Condominium technicians do a bad job with possible fire risk - and now?

Today I saw the technicians in "my" condominium work on the ceiling in the lobby. They worked on the electrical wires to the lights.

I saw one of them just drilling some cables together without any electrical connectors.

Probably he covered that with a little tape - job done.

I guess it might work, but unprofessional work like that is a fire risk. And IMHO a job like that should be done by professional electricians with professional tools and equipment.

But what is the best way to make this situation better?

I am pretty sure if I would talk to the condominium manager, who was maybe 10m away from that, nothing would happen. After all, the technician did what (I guess) most untrained Thai technicians would do. Like: I can do that, don't worry.

I think about writing an email to the condominium committee. I guess I should especially mention that what those technicians do is a fire risk. I also might remind them that maybe the insurance won't pay if a fire happened because of work from people who are not qualified for such work.

What is your experience? Is there a way to make sure work like that is only done by professionals?

Or do we accept that this is Thailand and hope for the best?

The picture is just a sample, it's not from that ceiling.

shower-fault-finding.jpeg

53 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think about writing an email to the condominium committee. I guess I should especially mention that what those technicians do is a fire risk. I also might remind them that maybe the insurance won't pay if a fire happened because of work from people who are not qualified for such work.

They may ask to see evidence of the poor workmanship.

1 minute ago, stubuzz said:

They may ask to see evidence of the poor workmanship.

Thanks

That should be easy. I remember where I saw that technician and it is an easily accessible place. If they want to look, they can look.

But I guess such an inspection should be done by a professional electrician. There is not much point if a committee member who has no certification in such things looks at it and decides: that looks dogy. 

10 hours ago, digbeth said:

looks like it hadn't been touched since the last guy that wiped down those wires with some wet rag

There must be some new cleaning method for something like that.

Not too many years ago many ceilings from many bars looked just like that. Now many of them seem to be clean.

Maybe some new service or device how to clean that.