Retirement Extension and Yellow House Book and Bank Statement

10 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Thanks for this info. I wasn't aware of that. So I have a YHB for a property I own (condo), and if I was to move to a property I don't own I can update my YHB to the new address?

In that case the owner of the property needs to give permission as you need his/her id card and tabien baan afaik

• Thanks 1

Update 2:

I am now the proud owner of 2 YHB. (Old one got a stamp, moved out) 

Easy peasy. Arrived at 12:45, done at 13:15. Longest wait was to wait for boss to sign. 

total costs 30 THB

edit: docs needed 

wifes housebook (owner of the house)

wifes id card

passport

OLD YHB

also wanted marriage certificate but at the end they checked in their system and it was oke. 

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Thanks for this info. I wasn't aware of that. So I have a YHB for a property I own (condo), and if I was to move to a property I don't own I can update my YHB to the new address?

Only with the permission of the housemaster (The first person entered in the blue book). If nobody is entered in the blue book then the permission of the property owner is required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

You could also try the Chang Stadium office to see if their requirements are the same. 

We went to the one in the Chang Stadium, but their comment on when we asked "what documents do we need for a new extension of stay based on Retirement" were literally

"Same documents as last year"

YHB? - No need

3 Month statement - No Need

Oke I got confirmation from the Bank (BBL in BIG C) that a 3 month statement is available and I just now got a new YHB for our current home.

So both the 3 month statement and YHB will go with me when going to Immigration BUT the ONLY document I will give them is the usual Bank Letter.  The other ones will be kept in the bag and only will be given when asked for ????

Will of course report back.

Ps: One crazy thing the bank clerk said was that the update of Bank Book for the Fixed Deposit account is from one day previous.

I have done my extensions previously with the Bank Letter and that balance was also updated with the transfer I did earlier that morning (same day as going to the Bank and Immigration). So maybe the clerk has some old info?

Will wait what happens on the day I am going to Immigration and update (next week though)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MJCM said:

We went to the one in the Chang Stadium, but their comment on when we asked "what documents do we need for a new extension of stay based on Retirement" were literally

"Same documents as last year"

YHB? - No need

3 Month statement - No Need

Oke I got confirmation from the Bank (BBL in BIG C) that a 3 month statement is available and I just now got a new YHB for our current home.

So both the 3 month statement and YHB will go with me when going to Immigration BUT the ONLY document I will give them is the usual Bank Letter.  The other ones will be kept in the bag and only will be given when asked for ????

Will of course report back.

Ps: One crazy thing the bank clerk said was that the update of Bank Book for the Fixed Deposit account is from one day previous.

I have done my extensions previously with the Bank Letter and that balance was also updated with the transfer I did earlier that morning (same day as going to the Bank and Immigration). So maybe the clerk has some old info?

Will wait what happens on the day I am going to Immigration and update (next week though)

Thanks for the update @MJCM. You are doing exactly what I would do. Give them the same as last year but have the 3 month statement and YHB in reserve in case they do ask for it. You may see a different officer this time who may not ask for the "extras". I never give them anything that they don't specifically ask for. Interesting to hear how this eventually pans out.

13 hours ago, MJCM said:

Update:

I just came back from Immigration

YHB  NOT NEEDED even the Map to the Property was NOT needed

Good news about YHB not needed. I don't provide a map to my house, but I always have an annotated hand drawn map and also one from google with me, just in case.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Good news about YHB not needed. I don't provide a map to my house, but I always have an annotated hand drawn map and also one from google with me, just in case.

Same here, even take copies with me of ALL passport Pages etc etc.

And this year I even prepared the papers to go the Marriage Extension Route as well (Kr2, Pictures etc) if the Retirement one proved to be a hassle, but the process was painless and quick.

• Like 1