Best Internet service provider

gungadin1

I've had True (hated them), then 3BB (to get away from True), then AIS (because of Playbox, to get away from TrueVisions), and now... well, True again as they are the only ones that provide high speed (that means over 1Gbps up/down) connection at this condo.

While True was pathetic 15 years ago, and 3BB such a breeze to deal with I actually didn't want to cancel their line for nearly a year although I already had AIS fiber... I should say that I have not had much problems with them. A couple of issues when the data center for the area had outage that lasted an hour or so, that's once a year maybe. During that time they gave 5 GB or 10 GB of additional data by code to mobile phone's internet plan... which I never used. But overall, they are responsive, clear in answers, and provide a very fast service. One annoying thing is all in one router (doesn't have that external fiber modem) from Huawei. While it's fast and LAN very reliable, it has drop-outs on WiFi. After True did all they could to bring it down to 1-2 times a day, 10-20 seconds outage (very annoying when it was happening often), I've eventually given up, and got another Wifi router. Absolutely no complaints since.

AIS was very good, much cheaper (in package with Platinum TV package) and also very good to deal with. It's just pity they max out at 250 Mbps at my place, else I'd stay with them. Their ZTE router was very fast and reliable. In many years of using their service I've never had a single problem with it.

3BB at least was great years back but no idea how they are now. They did make it easy to return router and cancel the subscription though.

ToT was... terrible. Speed was awful internationally, and even locally it never came anywhere near the agreed speed package. CAT not bad at all. Reliable and quite fast. I don't know how this works now that the 2 merged for new customers, but those who were on CAT from before merger, it's actually very fast and reliable.... BUT... they are government company. Meaning, they don't do anything remotely, have to go to their branch during office hours only for ANYTHING. Which is a real pain. Taking a day off just to go talk to your telecom... Don't know if it's any different in Bangkok, but while True/3BB/AIS/True again are in Bangkok, the CAT is not at this place but a bit south. Though... to cancel TOT (True sold my fixed line to TOT some years back, which I never bothered to cancel despite not using it... for that 107 baht a month it wasn't worth a hassle) I had to go to TOT office. That was in Bangkok 2 years back.

Never had any other, so can't comment.

I have used tot for the last 15 years.

Never had many problems.

Always quick to fix if a problem which is rare.

Saying that I am looking at changing to Ais or True only because of football on the True or using ais as a package with a sim.

Problem is I feel I might regret the good Internet service from tot

On 12/22/2022 at 8:02 AM, KannikaP said:

Maybe your router has gone t**ts up. Do you have a LAN signal directly from the router, ie LAN cable directly into a PC or laptop.

3BB for five years and very little disruption here 'in the jungle'.

Electric guys had damaged cables in the road outside

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/22/2022 at 3:23 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

There is no such thing as the best.

One might be reliable and fast in location A but not in B or C.

Talk to the neighbors to find out what is best in your building/area.

Simple as that! 

• 3 months later...
On 12/23/2022 at 3:55 PM, tomazbodner said:

I've had True (hated them), then 3BB (to get away from True), then AIS (because of Playbox, to get away from TrueVisions), and now... well, True again as they are the only ones that provide high speed (that means over 1Gbps up/down) connection at this condo.

While True was pathetic 15 years ago, and 3BB such a breeze to deal with I actually didn't want to cancel their line for nearly a year although I already had AIS fiber... I should say that I have not had much problems with them. A couple of issues when the data center for the area had outage that lasted an hour or so, that's once a year maybe. During that time they gave 5 GB or 10 GB of additional data by code to mobile phone's internet plan... which I never used. But overall, they are responsive, clear in answers, and provide a very fast service. One annoying thing is all in one router (doesn't have that external fiber modem) from Huawei. While it's fast and LAN very reliable, it has drop-outs on WiFi. After True did all they could to bring it down to 1-2 times a day, 10-20 seconds outage (very annoying when it was happening often), I've eventually given up, and got another Wifi router. Absolutely no complaints since.

AIS was very good, much cheaper (in package with Platinum TV package) and also very good to deal with. It's just pity they max out at 250 Mbps at my place, else I'd stay with them. Their ZTE router was very fast and reliable. In many years of using their service I've never had a single problem with it.

3BB at least was great years back but no idea how they are now. They did make it easy to return router and cancel the subscription though.

ToT was... terrible. Speed was awful internationally, and even locally it never came anywhere near the agreed speed package. CAT not bad at all. Reliable and quite fast. I don't know how this works now that the 2 merged for new customers, but those who were on CAT from before merger, it's actually very fast and reliable.... BUT... they are government company. Meaning, they don't do anything remotely, have to go to their branch during office hours only for ANYTHING. Which is a real pain. Taking a day off just to go talk to your telecom... Don't know if it's any different in Bangkok, but while True/3BB/AIS/True again are in Bangkok, the CAT is not at this place but a bit south. Though... to cancel TOT (True sold my fixed line to TOT some years back, which I never bothered to cancel despite not using it... for that 107 baht a month it wasn't worth a hassle) I had to go to TOT office. That was in Bangkok 2 years back.

Never had any other, so can't comment.

Don't know about other provinces, but here in Bangkok I am using True 1gbit + 3BB 1gbit at my office and AIS 1gbit + TOT 1gbit at home and TOT (now NT) is hands down the best for international connections/downloads. I guess YMMV.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 4:16 PM, topt said:

Really relevant in a Pattaya forum and specific Pattaya thread..........:crazy:

Hence YMMV. But actually, afaik, it may be relevant since each of these providers use the same datacenter and NOC regardless of where they are deployed in Thailand.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Had "True" internet for around 10 years, never had an issue. No idea what the customer service is like, or even how to contact them as I have never needed to. Hopefully I never will 

It's all a bit automated but you can usually get to a lady who speaks good English on the phone. Things get fixed although all my issues in the last few years have been on the network and did not require a home visit.