Is it really possible to be here with 6 years overstay

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"I know so many cases..."

Do you?  Personally?  Any examples that aren't hearsay, conjecture o speculation?

Happened to me , I had a minor cut that got infected which quickly spread because I was unable to get to a hospital and when I got to a hospital they were considering an amputation but they would try some anti biotics first  and they wouldn't give my any treatment at all until I had paid .

I was in a hospital begging for an injection to take the pain away ........................and then I had to go outside to find an ATM to make a withdrawal to pay .

The infection would have killed me, had I not paid

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Do you?  Personally?  Any examples that aren't hearsay, conjecture o speculation?

Happened to me , I had a minor cut that got infected which quickly spread because I was unable to get to a hospital and when I got to a hospital they were considering an amputation but they would try some anti biotics first  and they wouldn't give my any treatment at all until I had paid .

I was in a hospital begging for an injection to take the pain away ........................and then I had to go outside to find an ATM to make a withdrawal to pay .

You have my sympathy, but I was asking him because he said that he knows of "so many cases in which emergency care" was refused.

I went to Camillian Hospital with a ruptured appendix, a life-threatening condition, and was given immediate assistance.  In the Emergency Room while the initial examination was being made I was asked how I would be paying. I told then with cash and showed USD500 that I had on me.  They didn't take it but were perfectly happy with that to proceed even though it was nowhere near enough to cover the emergency surgery and subsequent hospitalisation costs.

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I do know several personally. I will not put the hospital names and the names of affected here for obvious reasons. But let's say one is in off Petchaburi road, another is in near Rama 9, one more in Thonburi. Then of course there are several reports of patients dying when not being treated for not paying up-front and being sent elsewhere (hospital off Rama 9 road) - that was published in the media and was similar situation to a friend of mine.

Your turn now to prove it doesn't happen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I do know several personally. I will not put the hospital names and the names of affected here for obvious reasons. But let's say one is in off Petchaburi road, another is in near Rama 9, one more in Thonburi.

I wasn't asking for names, obviously, but you didn't give any information about your personal experiences of emergency care that was refused, or the circumstances in general, and you referred to two, not "so many" so I'll read into that that you do not personally know of "so many" after all.

On 12/17/2022 at 10:31 PM, proton said:

It has affected us as they made us keep the cash longer in the bank to try and stop the fraudsters, obviously it did not work. Nothing sad about getting rid of people who have no right to be here.

This is wrong, what had an impact was when the overstays led to a ban. And then, you should not look only in relation to your situation and your Retired Visa. There are other visas and other scenarios.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Wiping out pensions and war, is just ridiculous to mention, as that is mostly besides what the problems for people are.

So you accept that there is a limit to just how much of a "safety net" people can build up. Therefore just how big that safety net should be is a subjective measure.

There are plenty of people who started their adventure here with a nest-egg that would have seemed like more than plenty to the average onlooker. But bad luck doesn't just happen to the unprepared. It can strike anybody at any time. A family emergency here, a medical bill there, an investment or two taking a bad turn... things can go south very quickly. I personally think these people deserve a bit of compassion, as opposed to apathetic "I told you so"s from gloating know-it-alls.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So, if you do not have a safety net, then make a family in your own country, and you will still have your pension.

Assuming your home country social net supports your widow and children adequately should you die unexpectedly (which most countries do not) that would support the proposition that you should wait until you are about 60 years old to have a family. Of course, you should have life insurance once you start a family, but there is no guarantee that the life insurance company will be able to pay out if you die during a financial crisis.

On 12/18/2022 at 5:24 AM, Gottfrid said:

Sure, but then comes the intelligent question. How can one be so stupid, to start a relationship and a family knowing that one can´t really take the responsibility that follows such decision?

No, that's absolutely not a smart question. Rather the opposite. It's just showing that you are completely incapable of understanding a situation outside of your personal case.

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2022 at 9:51 PM, proton said:

I despise over stayers and those with illegal extensions, just makes it harder for the rest of us doing things legally and respecting the law. I would report anyone breaking the law by overstaying for years, up to me.

By the way, I remind you that many Jews died during the 2nd World War because of denunciations made by people "who followed the law"
The law in Thailand, thank you for the joke. It might be time to scratch behind the idyllic postcard. Watch out for shock!

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If it had progressed to the point where an amputation was immediately necessary to save your life, you would likely have been sent to the nearest public hospital where the amputation would have been done. If unable to pay, you would be reported to the police who would arrange your deportation as soon as practically possible. Most people (like yourself) will decide it is prudent to agree to pay before matters reach such a critical stage.

I have recent knowledge of an acquaintance who was, as a pedestrian, involved in a serious traffic accident. He was delivered to a local public hospital in a coma, and was treated in the ICU without the hospital even knowing his identity.

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, proton said:

I would report overstayers, child abusers, yaba dealers and murderers. You cannot always look the other way and be afraid of being labeled vindictive or a busy body.

Why only Yaba ? Are you on coke, Ice...oh no, I believe you take LSD !!! 
What about thieves? is this ok for you? 
As it seems you have spare time, I suggest that you start with Lazada. It's amazing all what you can fing when digging a litte bit : Counterfeits, drug ustensils and you can even launder money with shops in China that sell "collectible notes". I had even spotted a bronze for printing fake dollars, a press for weed when it was still illegal...Honestly, you're going to have a lot of fun.
I wanted to create a facebook page named "Lazaweird" ????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If it had progressed to the point where an amputation was immediately necessary to save your life, you would likely have been sent to the nearest public hospital where the amputation would have been done. If unable to pay, you would be reported to the police who would arrange your deportation as soon as practically possible. Most people (like yourself) will decide it is prudent to agree to pay before matters reach such a critical stage.

I have recent knowledge of an acquaintance who was, as a pedestrian, involved in a serious traffic accident. He was delivered to a local public hospital in a coma, and was treated in the ICU without the hospital even knowing his identity.

I had had the infection for about a week before I managed to get to a hospital and it was quite serious , they were going to put me on a drip with anti biotics in it to try and get rid of the infection and it that hadn't worked, they would have had to amputate . 

I had a western ATM card to pay , but they wouldn't accept that and so I had to go outside the hospital and find a ATM to make a withdrawal to pay , it was just a few thousand baht at that time 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BE88 said:

Are you in the same situation then?

I'm happy if when you say living in the wilderness in Isaan is like being in prison. I don;t agree.

If you are on overstay, simply swim across to Laos and go from there.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I had had the infection for about a week before I managed to get to a hospital and it was quite serious , they were going to put me on a drip with anti biotics in it to try and get rid of the infection and it that hadn't worked, they would have had to amputate . 

I had a western ATM card to pay , but they wouldn't accept that and so I had to go outside the hospital and find a ATM to make a withdrawal to pay , it was just a few thousand baht at that time 

I would just point out that emergency care is only legally a requirement if the issue is immediately life threatening. Had you refused to pay, they would have waited until there was no alternative to an emergency amputation. You wisely decided to pay.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I'm happy if when you say living in the wilderness in Isaan is like being in prison. I don;t agree.

Don't change what I wrote, I didn't say all of Isaan but don't go out of a small village in Isaan as it has been reported.
To swim across the Mekong I wish you good luck.????

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is an ATM now called a bank? And when I use an ATM I use it with my ATM card, I don't need a passport for that.

Your missing the point. A passport is needed to open the bank account which provides the ATM card. The ATM card is replaced by the bank every 2 to 3 years, you need your passport when getting the replacement ATM card.

On 12/17/2022 at 5:41 PM, BE88 said:

Living without going out in a small town in Issan is like feeling in confined prison, did he tell you why he doesn't renew his visa?

"""""Don't change what I wrote, I didn't say all of Isaan but don't go out of a small village in Isaan as it has been reported.
To swim across the Mekong I wish you good luck.????"""""

The going can be hard when the river is in full flow. But if you are not that great a swimmer; hire a boat and rower.

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You would need an entry/Exit stamp from Laos in your passport to be allowed to enter Thailand and you wouldn't have that it you entered Laos illegally 

The fee to leave Laos without 'correct' documentation was 30k baht a few years back. I helped to get someone back to Thailand.

Edited by owl sees all

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Swimming the Mekong is quite risky eather, but I heard Thais are crossing it with people everynight (in boats). Don't ask me where I have no clue 555

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

The fee to leave Laos without 'correct' documentation was 30k baht a few years back. I helped to get someone back to Thailand.

Same here with good connections but with the covid situation the price "would have" jumped to 70,000.
But I remain very skeptical about this kind of information. There is a competition between foreigners here who all claim to "know Thailand better than anyone" and therefore talk a lot of <deleted> when an "I don't know" is so simple!!!
There's always a guy to pretend he knows some super important guy at the police or immigration and he can do whatever he wants blah blah.
So I repeat what I heard for the purpose of this topic, but I am unable to say whether it is true or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardano said:

Your missing the point. A passport is needed to open the bank account which provides the ATM card. The ATM card is replaced by the bank every 2 to 3 years, you need your passport when getting the replacement ATM card.

And now they check the visa as well. Same for Western Union 

1 hour ago, Cardano said:

I changed my ATM card the week before last.

Didn't have my passport. But they accepted my Pink ID and Thai DL.