What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

I watched Dream Scenario with Nicolas Cage tonight. I thought it was an OK watch and something a bit different. I would not give it the 7.1 it has on IMDB but still thought it was worth my time even if it was a bit slow.

Just watched the trailer before posting this and think it may have all the best bits of the movie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't mind this one.

Take a thrilling ride into the FBI's case book and hear from active agents, informants, undercover operatives and victims as they disclose the ingenious tactics and difficult judgment calls that make the FBI the world's most elite crime-fighting agency.

• Agree 1

Really enjoyed this one.

Nora and Hae Sung, two deeply connected childhood friends, are wrested apart after Nora's family emigrates from South Korea. Twenty years later, they are reunited for one fateful week as they confront notions of love and destiny.

7 hours ago, BigStar said:

No. "Simplistic, ahistorical rubbish." Read the reviews at

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28756878/reviews

You failed to grasp the context of my posting altogether. From your review on Russia I include the following review. Only Russian reference in the reviews too.

"So much is known about WW2 today, the contours of it, why it started and how it was won. The story could not be more relevant to today with Russia now using the same hellish methods and playbook"

Take time to read please and you also need to watch to understand how evil Russia leadership was. 

17 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Unfortunately, it's hard to trust anything written about history today, as much has been rewritten for political & social appeasement. 

Myself I disagree as I take time to explore the facts I read. Rarely do I feel like political bias is problematic. "Give me the facts, just the facts"

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Myself I disagree as I take time to explore the facts I read. Rarely do I feel like political bias is problematic. "Give me the facts, just the facts"

I believe the hilarity of this single post has won you my vote for poster of the year.

Congratulations! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

And even less of what you watch in documentaries.  

I've seen a few, on subjects I've lived through, and man, they sure did change a few things.  Along with things/history, I was taught in school, or I read & researched decades ago ... and again, amazing how documented history can change.

Edited by KhunLA

9 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I've seen a few, on subjects I've lived through, and man, they sure did change a few things.  Along with things/history, I was taught in school, or I read & researched decades ago ... and again, amazing how documented history can change.

Looks like you could do with better sourcing then...

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Seppius said:

Too much hammering his own view, not the best of RG, seems like he is struggling for new material

I'm a Gervais fan, but this was poor.

Full of old recycled jokes and just seemed to drop the"C" word for the sake of it.

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Yah yah. But key points in the series aren't factual, e. g., Italy vs Greece, so you didn't take time, having found an agreeable viewpoint. You'll get more truth in a series like World At War: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071075/. And told by a world-class narrator.

The reviewers note that the series does have an overlay of political agenda. Not surprising, as the director is has a typical liberal agenda. Nowadays that requires an anti-Russian stance.

Nobody here (well, least of all here, ha ha) has a high opinion of Russian leadership, past or present. But in a documentary we'd like to have an objective analysis. Like

43 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Yah yah. But key points in the series aren't factual, e. g., Italy vs Greece, so you didn't take time, having found an agreeable viewpoint. You'll get more truth in a series like World At War: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071075/. And told by a world-class narrator.

The reviewers note that the series does have an overlay of political agenda. Not surprising, as the director is has a typical liberal agenda. Nowadays that requires an anti-Russian stance.

Nobody here (well, least of all here, ha ha) has a high opinion of Russian leadership, past or present. But in a documentary we'd like to have an objective analysis. Like

Dude thinks "Orange is the New Black" is a documentary on women's prisons in the US. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just finished watching season 1 of Quirke and enjoyed it. It was brought to my attention by @oxo1947 earlier in this topic.

Have you seen River, Mutt---its one of the better crime series I watched---came out in 2016.....but they have just re-released it again, 8 on IMDB.....its really good.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/29/2023 at 12:48 PM, Seppius said:

Too much hammering his own view, not the best of RG, seems like he is struggling for new material

I thought it was pretty good, though it's the first time I've seen him. 

Almost stopped watching after the first ten minutes but then it picked up. I'd guess about 50% of the jokes were funny.

Alot of stuff went on too long. It was like; okay we get it was funny, move on, or like; dude, it's not funny, let it go. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Have you seen River, Mutt---its one of the better crime series I watched---came out in 2016.....but they have just re-released it again, 8 on IMDB.....its really good.

Looked at the trailer and it looks good. Searching for it now but can't find it anywhere. EDITED - ok, just found it!

Edited by mstevens

16 hours ago, BigStar said:

Total BS you do have an agenda. I enjoyed history at all costs and don't need your BS to help in any way

• Sad 1