Former Trump White House aide told Jan. 6 panel Mark Meadows burned documents a dozen times during the transition period

Scott

image.png

The January 6 committee released another batch of transcripts Tuesday, including two more of its interviews with blockbuster witness Cassidy Hutchinson and testimony from several other Trump White House officials.

The transcripts shed new light on how then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows regularly burned documents during the transition period, according to Hutchinson. She also described how Meadows occasionally told staffers to keep some Oval Office meetings “close hold” and potentially omitted from official records.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/27/politics/january-6-transcripts-key-findings/index.html

CNN.jpg

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never said she was. I said that without proof of what was on the documents, her testimony is meaningless.

IMO no court would convict based on that testimony.

No, you used the words,  "Unless she prove".  Again, she doesn't have to prove anything.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Is there any fragment of a straw you won’t grasp in an attempt to avoid facing the facts surrounding Trump and his administration’s corruption and criminality?

It's a consequence of watching Fox News.  Their chyron should be a warning label.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Around June 2021, when it started looking like accountability would be questioned, the chatter among the political pundits (who have whispering friends) was that Meadows is going to be the fall guy.  Never did find out if it were true, but we may soon.  Fat chance of them succeeding in that ploy!

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never said she was. I said that without proof of what was on the documents, her testimony is meaningless.

IMO no court would convict based on that testimony.

They wouldn't try but this will put Meadows under the spotlight grand jury.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unless she prove what was on the burnt documents that's a bit meaningless.

I suspect she won't be looking for employment by any GOP entity in the future.

Cassidy Hutchinson is precisely the kind of person the GOP needs.

26 years old, taking the stand and telling the truth, regardless of the consequences to herself.

She put her country before her Political Party And before her self.

She’s an outstanding citizen.

Far too good for the traitors, insurrectionists and lackies to America’s enemies that is today’s GOP.

The icing on the cake is she’s a millennial, standing up and showing the haters how duty is done.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and can anyone prove he wasn't burning personal papers? Hardly proof a court of law would accept, but as pointed out, the committee isn't wasn't a court of law and has had no power to convict.

Do you think that testimony will be ignored by the special prosecutor?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never said she had to provide proof, but without proof she could say anything she likes and it won't mean a thing.

Well, I see you have nothing to say, so now you are just trolling.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1