Jeremy Clarkson says he is 'horrified' over Meghan column

Scott

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

King Charles is the King though and because he's old and the King, he has the right to have a moan at his servants .

The servants are there to serve the Royal Family and Megan isn't the Queen and it could be argued that Megan is also there to serve a member of the Royal Family , rather than being a natural Royal family member herself

Utter nonsense. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

10 hours ago, James105 said:

At least he didn't ask her where she was from as that would have been racist.   

Well done Clarkson for not actually apologising, and well done in advance to Amazon for (probably) renewing Clarksons farm, Grand Tour etc and not bowing down to the mob who love to see people lose their jobs, especially when they have the temerity to make jokes that those without a sense of humour will never be able to understand in this lifetime or the next.    At least he is punching up, can't get much higher up than royalty now can we?

Seems like he apologised to me. Perhaps you see it differently.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, xylophone said:

Agree with you on that and although the late Queen was, IMO, an admirable person, Prince Philip was a racist bigot and the whole family has outlived its usefulness, and as for Charles becoming King, well this was in my local paper and I totally agree with it: –

"King Charles' pen tantrums expose him as an overindulged man-child.......
There is no escaping that the new King is a man who has been waited on hand and foot his entire life.
But a new video showing the King having – another – tantrum while on the job raises the question, is he something of an overindulged man-child?".

In fact I would call him a silly old duffer and that's being kind. 

Back on track, I think Meghan has cunningly snaffled herself a Prince who is too silly to understand what she's all about, but on the downside, she didn't realise what she had let herself in for........... Som nam na Meghan.

I wrote before he became king that I hoped he would decline, or at least abdicate shortly after assuming the kingship. Sadly I am disappointed that he means to serve out his time in the big chair. I stand by my opinion that only William can save the institution, and IMO the longer Charles remains king the less likely there will be an institution to pass on to William ( perhaps just in England ).

I thought that at the least Charles would remember what it felt like to be the king in waiting for so long, but seems that he just wants to be king too much.

21 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Could you clarify, has Jerry actually said that and meant it seriously ?

No, i didnt say, Clarkson said that.

It is about his hate and which he hated the most.

From that point, I came with the fictional case of shooting one or the other. To show the hate he must have for Meghan, only as she was mocking about some stupid protocol.

He hates her more for that then someone killing 12 young girls, then you really lost it.

A king, queen are nothing more then "humans" , but were put in a stupid level of "importance". They are not and history tells, lots of people agreed to that and ended that existence.

It is a miracle it even still exist in this time.

However those ones replaced didnt bring up better people in control. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Exactly the double standard I was pointing out.  Excuses made for Charles, Megan thrown under the bus.  If the Palace wanted to, they could have protected her, as they fiercely do other members of the Firm, such as Kate.   But, in this case, the ridiculous allegations were leaked by the Palace, itself, right before the Oprah Winfrey interview, timed to cause maximum damage to her.  The staff abuse story was leaked and came out in the newspaper March 4, 2021; the Oprah interview aired March 7, 2021.   

Perhaps they knew what she was going to say about them.

If anyone deserves throwing under the bus it's the whining couple for attacking their family in public.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The idea that Clarkson is toast for mocking her is so silly that I had a good laugh over that one.

Every time they whine about the royals on US tv they lose British people's support.

You seem to think Americans care about the monarchy.  They don't.  The Royal family has no effect on Americans, so they are up there with the Kardashians and any other Hollywood/social media based entity.  Opinions are not particularly polarizing.  

Look, Americans love the queen. In a YouGov poll taken last year, 68 percent of Americans expressed a favorable view of the queen against the 14 percent who held an unfavorable view. They aren't as fond of the new reigning monarch. Charles only has a 34 percent favorable rating.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/danabramslive/abrams-why-are-americans-so-obsessed-with-british-royalty/#:~:text=Look%2C Americans love the queen,a 34 percent favorable rating.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps they knew what she was going to say about them.

If anyone deserves throwing under the bus it's the whining couple for attacking their family in public.

That has got to be the most ludicrous comment on this thread so far, and there has been a lot of competition for that accolade (on this page alone). 

If the windsors knew what MM was going to say, then what was said must be true, otherwise how would they know. 

If it is not true, then how on earth could they know what would be said?

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Credo said:

You seem to think Americans care about the monarchy.  They don't.  The Royal family has no effect on Americans, so they are up there with the Kardashians and any other Hollywood/social media based entity.  Opinions are not particularly polarizing.  

Look, Americans love the queen. In a YouGov poll taken last year, 68 percent of Americans expressed a favorable view of the queen against the 14 percent who held an unfavorable view. They aren't as fond of the new reigning monarch. Charles only has a 34 percent favorable rating.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/danabramslive/abrams-why-are-americans-so-obsessed-with-british-royalty/#:~:text=Look%2C Americans love the queen,a 34 percent favorable rating.

No idea why that is relevant. Only the British can make Jeremy toast.

Do you not comprehend that "Every time they whine about the royals on US tv they lose British people's support" has nothing to do with American's opinion of the British royals?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

That has got to be the most ludicrous comment on this thread so far, and there has been a lot of competition for that accolade (on this page alone). 

If the windsors knew what MM was going to say, then what was said must be true, otherwise how would they know. 

If it is not true, then how on earth could they know what would be said?

Easy.

They could have made a threat. For example, if our children don't get titles then we are going to say x,y, and z. I certainly wouldn't put anything past this lying, machiavellian couple. 

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Easy.

They could have made a threat. For example, if our children don't get titles then we are going to say x,y, and z. I certainly wouldn't put anything past this lying, machiavellian couple. 

Ah, TBL has competition. 

Ocram’s razor does not equate with your ‘ah but what if’ theories. 

Edited by Bluespunk
but but but replaced with italicised above