full transcript of Kennedy's speech is here:  JFK library.

The tone of Kennedy's speech is directly opposite that of your out of context quote. He was calling out bad guys like the USSR and Mr. Putin, to come. A few sentences:

"We cannot, as a free nation, compete with our adversaries in tactics of terror, assassination, false promises, counterfeit mobs and crises. "  (Putin's Polonium and nerve gas)

"We possess weapons of tremendous power--but they are least effective in combating the weapons most often used by freedom's foes: subversion, infiltration, guerrilla warfare, civil disorder. "

"And while we believe not only in the force of arms but in the force of right and reason, we have learned that reason does not always appeal to unreasonable men."

The opposite of your misquote.

My quote was not the exact JFK's words, however, when you say it's "my misquote", then it's not true, you disseminate a disinformation. 

And I did not get that he spoke against Putin and polonium.

Anyway, anybody has the chance to read the speech as per his own comprehension.    

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/19/2022 at 2:19 PM, ozimoron said:

It's NATO vs Russia so your analogy makes little sense.

Nope. As has been mentioned by other users, wars are no longer won by superpowers.

Russia wont win, much better if the military industrial complex on both sides get $$$$ from a prolonged conflict.