Couple killed after drunk driver crashes into their motorbike sidecar

snoop1130

348038-1024x766.jpg

PHOTO: The Phuket Express

Two people have been killed after a drunk driver crashed into their motorbike sidecar in Phuket yesterday. According to a Phuket Express report, they were a married couple who worked as vendors at a market in Phuket Town.

The victims have been named as 64 year old Weerasin Boonthanaweerapat and his 63 year old wife, Ornpawee Boonthanaweerapat. They died when a sedan car crashed into their motorbike sidecar in the sub-district of Talad Nuea. Emergency responders were called to the scene on the Thep Sisin Bridge just before 4.00am.

According to the report, a number of eye witnesses claim the driver of the car tried to flee the scene but was unable to move his vehicle, which had stopped 50 metres from the scene.

He has been named as 53 year old Narongpat Makmee from the northeastern province of Ubon Ratchathani. It’s understood he was taken to Phuket City Police station to face charges of drink driving causing deaths.

Source: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/phuket-news/phuket-couple-killed-after-drunk-driver-crashes-into-their-motorbike-sidecar/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2023-01-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Drunk driver obviously unharmed......didn't the (very rich) BKK car dealer do the same a few years ago, but couldn't be tested for drugs or alcohol by the RTP as he had bumped his head and had to be rushed to hospital

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/4/2023 at 11:14 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Throw him in the slammer and throw the key away, case closed.

Sell his assets if any and give the proceeds to the victims family.

That would reduce others in the future being caught drunk, e.g. 6,992 drunk drivers caught in the last 6 days driving under the influence, you can also x that by 10, you know, the others who paid their way out of going to jail for the night and being recorded as DUI.

And multiply that by 10 again for those who were not caught at all ...!? 

I was thinking with the weed going legal and just about everyone trying it, what would be the effect on driving while stoned....?

From memory I can't recall much info or stats about it, but I think now that it's legal like alcohol and users numbers increasing, we will get proper stats soon - stand by...! ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

I was thinking with the weed going legal and just about everyone trying it, what would be the effect on driving while stoned....?

From personal experience, weed makes you drive slower and savour the experience whereas alcohol makes you fearless and hence drive faster.

Anyway, a sad story and I hope the victims RIP or come back as something noble - depending on their beliefs.

Edited by London Lowf