What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

On 11/26/2023 at 10:00 AM, mikebell said:

Slow Horses S3 E1 out Dec. 1st.

The first two eps dropped today on Apple TV+

39 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I can see episode 2 for download but not 1?

Probably just the order early uploaders queued, give it a few minutes. Seeing some S03E01 now.

slowhorsess03.jpg

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Ferry: The Series

TBP

This is a follow-up series to Undercover and the prequel film Ferry.

Before "Undercover's" Ferry Bouman became a notorious drug lord, he had to rise from obscurity by ascending the ranks of Brabant's criminal underbelly.

How do you recommend to watch these movies/series? Sequence wise.

1 hour ago, mstevens said:

Can you please tell me where I can find episodes 3 - 6 as I cannot see them anywhere.

For S03 only the first two eps have been released, weekly for the next four eps.

This show is better binged IMO, but it's too good to wait. May re-watch all three seasons in the future.

So much can be missed; I had to rewatch Cartwright's "diamond snatch" set-up.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

This show is better binged IMO, but it's too good to wait.

Regarding that point, are there six individual episodes each with their own story, or do they run into one another as a whole?

Onto an entirely different subject, I spotted a three-part doco series on BBC iPlayer of Julius Caesar and I've watched the first two parts of it, but unfortunately was unable to watch the finale because......believe it or not my bloody usually reliable Smart DNS Proxy VPN started to misbehave and BBC iPlayer picked up on it, and there was nothing I could do to revisit the series (yes I switched off the VPN, tried Nord VPN, however will probably cover this in more detail on the VPN thread running here).

About the series – – very, very good and informative and it called on input from historians/scholars/scientists and just about anyone else with regard to Caesar's reign, and it really did set the record straight and I for one was so glad that I watched it because my understanding of Caesar and his time in power was seriously wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Replying to my own post, because I can't find a thread/posts which relate to VPNs, and I thought there was one?? So I will post on here what happened yesterday when I was watching Julius Caesar with my Smart DNS Proxy, which is usually brilliant and very reliable!

The series, three episodes, can run into one another if you are on the iPlayer, and am wondering if this has something to do with the fact that suddenly, when I was trying to get on to the last series, the dreaded message about, "not being available in my region/only available in the UK" or something like that came up so I couldn't watch it.

No problem I thought because I would switch to Nord, because I still have some months left on my original subscription, but that was no better and no matter how many times I reset it to try and change servers, the message still appeared and I couldn't get onto iPlayer!

So logged out of BBC, logged out of both VPNs, and then shut down the computer and waited awhile whilst I restarted it, but still to no avail, so I played around with the whole thing for a while and I found a solution....... when I eventually logged back on with Smart DNS, but didn't open any of the BBC programmes, I chose a different one completely than the Julius Caesar one I'd been watching, and then it worked, so I was able to get back onto the Julius Caesar one after that.

I was disappointed about this, but was more disappointed when Nord, supposedly the "King of VPNs" failed to work, and now that I've got my Smart DNS Proxy working again, I'll get back onto it tonight.

It got me wondering whether the techies at BBC have started working on being able to shut down access by a VPN – – any thoughts on this?

PS. If someone can find the VPN thread, then kindly move this on to it if you would be so good.

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Replying to my own post, because I can't find a thread/posts which relate to VPNs, and I thought there was one?? So I will post on here what happened yesterday when I was watching Julius Caesar with my Smart DNS Proxy, which is usually brilliant and very reliable!

The series, three episodes, can run into one another if you are on the iPlayer, and am wondering if this has something to do with the fact that suddenly, when I was trying to get on to the last series, the dreaded message about, "not being available in my region/only available in the UK" or something like that came up so I couldn't watch it.

No problem I thought because I would switch to Nord, because I still have some months left on my original subscription, but that was no better and no matter how many times I reset it to try and change servers, the message still appeared and I couldn't get onto iPlayer!

So logged out of BBC, logged out of both VPNs, and then shut down the computer and waited awhile whilst I restarted it, but still to no avail, so I played around with the whole thing for a while and I found a solution....... when I eventually logged back on with Smart DNS, but didn't open any of the BBC programmes, I chose a different one completely than the Julius Caesar one I'd been watching, and then it worked, so I was able to get back onto the Julius Caesar one after that.

I was disappointed about this, but was more disappointed when Nord, supposedly the "King of VPNs" failed to work, and now that I've got my Smart DNS Proxy working again, I'll get back onto it tonight.

It got me wondering whether the techies at BBC have started working on being able to shut down access by a VPN – – any thoughts on this?

PS. If someone can find the VPN thread, then kindly move this on to it if you would be so good.

I am watching "Time" on Iplayer now. Nord vpn server 2525.

15 hours ago, xylophone said:

I don't think there's a VPN thread. Go back and read my response to your questions in this thread about VPNs and smart dns when you were having issues months ago. No need to type it all in again. 

There should probably be a VPN thread. I wouldn't think any of that is illegal. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I don't think there's a VPN thread. Go back and read my response to your questions in this thread about VPNs and smart dns when you were having issues months ago. No need to type it all in again. 

There should probably be a VPN thread. I wouldn't think any of that is illegal. 

There's heaps of VPN threads in the IT and Computer forum.

This is the most current.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Will27 said:

There's heaps of VPN threads in the IT and Computer forum.

This is the most current.

That is just a collection of posts about what VPN everyone is using. Hardly explanatory of how VPNs work and why they sometimes fail. Track down my earlier post if that's what you're looking for. 

Edit: the earlier posts on VPN usage were around July 19th in this thread. 

Edited by gargamon

29 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Coming soon...

and...

Thanks for mentioning them. Neither seems compelling. In the first, the production values seem OK, but the plotline, from what I can tell, seems stereotypical, just replacing humans with monkeys.

Even the voiceover in the Terminator is amateurish. Looks like a pile of effects. I think it's another flop.

If you fans of the original Terminator haven't seen the series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, it's pretty good, 1st season the best of the two. Some amusing dialog and situations. Summer Glau's always nice to look at.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0851851/ 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Quirke............  BBC  2014....3 parts

They have just re released this--Gabriel Byrne plays the lead actor.. IMO top Actor, dont see enough of him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A chief pathologist in the Dublin city morgue investigates sudden death victims in the 1950s.

Thanks @oxo1947. I like Gabriel Byrne. Downloading now from 1337x.

This post is a bit OT. but have you had favorite creators who drop off the radar and you wonder what happened?

Chris Lilley for me is such a creator. I think he's brilliant and incredibly funny.

Well I had heard that he was kind of "cancelled" because of some edgy content (blackface done in content of characters particularly) so I hadn't thought about him for years.

But I was wondering is he totally over or can we hope for new content from that comic genius?

Well, according to this, he is working on stuff, but it sounds very very vague so I wouldn't count on it yet.

But he is doing a podcast in the voice of Ja’mie. I sampled it but I doubt that will fill my Liiley hunger well.

If you haven't watched his previous stuff, by all means give it a go. I don't think his work is dated as its about characters.

Chris Lilley breaks his silence to talk about how he's doing and dismiss claim he's been 'cancelled' (unilad.com)

The Aussie comedian is one of the greatest in character creation, having developed a diverse range of fan favorites from his hit mockumentary shows including Summer Heights High and Angry Boys.

His ability to embody each figure is unrivalled. Take Ja’mie, for example, the unbearably spoiled ‘Queen of Quiche’ who got her own spinoff show Ja'mie: Private School Girl. As is the case with all of his characters, Lilley didn’t use prosthetics or heavy makeup to convince audiences, and instead uncannily transformed into Ja’mie using his voice, mannerisms and writing abilities.

A sample:

On the same theme of brilliant Australian funny men, there is Josh Thomas. He hasn't done any new television since 2018. I don't get it.

Edited by Jingthing

12 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

I'd like to watch "Desperation road" (I heard it's good) but can't find free or cheap stream.

Do you know if I see it free if I join this (don't know what it is):

https://help.imdb.com/article/imdbpro/your-account/how-much-does-imdbpro-cost/G2Z9BDHS23B4GCKU?ref_=helpsrall#

Movie: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14633464/

fmoviesz.to has it

On 11/30/2023 at 12:08 PM, Seppius said:

Little clue would be nice, only find 1 and 2 so far, really good  so far

It must have been some keen uploader, the pack was deleted shortly after.

On 11/30/2023 at 5:16 PM, xylophone said:

I had some difficulty connnecting to iplayer before the weekend, everything seems good now. Sometimes I need to clear the browser cache and it's fine, sometimes I need to reboot the computer. I dont think you need to worry about the BBC tech guys, but there was defiantly something up, I know your DNS provider is good, (as I suggested it to you :) ) and I use PIA which I always rave about, just a little hiccup, happens sometimes.

The wife is a bit of Liam Neeson fan, we watched In The Land Of Saints & Sinners last night.

It got a 7.2 on IMDB so just about sneaked in there. I thought it was interesting, I liked the sets, Ireland in the 70s, the storyline was a bit predictable, the casting good - lots of the usual suspects when it comes to series / movies. There are no subtitles, but I let the wife just watch it anyway, she kept focus for the duration even tho' she hadn't a clue what was being said.

• Like 1