What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

Just now, recom273 said:

There’s also Boss Level, doesn’t feature Gerard Butler, but again Frank Grillo, the guy who played the artist in billions, from the same writing / directing team.

We don’t seem to watch many movies these days, it’s easier for me to watch an episode or two of a good series than sit for 2.5 hours on a movie. Even if it was a bit cliched, the production, casting, score and effects applied in 3 episodes of the continental was a prime example, given the choice of that or the new MI time cruise offering? 

I'm the same. I watch mainly crime drama series. I only watch a movie if I haven't got anything better to watch. IMHO movies rely too much on special effects these days as opposed to good plots and good acting.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, recom273 said:

There’s also Boss Level, doesn’t feature Gerard Butler, but again Frank Grillo, the guy who played the artist in billions, from the same writing / directing team.

We don’t seem to watch many movies these days, it’s easier for me to watch an episode or two of a good series than sit for 2.5 hours on a movie. Even if it was a bit cliched, the production, casting, score and effects applied in 3 episodes of the continental was a prime example, given the choice of that or the new MI time cruise offering? 

Same here it was great crime. 

On 10/23/2023 at 10:30 AM, bamnutsak said:

Bodies Netflix

I'm 4 eps in and can recommend this. Can't comment much without spoiling, better to experience it with no foreknowledge

9/10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrJUDWRDTos

Enjoying Bosch: Legacy S02 Freevee. 4 eps in, two released per week. Classic Bosch. 9/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZpfJIpH0No

As with John Wick, Lance Reddick is missed.

Also enjoying Lessons in Chemistry, Apple TV+, but few here might find it interesting.

Same here and am enjoying this so far.

I saw a Doco on BBC iPlayer of Fleetwood Mac, and knew I just had to watch it because they are my favourite group of all time. So as soon as I had finished that I got online and managed to watch, IMO, one of the greatest live shows ever, which was performed in 1997 in LA and also featured the University of Southern California's Trojan Marching Band performing with them to Tusk, not a particularly brilliant song in its own right, but with the marching band included, it was fantastic.

Needless to say I spent the rest of the evening listening to the whole album – – simply brilliant and put me in a great mood for the day to come.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Hidden Assets Season 2 complete is now available on TGx. It's bundled with season 1. 

Hidden Assets.S01-S02.1080p.RTE.H264-Zero00 is the name.

10 hours ago, Henk Langeweg said:

site?

TGx = torrentgalaxy<dot>to

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2023 at 9:52 PM, xylophone said:

Rewatched a movie I had seen a few years ago (though fairly recent) as I couldn't remember key parts of it, and so pleased that I did. It was called, "Get Out"........very good acting, unusual plot and good ending. If you haven't seen it, then give it a go as it is currently on BBCiPlayer

I watched Get Out last night, yes, very good acting, unusual plot and good ending. Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, xylophone said:

I saw a Doco on BBC iPlayer of Fleetwood Mac, and knew I just had to watch it because they are my favourite group of all time. So as soon as I had finished that I got online and managed to watch, IMO, one of the greatest live shows ever, which was performed in 1997 in LA and also featured the University of Southern California's Trojan Marching Band performing with them to Tusk, not a particularly brilliant song in its own right, but with the marching band included, it was fantastic.

Needless to say I spent the rest of the evening listening to the whole album – – simply brilliant and put me in a great mood for the day to come.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, recom273 said:

Totally off-topic .. sorry.

I think FM have a special place in everyones heart, before we had a car stereo, we had some kind of mono brick cassette player that my mum would balance on her lap on family holidays, That would "blast" out Gold Dust Woman until the batteries ran out.. but have you ever heard Buckingham Nicks album? and then Peter Green's In The Skies. All good stuff.

Im currently watching Impuros or Impure .. A Brazilian drama, guy gets released from prison, the same day he discovers that his brother is working for a gang, he takes the money his brother is to deliver to the police to return to the gang. In the meantime the police kill his brother, and it continues. Very basic production in similar vein as earlier seasons of the El Marginal.

Thanks for reminding me about Impuros, @recom273. I tried to download it after @Will27 mentioned it earlier in this topic, but I had a couple of problems and forgot about it. Downloading seasons 1-3 of Impuros now from TGx.

• Thumbs Up 1

A not famous long time working comedian that I hadn't heard of before and neither have you.

But he had me laughing out loud and isn't that the point of comedians?

Weirdly I still get why he hasn't hit it big and likely never will. I can't put my finger on exactly why though.

Just watched a movie called; "The Man in The Glass Booth" and it was very heavy going despite a standout performance by Maximillian Schell.

Hard to fathom at first and gets harder to do after the halfway mark, but although the ending is not clear cut, one gets the gist of it at the end and it is intriguing to say the least.

Last night was movie night, No One Will Save You .. alien invasion movie, dialogue free - not really revolutionary, but interesting enough to hold our attention for 90 mins.

I was totally lost at the end, the movie ended in a dance sequence.

Edited by recom273
  • Thumbs Up 1

Went to see Killers of The Flower Moon at my fave cinema last week. 3 hours and 20 minutes long. Too much for me but it did get better as time went on ... and on ... and on.

De Niro on top form, Di Caprio less so.

The star is the story which was a new one for me. 

I see there is something of a hoo-ha about some cinemas having an interval during the film. I think it would benefit from a timely break, though I don't imagine an usherette will march down the aisle with a tray full of strawberry mivis and kioras. Shame.