What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

On 12/7/2023 at 2:19 PM, oxo1947 said:

I dont know if we are on the same Page Andrew----- I have been to FMovies site, many times---and they do not seem to have it---they do have Ronnie O'Sullivan in different programs -- I.e American Hustle etc but I am getting a def No for Ronnie O'Sullivan: The Edge of Everything--  If you could DM me the link , not only would you get my thanks....but an apology  from a computer  Thicko..........:omfg:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29715313/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_6_tt_7_nm_1_q_the%20edge%20

You can try on moviesjoy. It seems to be available there.

• Thumbs Up 1

I downloaded and watched a movie called, "The Promise" and I think it was a recommendation from someone else on this thread, but whatever, I enjoyed it.

I had no idea about the Armenian genocide by the Turks, so after the movie I did a bit of research and it was truly shocking what happened, yet Turkey refuses to accept responsibility for it. I won't go into more detail because if someone wants to watch it, they will get an idea of my shock and horror at what actually happened.

Later on I watched a movie called, "The Autopsy of Jane Doe", mainly because I couldn't remember much about it, but not disappointed, so worth a watch if you haven't seen it before....stars Brian Cox.

Edited by xylophone

I needed cheering up today because I went to see old friend of mine who is seriously ill in hospital, only to encounter his two daughters who had flown in from overseas ostensibly to comfort him, but in reality to discover what their inheritances might be, and in the process giving his wife of 25 years so much stress and a really bad time, and so sad to see her under this much pressure.

When I got home very late from this, I needed cheering up so I re-watched an old favourite of mine called, "The Greatest Showman" and yet again I was absolutely blown away by the choreography in this movie, not to mention the moving songs and the plot (loose as it may be), and it brought tears of happiness to my eyes, because it is an uplifting movie, and yet again, I fell in love with Zendaya!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I sat through this movie & wouldn't recommend anybody waste their time watching it but thanks for the link to the "Explainers", The fact that there was a need to "Explain" a movie plot sort off speaks for itself & even after reading the "Explanations" I felt like I'd wasted approx. 3 hours of my life... Shame really as I'd been looking forward to watching it since Netflix started pro'moing it. 

As always, YMMV, I've just finished watching "Bad Surgeon: Love under the knife" & really enjoyed it found it fascinating, but it's probably not everybody's cup of tea.

Edited by Mike Teavee
It was Car Crash TV, nothing "Enjoyable" about what happened at all but (for me) compulsive viewing
  • Sad 1

Finally got round to watching Bodies, the Stephen Graham mini series about a body being found in the same location in different time zones over a 160 year period.

Thought it was very good and reminded me of “ Dark “ a German series dealing with two separate worlds running in unison with the same people with different characteristics.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5753856/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Gets a little complicated at times when the two worlds cross over but if you liked the above Bodies you will like this .

In German with subtitles or dubbed into English also, don’t remember where I found it as its been a while.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Finally got round to watching Bodies, the Stephen Graham mini series about a body being found in the same location in different time zones over a 160 year period.

Thought it was very good and reminded me of “ Dark “ a German series dealing with two separate worlds running in unison with the same people with different characteristics.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5753856/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Gets a little complicated at times when the two worlds cross over but if you liked the above Bodies you will like this .

In German with subtitles or dubbed into English also, don’t remember where I found it as its been a while.

Sure you mean Dark? it sounds more like Fringe.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1119644/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_7_nm_1_q_fringe

Cat Person.  When Margot, a college sophomore goes on a date with the older Robert, she finds that IRL Robert doesn't live up to the Robert she has been flirting with over texts. A razor-sharp exploration of the horrors of dating.

Thought this was very good.

Edited by giddyup

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Running a bit low on new stuff to watch so started wating Pustina AKA Wasteland again.

It's a cracking series.

TPB

How about Vigil? 

I seem to have missed S01, so started on that last night.

And Arctic Circle or Ivalo S03 - I need to catch up on, dont know if its worth a look?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, recom273 said:

How about Vigil? 

I seem to have missed S01, so started on that last night.

And Arctic Circle or Ivalo S03 - I need to catch up on, dont know if its worth a look?

A lot of people liked Vigil but I wasn't one of them.

Having said that, I'll give series 2 a crack.

I haven't seen Arctic Circle.

Mr Bates vs The Post Office  

Maybe of only interested to Brits.

The Sub Post Offices in the UK although past their hay day, are still quite numerous , usually run by Husband and wife team they combined it with selling other items and  it usually includes their accommodation, it's a life job.  A few years back the Goverment installed a new computer program --from Horisen , big company you can google. It found that some sub Post were stealing from them, not just some -Many,  Lots, Hundreds. So it started to take them to court-although they pleaded innocence, none of them won the case because it was hard to argue against what the computer program was saying.  They were told to pay 10K---sometime 20K pounds. of course some lost their job accommodation--standing in the community, most were also JPs . It got up to over 520 before someone said--This is a bit odd isn't it.  BBC have taken this British Scandal and turned it into a 4 part series starts 18th Dec--- the lead has Toby Jones (The guy who played Sutclife Killer) in the long shadow.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Mr Bates vs The Post Office  

Maybe of only interested to Brits.

The Sub Post Offices in the UK although past their hay day, are still quite numerous , usually run by Husband and wife team they combined it with selling other items and  it usually includes their accommodation, it's a life job.  A few years back the Goverment installed a new computer program --from Horisen , big company you can google. It found that some sub Post were stealing from them, not just some -Many,  Lots, Hundreds. So it started to take them to court-although they pleaded innocence, none of them won the case because it was hard to argue against what the computer program was saying.  They were told to pay 10K---sometime 20K pounds. of course some lost their job accommodation--standing in the community, most were also JPs . It got up to over 520 before someone said--This is a bit odd isn't it.  BBC have taken this British Scandal and turned it into a 4 part series starts 18th Dec--- the lead has Toby Jones (The guy who played Sutclife Killer) in the long shadow.

My Brother (Well technically his partner is the "Sub Post Master") leases a Post Office in rural Derbyshire & got caught up in this,  it was really nasty & ended up putting his partner in hospital with the stress from it (There were other People caught up in it who ended up committing suicide from the stress). 

In their case it was all over a £1,000 discrepancy so it got to the point where my brother said he'd just pay the £1,000 to make the problem go away but they wouldn't accept anything like that so it went on & on with threats of court action & prison until the truth came out & they were fully vindicated. 

My brother hasn't spoken about it to me since (I think mainly he doesn't want to upset his partner but also he doesn't want to relive that <deleted>) so I've no idea whether they were compensated for it or not.

Obviously I'm gonna watch the show to see what happens & I'll have a chat with him about it next time I'm in the UK (May). 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 2

I remember reading about "slow horses" in this forum, that was season 1.

Season 3 is streaming now, and I watched season 2 last week.

Season 1 was pretty good, but in spite of many people saying the contrary, I felt the plot of season 2 was weaker.

"Monarch legacy of monsters"

is streaming now.

started out quite ok, but from mid-episode 3 it all becomes nonsense. entertaining nonsense.

after a while, it feels like 50% of episodes are made of sentimental flashbacks.

• Agree 1