Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/" on this server.

GarryP

The title is pretty self explanatory. It has started to happen over the past week or so and I am no longer able to access certain websites that I previously used, such as Sports Direct. I have tried everything suggested online such as clearing all history, cookies, etc., reseting Chrome and Microsoft Edge, disabling VPN extensions but all to no avail. I have also found that I can no longer access an App I use regularly on my phone unless I use a VPN, and on my PC I get the message "This page isn’t working www.fitradio.com didn’t send any data" when trying to access the website (however, when using a VPN I can access the site without trouble).

I have also checked with my wife's notepad and android phone and receive the same errors, so it would appear that it is not a problem caused by our equipment but rather a server issue. Someone I know in Malaysia has had the same problem with Fit Radio. Has anyone heard of any particular issues that may be causing these problems? Could it be a problem with AIS (my provider)?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

@Roger That is on the right track. If a service or website does not typically serve a particular country then, from a web host's point of view, it can make sense to block that country. I have used Cloudflare in the past for my sites and they offer the option to block access from any country. Most hackers seem to come from a certain concentrated group of countries and will often try to breach a website or server (we can see from our server logs). 

When I'm in Thailand I need to access a couple of websites for business which are blocked to me unless I login via my UK VPN. Those sites would never normally have any customers or users outside of the UK.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 2

The geoblocking is weird. I've used Fit Radio for about 4 years with no problem. Just started blocking around Christmas. For Sports Direct, I've bought stuff online from them before, but hadn't visited the site for about 6 months so don't know when the problem started. I know for Fit Radio, they are having the same problems in Malaysia. 

I wonder if this region recently came under scrutiny as a result of all the scamming operations which seem to be running in Thailand and Cambodia.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Fit radio , Sports Direct , both work for me on my pc , with Browsec VPN. NT (TOT)

regards Worgeordie

Yeah, they work for me when I'm using a VPN, but I never needed to use a VPN before. 

First thing, be patient!

I had a problem with OneDrive a couple of hours ago. It didn't work on my phone and it didn't work on my desktop PC. What did I do? Wait. Now, a couple of hours later, it works again.

If you didn't change anything on your device then likely it is no problem on your device. The more you try to fix it the more it is likely that you will change some settings which make it worse.

Just try again in a few hours. If then it still doesn't work try with another computer/phone, with another internet connection, etc.

• Like 1

If you are using a VPN then these sites are in a continual battle with the VPN providers to block them - I use Nord and I tried Cyberghost - Nord could access Prime video but Cyberghost couldn't so I stayed with Nord - another tactic is to use a dedicate IP (costs more) but then you should be the only one with that IP and the websites won't block you because they see too many connections from the same IP.

6 hours ago, timendres said:

fitradio.com comes straight up with AIS and 3BB

I still can't access fit radio or sports direct on my PC. I am on AIS. I've already changed so much on my PC trying to resolve the problem, I have probably made it worse as warned by @OneMoreFarang

For fit radio, if I turn off wifi on my phone I can access the website, but when I change to wifi it is unaccessible. Sports direct is inaccessible whether wifi or data. 

I just wonder what the hell is going on. 

33 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I just wonder what the hell is going on. 

"progress" doesn't really seem like an appropriate word. As webmasters become more sophisticated they are becoming more selective, for a variety of reasons.

13 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Better call Ais and see what they are doing.

Its not just AIS, I have CAT and its not reachable on there either, as has already been mentioned it seems like the site itself has carried out a geo block for Thailand and possibly other countries. Its up everywhere else. I once did geo block on a couple of websites, purely because they were giving distorted stats on website visitors that were of no use to me.

image.png.ccc0fdf4b6502e60f2b7823930058cb6.png

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/fitradio.com.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its not just AIS, I have CAT and its not reachable on there either, as has already been mentioned it seems like the site itself has carried out a geo block for Thailand and possibly other countries. Its up everywhere else. I once did geo block on a couple of websites, purely because they were giving distorted stats on website visitors that were of no use to me.

image.png.ccc0fdf4b6502e60f2b7823930058cb6.png

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/fitradio.com.html

I am in Thailand and have no problems whatsoever reaching mentioned sites.

Seems quite erratic.

Just tried that fitradio without VPN (3BB) and get a rare error message about authenticity of data not ensured (self translation).

With NordVPN (US server) looks fine.

The error message is not the usual "access denied" that I know from sites that block Thailand IPs.

Recently I got an "access denied" from Lufthansa (German airline)!! Today all fine ????

Well invested money for the VPN.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1