Lazada login verification every time.

stubuzz

Lazada is asking for security verification every-time i open the site on Firefox. It did not do this previously. I have checked cookie settings and they are being saved. Any ideas?

Edited by stubuzz

Yeah, it seems to go in phases.

One week, nothing, straight in every time.

Another week, asked multiple times, even during a session.

Somewhat annoying, but it's not going to stop me using Laz.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you use a new device or have recently cleared your cache you will get this for awhile.  Each time I clear my cache in my computer it takes the cookies that the sites use to verify me.  After I verify for a number of times, it restores enough times the cookies that Lazada and Shopee and other sites now recognize it isn't a hacker. 

Having developed code with Lazada for a logistics company, I can tell you that Lazada has an enormous target on its back, and was forced to update many of their security measures to avoid being inundated and overwhelmed. This will likely only get worse over time, as hackers continue to push.

• Like 2

I haven't seen its backend code but seeing the frontend I can tell that Lazada (and Aliexpress) is a bunch of shítcode and an excellent example of how not to make websites.

To the OP: try Shopee, they are much less annoying.

38 minutes ago, fdsa said:

I haven't seen its backend code but seeing the frontend I can tell that Lazada (and Aliexpress) is a bunch of shítcode and an excellent example of how not to make websites.

Lazada hasn't annoyed me for months. Shopee always wants a code sent to my phone. I almost always use Lazada nowadays. Guess I'm used to the quirks, it all seems quite painless. Never a problem about deliveries.  

1. are you using a Thai IP or a foreign IP (via a VPN)?

2. On my Thai partners PC both Lazada and Shoppee gave me the option of auto login - maybe not good on a notebook or Phone but on a PC in the house not too dangerous and in any event it's set to pay on delivery (however I guess if you regularly clear cache then the login in data disappears)

If you do think clearing cache is an issue (some browsers can be set to clear on exit)  try this product for cleaning up your windows device - it's free and you can tell it to selectively delete cache I use it to keep my banking cache alive even when clearing the rest of the cache. (but then you have to set the browser clear cache on exit OFF).

https://privazer.com/en/support.php

On 1/4/2023 at 6:20 PM, BigStar said:

Lazada hasn't annoyed me for months.

Do you get the slider verification? Pain in the proverbial, looking at various offers or going to the second page of feedback is suspicious ... on an ecommerce site! ????‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Do you get the slider verification? Pain in the proverbial, looking at various offers or going to the second page of feedback is suspicious ... on an ecommerce site! ????‍♂️

Very seldom these days. Used to get it every page view.

One thing I wish I'd done long ago: I bookmarked the Lazada login page and added it to my bookmarks toolbar. So I always go directly to that, bypassing all the annoying sales glitter on the homepage. Loads fast. If I don't want to login, I just search from there.

Edited by BigStar

4 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Very seldom these days. Used to get it every page view.

It has calmed down for me too, but I'd say I still get it every dozen pages or so, no idea what weird algorithm is behind it.

• 9 months later...
On 1/4/2023 at 2:37 PM, fdsa said:

agree same here, try to give a feedback to ladaza on this matter, but all i got is please feedback on the delivery, product, seller only. Seems like lazada do not need any feedback on their system 🙂 Ok then i shall look for other provider 🙂