Yes, Lazada again.

Crossy

Does anyone know how long after a parcel is set to the "Packed" status before the order is automatically cancelled and refunded?

• A little while back I ordered an item (located in Thailand), delivery was 2-3 days.
  • After a couple of days, the item was still "To Pack". At this point I could have cancelled, but I needed the item.
  • Then the status changed to "Packed", great thinks I something is actually happening. He even generated a valid Kerry tracking number.
  • Now after another 4 days (and a day after the last expected delivery date) I receive a message from the seller "Sorry, out of stock". Grrr.
  • But now I can't cancel the order because it's "Packed".
  • I've asked the seller to cancel the order from his end, of course there's been no response.

So, I'm assuming that if the seller never actually ships the item, it will eventually auto-cancel and refund. Anyone know just how long Lazada wait until cancelling an unshipped item?

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

So, I'm assuming that if the seller never actually ships the item, it will eventually auto-cancel and refund. Anyone know just how long Lazada wait until cancelling an unshipped item?

I'd assume it was being 'drop shipped' from China and was beyond the control of the local Lazada seller.

• Like 1

You can contact Lazada support in chat on website (and probably mobile app) and show them the status from seller, and they can terminate and refund quicker. If you got message from Lazada that order was cancelled with apology, then it will be automatically refunded, depending on payment method. In my case refunds were processed in minutes.

But yes, it is annoying, and worth to check the seller "ship on time" and reviews before ordering...