Pattaya New Year Countdown to go ahead with spectacular fireworks

snoop1130

27 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Will this be the only U-turn?

Have they got the the approval of the highest authority?

Thailand the land of U-turns.

I belived a Elected governor can overwrite PM rullings. 

3 minutes ago, damen said:

? Only elected governor is in Bangkok, so no relation to Pattaya. Governors are hire and fire by interior ministry which is under supervision of the PM.

And highest authority is someone else than PM.

Edited by KhunBENQ

" So the booking cancelations they were seeing will be reversed? "

I expect at a new higher price point.

Thailand the land of U-turns. "

Thailand the land HUB of U-turns.

Now I someone will wonder if it was all an elaborate ploy to get themselves/friends rooms late in the day.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, damen said:

Do you know much about how Thailands Governors are put in place? I think not. Bangkoks Governor is the only one who is elected by the people, and that's because it is its own administrative entity. The other provincial Governors are put in place by the Government.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/5-decades-of-governor-elections-that-have-shaped-modern-bangkok/

Edited by ThailandRyan

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Oh <deleted> make up your mind.... what a load of weak willed back pedaling nincompoops!

I would actually give them some credit for what is a bit of an iron balls decision.

Given the (unpublished) situation, the U turn must have had the the approval from THE highest authority. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

These types of decision and back pedaling happen often. The cannabis situation another example... it also happened frequently wrt covid procedures. I really don't care whether the fireworks go ahead or not, it is wrong that people who make plans are getting messed about from pillar to post....

They have iron balls until someone else pipes up!

This particular situation is somewhat different

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Do you know much about how Thailands Governors are put in place? I think not. Bangkoks Governor is the only one who is elected by the people, and that's because it is its own administrative entity. The other provincial Governors are put in place by the Government.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/5-decades-of-governor-elections-that-have-shaped-modern-bangkok/

Pattaya's mayor who appears to be making the decision was voted in by an election held in May this year.

Edited by kinyara
Addition
  • Like 2

"It seems that Pattaya authorities have changed their mind and will go ahead with the firework display at the New Year countdown celebration on December 31st."

They must have realized how much money they would lose? I bet TAT is pleased with the decision?

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It seems that Pattaya authorities have changed their mind and will go ahead with the firework display at the New Year countdown celebration on December 31st

On-off on-off  like a pair of Pattaya girls underwear.

Thai style indeed.