Party on for New Year, say Bangkok officials, but don’t forget your face mask

webfact

4 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm…… the conundrum of Thailand. The obsessive wearing of masks when not required, while routinely slaughtering each other on the roads every day(TIT)

Smog season is here, so mask wearing is a good choice for some ... if a proper mask, that's worn properly, which I've yet to see on anyone, at anytime, the past 3 years.

anything can happen before the NY, even just a day before, to cancel all celebrations. Still 13 days left to make that decision.

Pheua Thai has already cancelled planned activities for this weekend and postponed them to the next year (topic posted yesterday is just below). The other parties, organisations will follow that trend.

Important announcements might be coming #korat

As to masks - each organiser has to follow the governor's licence to hold parties. Entirely to each province to set their own rules for such parties.

Omicron is still here and will last for sometimes, cold weather is a factor - people staying indoors, rather than in fresh air. 

Some important people infected just yesterday. Gradually there would be more such infections

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, internationalism said:

anything can happen before the NY, even just a day before, to cancel all celebrations.

Pheua Thai has already cancelled planned activities for this weekend and postponed them to the next year (topic posted yesterday is just below). The other parties, organisations will follow that trend.

Important announcements might be coming #korat

As to masks - each organiser has to follow the governor's licence to hold parties. Entirely to each province to set their own rules for such parties.

Yet that won't stop the forums anti-maskers from saying there is no law and blah blah blah.....well said @internationalism

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mad mick said:

What load bs face mask theatre still continues! Would no bother going out too any event says  wear face mask ! Its ok take off ???? eat ???? or back on ???? off ???? same old covid control theatre continues  happy new year ???????????????? WEF ???????? WHO 

You really need to keep the kids away from your keyboard 

37 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Rubbish.

Never saw a facemask in general public prior to 2019.

OK ... so you never been to TH pre 2019.

Nobody wearing in 2018 ... and yet ...

image.png.61255bbd8799a96e7a1758337884164c.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, JayClay said:

What's more surprising to me is the amount of people that seem bothered by other people wearing masks by choice .

They want a normal life in the country they choose to live in before this whole theatre started.

Many have families and businesses here and are reluctant to leave, but cannot stand to see into masked lifeless faces everyday.

While where I live in Thailand there are no masks anymore, I can understand them and feel them. You sir must be very soul-less.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

No, some us wear them to reduce the risk. Nothing to do with compliance or brainwashing or being told what to do. The obsession comes from those of you who chose to ignore the facts and made mask wearing political. That weird trend started in America (no surprise there) and spread to other western countries. 

The risk right now is very, very low. It is a very minor calculated risk, in exchange for the paranoia, discomfort, and limitations of mask wearing. 

42 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The risk right now is very, very low. It is a very minor calculated risk, in exchange for the paranoia, discomfort, and limitations of mask wearing. 

I have just returned from the dangerous outside world here in Central Pattaya. An elderly Farang couple on a motorcycle almost hit me at a crosswalk because they didn't care about the red light... They drove at high speed between the stopped cars. Speaking of masks. I see more and more people using them again. Why not? Would I complain about someone walking around with an umbrella? No. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Rubbish.

Never saw a facemask in general public prior to 2019.

Sure, some occupations wear a balaclava or 'kerchief.

People did not travel on the BTS or a taxi 4 years ago wearing masks.

Sheer folly.????????

Oh so the pollution never had an effect ?  Use your brain!! 

No need to wear masks but guess what? Majority still do.  Get on the BTS and every single thai is masked

What village are you in because your certainly not in Bangkok

Edited by whereyougo

2 hours ago, FarAway said:

They want a normal life in the country they choose to live in before this whole theatre started.

Many have families and businesses here and are reluctant to leave, but cannot stand to see into masked lifeless faces everyday.

While where I live in Thailand there are no masks anymore, I can understand them and feel them. You sir must be very soul-less.

Weird, really weird 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

the paranoia, discomfort, and limitations of mask wearing. 

One of your many issues apparently. I’m not paranoid,,I feel no discomfort and I am not limited in any way by wearing a mask. This weird obsession of yours could probably do with some therapy.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, FarAway said:

When this happened?

5 weeks ago, first on a train from Don Mung Station to Chiang Mai then on an inter-provincial bus between Chiang Mai and Khon Kaen. On a similar bus from Khon Kaen back to DMK, I was not ordered to wear a mask. During the rest of my time visiting friends in Thailand, I remained "mask-less". 

6 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

5 weeks ago, first on a train from Don Mung Station to Chiang Mai then on an inter-provincial bus between Chiang Mai and Khon Kaen. On a similar bus from Khon Kaen back to DMK, I was not ordered to wear a mask. During the rest of my time visiting friends in Thailand, I remained "mask-less". 

Wow ....You hero.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Nothing to be proud of. Thais will just frown and see you as one of THOSE farangs 

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2022 at 12:36 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

I believe it's been lifted.  It remains to be seen what "required to" and "expected to" means in practice.  That said, most Thais seem happy to still wear masks.

Because they think they are protecting themselves from us ' dirty foreigners ' then they go home, take them off and sit and eat from communal bowls.

They sit,shouting and speaking loudly with others that have just arrived from other provinces, and gossiping with family members who have been who knows where..

No hand washing (many don't even have soap in the toilet, you ever used toilets in service stations?) but mask wearing in the supermarket protects them against everything.

They don't even get it that the mask wearing is to protect others from them.

It's all ignorance and face saving with no substance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Nothing to be proud of. Thais will just frown and see you as one of THOSE farangs 

I recently returned from the UK and traveled, in transit, through Doha with Qatar air.

There was nobody wearing masks on the flight with the exception of the cabin crew and that was similar in Doha airport.

The restaurant waiters, bar staff and customer care were mask less, although those dispensing food did wear masks.

In the UK Covid is no longer mentioned and nobody was wearing masks.

In Thailand, the Health ministry is saying that they believe ' most Thais to be immune ' and are dropping even recommendations on mask wearing early in the New Year.

So now you expect me, after 5 vaccinations, to don a mask to keep upcountry Thais ' happy ' many of whom have not even bothered or been vaccinated due to ' old wives tales from the village '

Edited by Scouse123
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, FarAway said:

You moved to Thailand for a "normal life"?

How's that working out for you?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/17/2022 at 12:48 PM, MRToMRT said:

It continues to surprise me, the mask wearing in the street by 95% of Bangkok pop from what I can see, that is.

Is it realistic or is it mind washing? 

Nearly as high as wearing pants!

On 12/17/2022 at 1:38 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Its the ‘contagion effect’ and prevalent in conformist societies.

What surprises me is the degree of conformity exampled by so many people still wearing masks, no one wants to be the ‘odd one out’ and take their mask off.....  So we have this mass conformity. 

Meanwhile, we see overwhelming lawlessness on the roads etc (not wearing helmets, jumping lights etc).... Thailand really is an enigma.

Well done, nonsense, deflection and strawman arguments all intertwined. 

• Like 1