Many Foreigners Donate Blood after Massive Shortage of Rh Negative Blood in Phuket

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Phuket – Foreigners donated blood after a massive shortage of Rh Negative in Phuket due to increasing numbers of foreigners who have been involved in accidents.

The donation yesterday (December 22nd) was held at the Central Floresta department store.

Doctor Weerasak Lorthongkam, the director of the Vachira Phuket Hospital told The Phuket Express, “In Thai people there are only 0.3 percent who have special blood types. 

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/12/23/many-foreigners-donate-blood-after-massive-shortage-of-rh-negative-blood-in-phuket/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-12-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 2

As a young man I would donate blood,  however when I learnt that it was then sold on for profit it dampened my enthusiasum which waned somewhat. Even as a young soldier in Hong Kong you got a can of beer or cup of coffee and nice biscuits ???? 

9 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Always good to see positive news stories.  I commend the people for donating 

Agreed. The only slight concern would be the quality of the viral screening process in Thailand. Presumably it is diligent for foreigners as well as Thais?

On 12/24/2022 at 6:46 AM, sqwakvfr said:

So the age rule and not being present in England during Mad Cow Disease outbreak barriers were waived?  

Not the age rule, they refused me. Not sure about mad cow disease, but I am pretty sure I have already had that.